Carnival Cruise Legend -- Fight Breaks Out

Whoa! I cannot even imagine being in a situation like that. I'm glad they kicked them off. I bet the other passengers are getting all kinds of discounts and offers.

I found other articles about this. Apparently these people were causing trouble the whole cruise, threatening others and being aggressive.

Last edited:
From what I have read, in addition to the brawl(s), the actions of security and other crew was a bit on the iffy side in relation to the whole thing.

I bet the other passengers are getting all kinds of discounts and offers.

I want to say I saw somewhere that guests are being offered a 25% discount.

From what I have read, in addition to the brawl(s), the actions of security and other crew was a bit on the iffy side in relation to the whole thing.

There's a video out there of part of the brawl. It shows at least one security guard kicking a man who was down on the ground.

I know it's easy to sit and arm-chair quarter-back like I'm doing. That being said, I can understand the frustration of the security people. They are being attacked, as well as guests they are trying to help, and there's only so many of them. They don't have more reinforcements to call in. Plus, how many times are they actually called upon to handle a situation like this and what kind of training do they have? I would be completely overwhelmed. I imagine they know how to handle one or two belligerent drunks, but a whole group of fighting people?

I'm just glad I've never been near a situation like this. I understand the whole cruise there were incidents of threats and actual violence. It seems the perpetrators should have been under lock and key before it escalated to this point.

There's a video out there of part of the brawl. It shows at least one security guard kicking a man who was down on the ground.

Security and an officer were filmed kicking someone on the ground. I don't know what the proper protocol or law is that would justify that, but at face value, it did not look appropriate at all.

After all the trouble this "group" caused, throwing them all overboard would have been appropriate!! But actually I would think that security would have firearms and should have arrested some of these clowns.

And where tho would they secure them?? Do these ships have an actual "brig"???

This is what can happen on a "party" Cruise line--

C'mon folks. This is a group of people who apparently don't know how to behave. It could have happened on any cruise line. Carnival did get the situation under control and the entire extended family was removed from the cruise.
As for firearms. I sure hope we are not sailing with armed security guards. Too many people in very tight quarters. Once a bullet leaves a weapon, there is no telling where it will end up.

C'mon folks. This is a group of people who apparently don't know how to behave. It could have happened on any cruise line.
I disagree. Passengers were talking about being threatened by other passengers, told to "watch their backs", etc. It was not just a couple of rowdy young adults who had one too many to drink. It was violent and it involved a large group of passengers that seemed to be looking for trouble.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-into-violent-anarchy/?utm_term=.02e46c0d1328

I do not believe that this could have happened on DCL or Crystal. People who behave this way don't tend to be able to hold down jobs that pay enough for cruises on the more expensive lines.

Last edited:
I disagree. Passengers were talking about being threatened by other passengers, told to "watch their backs", etc. It was not just a couple of rowdy young adults who had one too many to drink. It was violent.

I do not believe that this could have happened on DCL
or Crystal. People who behave this way don't tend to be able to hold down jobs that pay enough for cruises on the more expensive lines.

I agree. I think DCL would have nipped this in the bud really quickly.

I disagree. Passengers were talking about being threatened by other passengers, told to "watch their backs", etc. It was not just a couple of rowdy young adults who had one too many to drink. It was violent and it involved a large group of passengers that seemed to be looking for trouble.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-into-violent-anarchy/?utm_term=.02e46c0d1328

I do not believe that this could have happened on DCL or Crystal. People who behave this way don't tend to be able to hold down jobs that pay enough for cruises on the more expensive lines.
I read this same thing very differently. The few people in this group were out looking for trouble from the very start. it had nothing to do with booze or liquor. it had nothing to do with the activities of the cruise line.
I don't even know where to go with the highly stereotypical comment about affordability. That's just wrong on so many levels.

I read this same thing very differently. The few people in this group were out looking for trouble from the very start. it had nothing to do with booze or liquor. it had nothing to do with the activities of the cruise line.
I don't even know where to go with the highly stereotypical comment about affordability. That's just wrong on so many levels.
I said in my post this had nothing do with alcohol. Please read my post more carefully.

I speak from life experience, not stereotypes. I'm sorry if the truth offends you. People who behave this aggressively usually cannot hold down good jobs. That's a fact. The majority of poor people would be as repulsed by this group's behavior as people of other economic levels, but that is not the issue at hand.

Last edited:
As for firearms. I sure hope we are not sailing with armed security guards. Too many people in very tight quarters. Once a bullet leaves a weapon, there is no telling where it will end up.

I completely disagree. I would hope that the ships have the necessary tools for their security in case the need arises. But that security also needs to have the proper training. From what I saw on the video, it would appear some of the security guards on that ship didn't have proper training. And the issues with this group should have been dealt with long before this brawl began.

If you truly believe that once a bullet leaves a weapon there's no telling where it ends up, please educate yourself on firearms.

Agree! I know plenty of trashy rich folks who are trouble. Affordablitity also has nothing to do with what job one has. Just ask the guy in our town who once drove a ferrari before his drug conviction. Who did 15 and now has a mercedes. I can also picture a brawl starting on DCL. Ex a mom flipping out as BBB is booked and therefore her darling princess’s cruise is no longer magical . Stuff happens evertwhere. I work for an airline. We deal with more rowdy drunks in biz and first.

Last edited:
I said in my post this had nothing do with alcohol. Please read my post more carefully.

I speak from life experience, not stereotypes. I'm sorry if the truth offends you. People who behave this aggressively usually cannot hold down good jobs. That's a fact. The majority of poor people would be as repulsed by this group's behavior as people of other economic levels, but that is not the issue at hand.

If one wealthy family member pays for several other members, then everyone else doesn't have to be gainfully employed. You could have a generous benefactor paying the way for a bunch of derelicts.

Agreed.

If you truly believe that once a bullet leaves a weapon there's no telling where it ends up, please educate yourself on firearms.

In the one hand, of course the bullet can’t end up behind you if you’re firing in a certain direction. But you don’t get to tell the bullet to stop once it hits the person you’re aiming for.

And on the other hand, depending on where you shoot it can end up nearly anywhere. When my mom lived in Miami, after any big celebration there was always some report of someone being hit by a bullet as it came down to earth after being shot up into the air...

I completely disagree. I would hope that the ships have the necessary tools for their security in case the need arises. But that security also needs to have the proper training. From what I saw on the video, it would appear some of the security guards on that ship didn't have proper training. And the issues with this group should have been dealt with long before this brawl began.

Even when it would be those same poorly trained security guards doing the panicked shooting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter