CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carnival had posted for weeks that bookings would be available on November 12. Now that information has been removed. I'm a little ticked that they could not adhere to their own timeline.
They seem to do that quite often, it drives me nuts. I really want to see the European itineraries bad.

So... 4 dates...

Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Livorno (Florence and Pisa), Naples (Pompei and Capri), Messina (Sicily), Marseilles (Provence).

OR

Barcelona, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Naples (Pompei and Capri), Messina (Sicily), Roma.

OR

A mix of the two with Corfu (Greece) and Malta?

p.s.: I can't go. We have Hawaii with the family during that period. :(

Yes, only 4 sailings plus the TA. Disappointing but that is what they did with Horizon too. The only date that works for us is the last one departing May 30. My DS is unsure whether he wants to go and I am OK with him staying with my sister but I still don't want to be gone while school is in. Decisions to make now.

We’re doing the Transatlantic. My wife is a teacher and we never have the opportunity to do a TA so we’re pretty excited. We also have enough airline miles that we’ll be able to fly to Barcelona in Business Class since we’ll only be flying from New York to AZ after the cruise.

Awesome. I am not sure I would like all those sea days.

I think we will take the kids on a short Spring Break cruise and then just my mom and I will go to Europe. Will be so different without kids but I guess I better get used to it as the youngest will be graduating in 3 years.

We’re doing the Transatlantic. My wife is a teacher and we never have the opportunity to do a TA so we’re pretty excited. We also have enough airline miles that we’ll be able to fly to Barcelona in Business Class since we’ll only be flying from New York to AZ after the cruise.

When I saw the TA I was tempted for the same reason-- you never see them in summer. Plus, the price is great. Just slightly more than our summer 2020 7 night Panorama but for 13 nights! I brought it up for discussion last night and got some pushback because when we do Panorama we will probably do a few days in DL and our 9 and 10 year old made their preference known. Mickey's parks win every time. I was trying to figure out if I could persuade them with a side trip to DL Paris, but Dh said no because he can only really take 2 weeks max at a time. That TA looks like an awesome cruise!

Steel cutting ceremony in Finland today for the new LNG ship Carnival ???? The name will be announced in December and itineraries in January 2019!

Also, don't go booking that Radiance cruise just yet! More Europe to come on Carnival Legend. I have found the following calls for 2020:

Reykjavik June 11
Le Havre June 18, 29 (from Southampton, to Hamburg)
Gibraltar July 4
Civitavecchia July 13, 19 August 3, 9, 24, 30, September 14, 20 October 5, 11, 26

We are now in a wait and see pattern until all Europe is announced. So many choices!

Steel cutting ceremony in Finland today for the new LNG ship Carnival ???? The name will be announced in December and itineraries in January 2019!

Also, don't go booking that Radiance cruise just yet! More Europe to come on Carnival Legend. I have found the following calls for 2020:

Reykjavik June 11
Le Havre June 18, 29 (from Southampton, to Hamburg)
Gibraltar July 4
Civitavecchia July 13, 19 August 3, 9, 24, 30, September 14, 20 October 5, 11, 26

We are now in a wait and see pattern until all Europe is announced. So many choices!

OMG wow!

I don't really like the giant product placement Carnival name and logo on the side. The front color is ok but I really like the classic white.

I don't really like the giant product placement Carnival name and logo on the side. The front color is ok but I really like the classic white.

I have to admit that I focussed on the front of the ship. I have a thing for colors on the hull. NCL ships are my favorite.

Anyone been on Carnival in Alaska? Looking at the Grand Suite. It’s between them and Royal Caribbean.

I just refuse to pay double for Disney for the same ship I’m going on next week just because it’s in Alaska.

Anyone been on Carnival in Alaska? Looking at the Grand Suite. It’s between them and Royal Caribbean.

I just refuse to pay double for Disney for the same ship I’m going on next week just because it’s in Alaska.

I'd skip the Grand Suite - Carnival doesn't have great suite benefits (very few benefits in fact).

I'd go for a Premium Balcony cabin instead on one of the spirit class ships that does Alaska for carnival. Or an extended balcony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!