• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carry on bag lists?

disneydreamerinny

Elliot’s MiMi
It seems like I saw one somewhere, but now that the search isnt working again, I dont have access to it.

Does anyone have a link to a carry on list that I can print?
Or any suggestions from memory?

I am not a frequent traveler and need help with some good ideas...

:p

I don't have a list for you but can give you some adviceon what not to pack due to security at the airports now. DO NOT pack anything that is remotely considered sharp, no razors,scissors, nail clippers...etc. If you do they will take it from you.

Hi disneydreamerinny,
I too am planning for trip in May and I bought the book PassPorter by Dave and Jennifer Watson to help me plan, they have a great section in the front of the book with list and space to add your own. This is the best book I have purchased by far. I found it on Amazon.com but they have their own site to purchase it, at www.passporter.com.
Good luck in your planning.:D
Brenda

Certain items cannot be packed in carry-ons, including:
Knives of any length.
Cutting instruments of every kind (metallic or non-metallic), including carpet knives, box cutters and other folding or retractable blades, regardless of length.
Items such as ice picks, straight razors, elongated scissors and knitting needles. (Safety/disposable razors, such as Bic and Gillette, are allowed.)

this is off AA website, but these are obvious ones

Well the way it is now, if you don't need a carry-on I would just check everything. But if you are afraid of you luggage getting lost, I would only pack a change of clothes for everyone. I would pack cameras and film in the carry on.

Anything metal I would leave out. The last time I flew they made me take my wallet out of my pocket and run it through the x-ray machine. They also ran my keys and change through the x-ray machine.

I would also wear some shoes that are quick to get on and off, if you happen to be one of the lucky ones that gets selected to get searched at the gate. Also have your ID where you can get to it easily. They checked everyones ID when you handed your ticket to the agent at the gate.

Just a few things that I picked up on the last time I few, which was about two weeks ago.

Just pack whatever you need to get through the flight without losing your sanity on the flight and use common sense regarding anything that security might not like. Thats my philisophy. :D

I am leaving in three days and the only carry on I am taking is wipes, a couple of diapers, some stickers books, crayons and 2 etch-e-sketch's for the kids...I didn't want to take anything at all, but with 2 toddlers that is just next to impossible! LOL...Oh, and I am taking my Passporter book...:)

We always carry on any medicines, extra glasses and our camera; basically anything that would be hard or impossible to replace. I agree with the previous poster; if there is space, maybe a change of clothes, just in case your luggage goes off to never-never land for a few days. Have a wonderful time!

Thankyou for all your responses, you have all been very helpful.
I have printed this off and have already started a check list.

I love these boards!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter