card no. at car rental

penlanspice

Addicted 2 disney
hi
i've got a package with virgin, and full insurance. can anyone tell me if you still have to leave a credit card no? i don't have one.
thanks
sam

I have always had to leave a card, even when I have pre-paid with full insurance. I don't know why, but they always seem to require it.

Do you have a Debit card, like a Connect or Switch? they would probably accept that. They won't charge anything to it -they just like to know you have one.

Bev

We used the Virgin Fully Inc package two years ago and I was surprised I DID NOT have to leave a card, I got it out ready and the guy said he didn't need as I had full cover.
Alamo this year despite us having full cover still wanted a card but put no charge on it.

We used the Virgin Platinum Fully Inclusive Insurance last year, with Dollar Car Rental and didn't have to leave an imprint either :)

I wonder if it would be worth you emailing just to be on the safe side or perhaps phone Virgin?

the last three times I have used dollar and have never left a card number with them
I did get asked for one at orlando airport last year but refused to give it as all extras were prepaid
on one ocation I had to pay for a tank of fuel and told the dollar rep that I would pay cash he did not like it but had to take it

I've been 8 times now and only had to leave a credit card impression once when I went with Thompson and did not take out fully inclusive insurance. If you have full insurance I see no justification in providing a credit card impression as you have to give your driving licence details and this should be sufficient to confirm your identity!!!:cool:

Some of the staff they get in Dollar just get into a routine and they repeat it for everybody. However I agree with what was said earlier and suggest you check out your position before you leave just to give you extra confidence in case you are asked for a credit card at the desk.

Although you it seems you don't need to leave a CC impression at the car hire company, I think it is always a good idea to take a CC to Florida, even if you don't plan to use it.

It's nice to know that in an emergency you have something to fall back on - remember if you need medical help you have to pay the bill there and then and then claim it back when you get home.

thanks everyone!!

think i'll call virgin to make sure. but i also can't see the need be, when i've got the platinum package.

only 23 days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter