• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carb Addicts Diet VS Adkins

Lanshark

<font color=red>Peace be still<br><font color=purp
I have done the Carb Addicts Diet where you basically eat low carb during the day and eat what you want to during dinner as long as it stays within an hour period of time. How does this compare, as far as effectiveness, to Adkins. The CAD was nice because you could have a baked potato or dessert during the evening.

I'll have to read up on Carbs Addicts. I'm a night time eater, so limiting myself to eating up to an hour after dinner sounds like it might be helpful.

(Not that I should need anyone to tell me that).

Fergie,

It's not really an hour after dinner. Basically you start the clock when you begin dinner and you need to be finished eating in an hour. I hope I am explaining this correctly but I believe it has to do with the insulin spike you will get during dinner if you eat carbs. If you finish eating in an hour then your body does not have time to spike again thus causing what your are eating to go to fat.

Name of the Book
The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Dr. Rachael f Heller
Dr. Richard F Heller

Its based on some of the same principles as Adkins but not as limiting.

On carb Addicts plan at dinner time you may have some carbs BUT for every carb you have you must have an equal amount of low carb veggies and protein. So no seconds on the mashed potatoes unless you even it out with equal amounts of veggies and protein.

I would think this plan would be great IF you limit your carb choices to non refined/non white carbs. No white pasta, rice, potatoes, processed foods etc. If you can keep it to whole grains then it could be a healthy way of eating. (or at least limit the white sugary food choices.).

Wovenwonder and Lanshark --

I am attempting to limit my white carbohydrates, but I'm not sure about Atkins (from what I know if it). From what you've said here, Carb Addicts sounds better for me. If I made myself eat yet another serving of protein/vegetables every time I wanted a carb, I'd probably end up curbing both!

In any event, it doesn't hurt to read the book and see if I like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter