Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetymom

dis veteran
DISNEY'S CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT

Welcome to the CBR FAQ's Part V. This thread will always be stuck at the top of the Resorts board along with all the other resorts.

Please sit back, kick your shoes off and enjoy reading about CBR. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them.

Phone: 407-934-3400

900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(for priority shipping)
Mailing Address:
Post Office Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
(for United States Postal Service deliveries)

Caribbean Beach has free wi fi at Shutters, Old Port Royale Food Court, Goombay Games, Calypso Trading Post and the Straw Market and the resort rooms.
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ’s

CBR opened Oct. 1988. The resort is arranged around a 42 acre lake. The size of the resort is 200 acres and has 2,112 guest rooms.

Where can I find a map of CBR?

http://www.idhal.com/CBR/cbr.html

Where can I find pictures of the resort?

Can you tell me about the different villages at CBR?

There are 5 villages at CBR.
Trinidad - 576 Rooms - Terra Cotta, Bronze, Green color scheme; Trinidad, buildings 3100, 3200, 3300 are located in close proximity to Old Port Royale.
Martinique - 384 Rooms - Sea Blue, Red/Pink Trim color scheme
Barbados - 384 Rooms - Salmon, Pink/Teal color scheme
Aruba - 384 Rooms - Pink Purple with Teal Roofs color scheme
Jamaica- 384 Rooms- Yellow, Blue

21 Special needs rooms
2,112 Non Smoking rooms
The entire resort is non smoking now. Here is a link to the Smoking areas at the resorts at WDW. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/

Bedding:Two Double beds are in each room except rooms with king beds. Rollaways $15.00 plus tax. Crib on request (under 3 years)

Each village has its own pool except Trinidad has 2.

Rooms can accommodate up to 4 people. There is a curtain between the room and the sink area. Coffeepots, full size ironing boards and irons, hair dryer are provided. Mickey bar soap and shampoo is provided daily.
They are all 2 story buildings. They have no elevators. They also now have refrigerators in every room. http://www.idhal.com/photogallery/photo2058/real_p.htm

Preferred locations
Martinique it will be buildings 24, 25, 26. In Trinidad North it will be 31,32,33. The additional charge will be $15 per night.

How do I check in at CBR? Where can I buy tickets?

You will need to stop at the guard shack before entering CBR. Be sure to have your room confirmation and a Photo ID to show the guard. He will direct you to the Customs House. There is a guest services window in the Customs house. They can help with information, priority seatings, ticket information.

Where do I do laundry? At each quiet pool is a laundry room. They have 8 washers and 10 dryers.
DSC_2326056.jpg

DSC_2328058.jpg

Where can I buy meals, souvenirs, play games, etc.?

You would need to go to Old Port Royale. This is where the food court, gift shop, video arcade, sit down restaurant, is located. The food court area has a central check out with different stations serving a variety of meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. There is a sit down area and there is also the Grab and Go market area with separate check out. The Grab and Go market has different selections during the day. Varies from bread, bagels, donuts, cereal, sandwiches, beer, wine, desserts, etc.

Occasionally they have live groups playing in the courtyard at Old Port Royale.

DSC_2320050.jpg

Arcade photos

Shutters at Old Port Royale is the sit down restaurant. You can make Priority seatings for this restaurant.

What is the island in the middle of the lake?

The island is called Caribbean Cay(used to be called Parrot Cay). It has several play areas for kids and some tucked away romantic benches for adults. There are bridges that connect the island to the mainland. It is great to walk around the island and enjoy the views.

How far is it to walk around the lake?

The distance around the lake is 1.4 miles. It is great for walking, jogging, and riding bicycles.

DSC_2324054.jpg

Where can I rent boats and bicycles?

Marina, Barefoot Bay Boat Yard (407) 934-2851
Old Port Royale/Lighthouse
Hours: (subject to change)
10:00am - 5:00pm
Last rental at closing
Lake cleared 30 minutes after closing
Marina hours are approximate (may close due to inclement weather)
Rentals:
Sea Raycer by Sea Ray®: $24.00(plus tax) per 30 mins. 38.00 per hour.
Canoe 3 guests max $6.50 per 30 mins. Sun Tracker®Pontoon Boats: $42.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Pedal Boats: (1-4 passengers) $6.50 (plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Sailboats: (1-2 passengers): $20.00(plus tax) per hour
17' Boston Whaler Montauk 6 guests max. $33.00 per 30 mins.

DSC_2325055.jpg

Boat Rentals

In order to rent watercraft, a guest must be 18 years of age and present a WDW Guest ID or valid driver's license.
Marina Plans for Walt Disney World Resort Guests only

Requirements for driving watercraft: Not sure if this has changed lately!
A child must be at least 12 years old and at least 5-feet tall to drive the mouseboats There is a maximum combined weight of 320 lbs. permitted for a mouseboat.
Drivers of pontoon boats must be 18 years of age. (Maximum of 8 people)
Drivers of canopy boats must be 18 years of age. (Maximum of 6 people)
All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign a release.
Drivers 18 years of age must provide ID with birth date.

Bike Rentals
Barefoot Bay Bike Works: (407) 934-2851
Old Port Royale/Lighthouse
Hours- 10-5 daily( Subject to change)

Prices:
Mongoose® Bicycle: $8.00(plus tax) per hour/$22.00 (plus tax) per day
Surrey Bike (2-seater): $18.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Surrey Bike (4-seater): $22.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Children’s bikes, child seats and helmets are available
A limited number of children’s bikes have training wheels
No overnight rentals

The Nemo Rooms at Caribbean Beach

I stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort in Walt Disney World in Orlando FL over the weekend. I was anxious to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms since Disney announced the new Nemo theme for many of the rooms. Caribbean Beach is my favorite resort at WDW.

I have stayed many times at CBR over the years and loved the subtle tropical feel in the rooms. So when Disney started the refurbishment I was concerned I would not like the new rooms. Well once again Disney did a great job at creating a new feel when you enter the room.

I had a room that was very close to the parking lot but I couldn’t hear any noise from the area and it was hard to even see the cars from the sidewalk outside the room. I stay in Martinique 24 which was the first building to be done. This is considered a preferred building costing extra at CBR. It was a very short walk to Old Port Royale the food court and the main pool.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0180.jpg

The new rooms have been painted and received new carpeting, furniture, flat screen television, curtains, shower rod and curtain. If you have stayed here before the carpeting is new but the color is a deeper green. The chest of drawers houses the fridge.

They kept the double beds but they are now on a platform. The downside is that was a great place to store your luggage. There is plenty of room back by the double sinks to store any luggage.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0165.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0178.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0159.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0138.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0133.jpg

There is a bench with a drawer that will hold a lot. The new dresser has plenty of drawers. I didn’t miss the old armoire they had in the room. The new room feels larger.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0103.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0105.jpg

The curtain is new back by the double sinks. That is a great feature when you are trying to get ready in the morning, some have used that area as a private area for a baby in their porta crib.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0102.jpg

The room comes with a fridge, 4 cup coffee maker with several packets of regular and decaf coffee and the condiments for it, full size ironing board and iron. You receive a small bottle of combo shampoo/conditioner and a Mickey bar of soap.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0121.jpg

The bathroom received the new curved shower rod and new shower curtain. The room was very clean.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0098.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0094.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0091.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms00921.jpg

I had a room with the door connecting to the room next door. I never heard my neighbors.

The safe is small and wouldn’t hold a laptop but it would be great for all the small stuff.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0088.jpg

The one thing I wasn’t fond of was the Ethernet connection is on the nightstand between the beds. The cord was just long enough that the person closest to the nightstand could use the laptop. It would have been nice if the Ethernet connection had been at the table.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0143.jpg

I enjoyed my stay at CBR and will be back again soon to enjoy the resort and pool. I can't wait for the new pirate rooms coming in January in Trinidad South.

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0141.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0114.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0146.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0148.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0154.jpg

newcaribbeanbeachrooms0174.jpg

Pirate Rooms in Trinidad South All the rooms in Trinidad South have the Pirate theming. These pictures were taken in a handicapped accessible room. The bathroom area will be different in a regular room.

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0792.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0798.jpg

DSC_0799.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0810.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

The New Pool at Caribbean Beach

Pool use is for Caribbean Beach Resort Guests and Disney Vacation Club Members ONLY. During certain times of the year, Disney Vacation Club usage may be suspended due to capacity. Please contact front desk to verify.

Pools are heated to approximately 82 degrees at all Walt Disney World Resorts
For safety, diaper-age children must wear plastic pants or swim diapers

Pool Hours: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM(subject to change)
Lifeguard/Slide Hours- 10am to 8pm (subject to change)

The main pool has water falls, a slide, a kiddie pool and a spa. There are free life preservers at the pool and marina that guests may use.

Towels: A limited supply of towels is available at the Old Port Royale pool ONLY. Guests may also bring towels from their room. There are no towels available at the Village Pools.

There are separate showers in the locker rooms at the Old Port Royale pool

There are coin operated lockers at the Old Port Royale pool only.

Village Pools

Hours:7:00am - midnight (subject to change)
Swimming, sunbathing, and coin operated laundry facility
No lifeguards at Village pools. Swim at own risk.

Towels: No towels available. Guests should bring towels from their room. Towels are only available at the feature pool.

Swimming is not permitted in the lake.

CBRfinishedpool005.jpg

CBRfinishedpool007.jpg

CBRfinishedpool009.jpg

CBRfinishedpool011.jpg

CBRfinishedpool014.jpg

CBRfinishedpool015.jpg

CBRfinishedpool016.jpg

CBRfinishedpool019.jpg

CBRfinishedpool021.jpg

CBRfinishedpool024.jpg

CBRfinishedpool025.jpg

CBRfinishedpool030.jpg

CBRfinishedpool032.jpg

CBRfinishedpool033.jpg

CBRfinishedpool035.jpg

CBRfinishedpool045.jpg

CBRfinishedpool046.jpg

CBRfinishedpool049.jpg

CBRfinishedpool039.jpg

CBRfinishedpool051.jpg

Food in Grab and Go Market during Breakfast hours. For lunch and dinner they have cupcakes and cookies in case.

P1040643.jpg

P1040624.jpg

P1040626.jpg

P1040628.jpg

P1040629.jpg

P1040630.jpg

P1040631.jpg

P1040632.jpg

Just noticed on the original pictures that Safetymom had posted that the coffee pot is an actual pot. They have since changed that. The new ones hold two individual cups side by side. CBR no longer has the old fashioned pot where you can brew 2-4 cups at one time. We found that out last week when we were there.

Just noticed on the original pictures that Safetymom had posted that the coffee pot is an actual pot. They have since changed that. The new ones hold two individual cups side by side. CBR no longer has the old fashioned pot where you can brew 2-4 cups at one time. We found that out last week when we were there.

The first 7 posts are two and a half years old. I'm sure that's not the only outdated information. The picture of the soap and shampoo are old too.

Do you know if those take rregular coffee or pods, and what kind of pods? I might bring some if I can find them, since I have read they only leave two a day. Thank you!

Joining the new thread. Can't wait to be back at CBR in August!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

Do you know if those take rregular coffee or pods, and what kind of pods? I might bring some if I can find them, since I have read they only leave two a day. Thank you!

gggrrr... I usually stay in DVC where there is a 10 cup pot, which works great for me since I drink iced coffee so I make a full pot and it lasts 3 days or so.
We will be staying at CBR in March for my ds's baseball spring training at WWoS. I would also like to know if I need to bring pods or regular coffee.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter