Cars in Fort Wilderness??

bkmorris

Earning My Ears
:crazy:
Am trying to plan the perfect place to stay (my husband is very leary of "camping") and thought FW would be perfect for my boys, 10 & 8, and daughter,4. We visited for the Hoop in 1999 and loved it. Petting zoo, trail rides, campfires, movies, Hoop, bike rides!!! My only concern is that our car will be in the parking lot, and we will have to catch a bus to the car. We drive to all the parks because I am very impatient waiting on buses. Can you drive your car to and from the cabins? Will the cabins be big enough for all 5 of us? Are there dishes and linens already there? Tell me everything!!!

You can park one car at your Wilderness homes. Five can comfortably stay in the cabins. The kitchen is fully stocked you just need to bring the food.
You will love FW it is truly a relaxing resort.

I replied to your resort post also so I'll go over other stuff here. There is daily maid service to make the beds, restock towels and run the dishwasher. Paper towels are supplied and dishwasher soap but not any dish detergent for washing dishes in the sink. There are six cups, bowls, plates, knives, forks, spoons so basically after every meal you need to run the dishwasher or hand wash the dishes to have them for the next meal. The refrigerator is full sized. The cabin also has a microwave, regular stove/oven, tv with vcr player and phone. You would need to supply your own salt and pepper along with other condiments and food. This is not like any "camping" that I know of as I consider camping what you do in a tent or popup or in a cabin without a bathroom. Sheets, towels, and pillows are all supplied, though if you go to the pool you will need to bring a towel from the cabin as they do not supply towels at the pool. You may want to rent a golf cart for a day if you plan on spending one full day at Ft. Wilderness itself as you are not supposed to drive cars around the campground, just in and out of it. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Cindy

Hi. For your info -- Deb's Disney site (WDWIG) has a great photo section on Fort WIlderness. Go to the site, and click on "resorts" then select Ft. Wilderness. Somewhere in there is a photo gallery that includes lots of photos of the new cabins. You can show these to any reluctant "campers" in your group to prove you really are staying in a lovely place.

We were in a cabin in March and used our minivan a lot. Mom has asthma and can't walk far. The only areas with little or no parking are the Trading Posts and down by the boat dock. You can walk or catch buses to these areas.

Fort Wilderness was a huge hit with my kids. The pace is slow there, which kids love. My daughter played on the deck and in the sand a lot while we would all get ready. It smells great at this place -- very natural and wonderful. They loved the petting zoo and pony rides and going to the Trading Post at night for ice cream. We have DVC now and will mostly stay at Beach Club, but I will always visit Ft. Wilderness. It's really special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter