Carlsbad Half Marathon/Kids Run

cag0621

Earning My Ears
Since Disneyland is taking so long to get themselves straight for the Light Side run, we are thinking about hitting the race in Carlsbad that weekend instead. We would probably sign the kids up for the kids run through Legoland on Saturday and then my DH would run the half on Sunday. Has anyone ever done this race weekend before? Advice on hotels? We were trying to decide between actually staying at Legoland Hotel vs. one of the Hilton (Cape Rey or Hilton Garden Inn) that are both official race hotels with transportation. I have questions like will DH be able to get transportation to his half from Legoland Hotel? Will we be able to get transportation from the Hilton hotels for the Kids Run on Saturday? Will we be sorry if we try to stay in the Legoland Hotel on Friday and move to one of the race hotels on Saturday night? Any insight or other information would be appreciated! TIA!!

I haven't done the run but if you're doing this as a vacation and the kids are into Legos, I'd stay at the Legoland hotel. It's pretty amazing for kids (mine are always begging to go back).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!