"Cars" DVD to be released on Nov. 7

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
From DVD Review:

Pixar's latest entry Cars will be joining the Pixar library on your DVD shelf in November with a two disc set that from Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

Unlike many of Pixar's past releases, Cars is surpsisingly slim on the things we've come to expect. The film will be available seperately in widescreen and fullscreen releases. The fullscreen version will likely be a recomposited version of the film as with previous Pixar titles. Two animated shorts will be available; One Man Band from the theatres, and a new short Mater and the Ghost. The disc will also include four deleted scenes a preview for next years Ratatouille and a featurette.

Dissapointingly, while the high definition camps are seemingly putting all of their faith in the video quality of high definition alone to convince consumers to make the change, no Blu-Ray version has been announced for this film which could be the first visual killer-app for high def. Hopefully a high-def release and a more complete special edition are both coming down the road. In the mean time, Cars arrives on November 7th with a suggested retail price of $29.99.

Thank you for the info. DS wanted to see Cars at the movies popcorn:: until Pirates came along - then I couldn't get him to go to see Cars with me - he wanted to see Pirates twice!

I loved Cars. I can't wait to go to MGM and take a picture with Mater. Mind you i'm 23 but i'm still a kid at heart. :p

I've stopped buying any movie that is not in high-definition. Either Disney starts getting into the HD DVD game, or no sale for me.

Anyone else disappointed that Disney is not including any lithographs with the pre-order? I was hoping to hang them up in my son's room. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter