Cars 2

Torquemada

Earning My Ears
I watched Cars 2 the other week, I know it's been out a while, but I have a lot of films to get through.

I thought it was quite enjoyable, though maybe not quite as good as the other Pixar films.

I read it got very bad reviews though, and I really didn't think there was anything major wrong with it.

What do other people think?

I liked it much better than Cars 1. My boys thought it was amazing (they were 5 and 6 1/2 when we saw it in the cinema last year). Didn't both Cars movies get bad reviews? Whenever someone mentions that, I tell them to ask my DS's and they'll get why the merchandise and whatnot sells well! Actually, DS 2 wants to go to the Italian Riviera solely because Lightening McQueen goes there in Cars 2 (what a reason to travel, huh?!).

I liked Cars better than Cars 2, but I still found the sequel enjoyable to watch. It felt like it was trying to spoof the spy genre movies, and as long as you went with that understanding it was a fun movie. The first Cars movie seemed like it had a deeper message (i.e., some more serious moments and themes) whereas Cars 2 was just for fun (there is nothing wrong with that). I also think if you are a big Mater fan then Cars 2 is a good movie to watch.

They both felt similar, I don't think one is better than the other. My problem with the movies is that I don't care for the actor who voices Mater and that makes me dislike that character. However, I love Tony Shalhoub so I enjoyed Luigi. And I LOVE Jason Isaacs so Siddeley and Leland Turbo are my favorites because of him. :lovestruc

I actually like "Cars" - it's not Pixar's best, but it's solid and entertaining and I think it's better than it gets credit for. I'm not a fan of "Cars 2," although I should probably give it another chance some time. I thought Mater worked fine in "Cars" as a supporting character, he was the Hick from the Sticks but not a complete idiot. (And I've generally enjoyed the "Mater's Tall Tales" shorts.) But I thought he was just too dumb in C2, and I didn't care for the "aw let's all feel sorry for him" pathos that came with making him the central character. Since my sister got me hooked on Formula One racing, my favorite things about C2 were "David Hobbscap" and Lewis Hamilton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter