Carnation Cafe ADRs

mummabear

DIS Veteran
So I am interested in dining at Carnation Cafe (and maybe a lunch or dinner at Plaza inn as well) this trip.
I am not 100% sure I want to commit to an ADR though as I already have them for BB, Ariels, BBB, Rainforest Cafe and will have booked Walk in Walts. I don't want "appointments" every day.

How likely are walk ups for a group of 5 September 8-23?

I have always been able to walk up to Carnation Cafe and get a table, the longest I have waited is about 15 minutes. You might want to try going just before the lunch rush or just after, but you should have no problems.

We have walked up or made reservations an hour before we wanted to eat. If you eat outside of the lunch rush, you will have little or no trouble getting a table.

I've made same day reservations at carnation before. Last time I made a 5:30 reservation that same day around noon, so you could try that. That way you can decide last minute

Usually they are available. But the one time we tried on our last trip we were told no walk-ups at that time.

Usually they are available. But the one time we tried on our last trip we were told no walk-ups at that time.

Yeah, this has been happening more and more often over the last year or so I feel. I have been able to make the occasional same-day reservation though.

I would try for a same day reservation via the Disneyland App. Looks like a table is available for 5 tonight at 8:30, but no earlier. Tomorrow has more availability. I have heard people be turned away for walk ups both there and Cafe Orleans, even though there are plenty of open tables. I assume they didn't have enough staff to run it jam packed.

Last weekend, we had reservations at 920a at Carnation. Walk ups were being told 60 min wait. We've been there when people were being told no walk ups. If you know you want to do it at a certain time, make a reservation. If you are a group larger than 4, make a reservation.

ETA - You should be able to get in without a reservation, but you can also try to get one a couple hours before you want to eat Mon-Thurs.

On both our trip over Spring Break and again in June, they were turning away all walk ups, even parties of 2.

Around the 8th of September you won't have to much trouble. You may have to wait a while but you will most likely get in. But the closer you get to October the less likely you will be able to walk up and get a table.

We ate there last night. At 7:30pm, staff was telling walk-ups the wait was about 30 minutes.

Anyone who is vegan/vegetarian, the vegan burger is NOT good.

We eat there at least once or twice per trip and never have ADR. We just walk up and usually get seated within 5 minutes.

We make reservations for one sit down meal every day we are there as a chance to decompress and relax. The rest of the day, we just snack. I always include Carnation Cafe ADR on my trips. Make sure to get a malt!

If you know you want to dine there, then I would make a reservation as soon as you know when you want to eat. There are often same day reservations available. I also don't think you'll necessarily have problems getting a walk-up on the weekdays during that period, but I wouldn't count on being able to walk-up on the weekend days. I have been during HalloweenTime when Carnation Cafe was turning away walk-up at dinner time and I've been there when they were accepting walk-ups, but the wait was between 45 minutes and an hour. It's hard to say how things will be there when you go, but I would make an ADR so that you won't have to worry about being turned away.

I agree with Figment. I have gotten a walk up for breakfast on a weekday but never on a weekend as they were booked up. I would try on a weekday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter