CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have been posting at same time. Scary it was the dining room. I hope no one was in it. That's scary, because cms were probably in there.

Little bit more info on the collision from John Heald: six guests were treated and released for minor injuries onboard, the hit did not impact the seaworthiness of the ship, the ship will be staying later tonight in Cozumel for some repair work, and all staterooms received a $100 onboard credit. No one on the other ship was injured.

I do have a sneaky suspicion that one of those injured guests will try to sue (not trying to be controversial, but would anyone really be surprised by this?), but I think CCL’s response was good and fair. Obviously any collision is serious and unfortunate, but accidents happen. I’ve very glad no one was seriously hurt and I’m still super excited for our sailing in January!

Little bit more info on the collision from John Heald: six guests were treated and released for minor injuries onboard, the hit did not impact the seaworthiness of the ship, the ship will be staying later tonight in Cozumel for some repair work, and all staterooms received a $100 onboard credit. No one on the other ship was injured.

I do have a sneaky suspicion that one of those injured guests will try to sue (not trying to be controversial, but would anyone really be surprised by this?), but I think CCL’s response was good and fair. Obviously any collision is serious and unfortunate, but accidents happen. I’ve very glad no one was seriously hurt and I’m still super excited for our sailing in January!

Thanks for the information. I agree, fair response. I hate to say it but if we were on this ship, my kids would be super excited. They are always watching the ships coming and going in ports and looking for things like this. They live for the pier runners too. They love going to Cozumel and Nassau because those destinations seem to have a lot of action on the piers. I guess when you grow up in the suburbs seeing “real” life is exciting. Lol.

Got our excursions booked for our sailing!

Grand Cayman: Sensational Stingray Swim
Belize: Lamanai Mayan Ruins & River Boat Safari with Lunch
Cozumel: Mr. Sanchos!
Mahogany Bay: Daniel Johnson Monkey & Sloth Hangout w/Snorkeling

Now just to buy our beverage package in a few weeks and I think we're all set!

Ours was canceled. We're back on DCL for our Baltic cruise 2020. I'm not sure when we'll try Carnival. We still haven't got our refund.

Sorry to hear this
I found out about it on another thread on the disboards. I guess the emails from Carnival didn't go out to some people. My flights were booked on miles so I was able to rebook everything. It's just going to be me and my youngest son on DCL. The dates didn't work out for my DH or older son that's taking college classes this Summer. We'll take advantage of the discount and OBC and rebook on Carnival. I just haven't decided what yet. Most likely Panorama or Mardi Gras I have to Feb 18 to pick a new cruise.

I found out about it on another thread on the disboards. I guess the emails from Carnival didn't go out to some people. My flights were booked on miles so I was able to rebook everything. It's just going to be me and my youngest son on DCL. The dates didn't work out for my DH or older son that's taking college classes this Summer. We'll take advantage of the discount and OBC and rebook on Carnival. I just haven't decided what yet. Most likely Panorama or Mardi Gras I have to Feb 18 to pick a new cruise.

Ugh I'm sorry your cruise was cancelled, that sucks! And I was so looking forward to some reviews of the Mardi Gras! I hope you have a great time on DCL and are able to cruise Carnival soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter