Cases rising or dropping by you?

And so we add another 15,300 cases to Florida today (more than a quarter million total cases), and another 500 people died this week. 😢

They're saying that the results are coming so, so I don't know when that 15,300 is actually from - maybe a week ago? I'm wondering how much worse it's going to be.

Orange County is up to 18,000 cases.

Stay well!!

And so we add another 15,300 cases to Florida today (more than a quarter million total cases), and another 500 people died this week. 😢

They're saying that the results are coming so, so I don't know when that 15,300 is actually from - maybe a week ago? I'm wondering how much worse it's going to be.

Orange County is up to 18,000 cases.

Stay well!!
I couldn’t believe this when I saw how many today. So sorry. Stay safe and healthy!

Remember we're probably seeing the results of what happened around July 4th...and I believe there were things shut down in south florida...and more mask mandates locally? So we may hopefully see numbers go down in a week

Still raising here. We had an all time high in number of cases this weekend. We have our first outbreak in a convalescent home. I fully expect to see high numbers for at least another week with the fall out from Independence Day gatherings.

The county bordering mine is having to re-close dine-in restaurants, bars and in-door entertainment.

Still raising here. We had an all time high in number of cases this weekend. We have our first outbreak in a convalescent home. I fully expect to see high numbers for at least another week with the fall out from Independence Day gatherings.

The county bordering mine is having to re-close dine-in restaurants, bars and in-door entertainment.
I think that’s my county.:sad2: I’m glad they’re rolling back, but sad for the reason.

And yes, when it hits LTC, it moves like wild fire. Our case numbers have been rising exponentially since it hit on here and the death rate has steadily climbed from that same location after staying flat for so long.

Last edited:
It's too soon for that. They said on the news tonight that those numbers should hit around the end of this week.

Correct.

Testing has been backlogged in parts of FL because of overwhelming testing demand from outbreaks. Results are taking up to 1-2 weeks from sample collection in some cases.
On a given day, the number of tests conducted does not necessarily associate to the cases tally updated from that same day.

Also, FL has some quirky data reporting procedures on the official FL dashboard:
  • The number of antigen diagnostic tests, which produce a relatively significant level of false negatives, are included in the denominator (added to the standard PCR test numbers), but positive antigen test results are deemed not confirmatory by the state, and so are not included in the numerator
  • Hospitalizations of non-FL residents are not counted in the total state hospitalization number
  • Deaths of non-FL residents are not included in the cumulative death total
  • ED (ER) visits by non-FL residents with flu-like or COVID-like symptoms are not included in the total ED visit number

Statewide (PA), cases have been increasing partly because the Pittsburgh area has spiked. Locally, my county has been decreasing with the last 3 days having new cases of 3, 4 and 5 cases (county population of around 210,000)

Last edited:
Correct.

Testing has been backlogged in parts of FL because of overwhelming testing demand from outbreaks. Results are taking up to 1-2 weeks from sample collection in some cases.
On a given day, the number of tests conducted does not necessarily associate to the cases tally updated from that same day.

Also, FL has some quirky data reporting procedures on the official FL dashboard:
  • The number of antigen diagnostic tests, which produce a relatively significant level of false negatives, are included in the denominator (added to the standard PCR test numbers), but positive antigen test results are deemed not confirmatory by the state, and so are not included in the numerator
  • Hospitalizations of non-FL residents are not counted in the total state hospitalization number
  • Deaths of non-FL residents are not included in the cumulative death total
  • ED (ER) visits by non-FL residents with flu-like or COVID-like symptoms are not included in the total ED visit number
Yep, it's been reported FL is fudging the numbers to try and make them look better. 🤬

In my area of IL (suburban Cook county) we have had 0 hospitalizations for several days. Deaths were 6 today and 6 yesterday in IL (probably slightly higher in reality since our counter seems to be off these 2 days always). Infection rate down to under 3%.

CDC is saying that if the death rate continues to drop like it has been that we (the entire country) will be taken off epidemic status soon.

Hopefully treatments continue to work and improve.

Great news! DH is from Cook County, and all his relatives are still there.

Here in our County in Texas, we had approximately 350+ cases Saturday, the highest ever, more than twice the day before. All the Fourth of July parties and outings at South Padre Island are catching up to us. The County Judge held a press conference today and was alternating between being on the verge of tears and on the verge of anger because no one's following the mask rules.

Glad to say that Illinois is doing fairly well, especially downstate. (However, if the "it's a hoax" folks win out, we'll join the Florida ranks soon enough.)

The thing about this one is that they are sending out a lot of different numbers some of them are general information and others are things that deserve to be followed and analyzed. The total number of positive results are the numbers that are carrying the virus in their system, It might mean that they are able to spread it or it might indicate that a number of those have already had it and survived it and a lot that have it and will never have anything develop from it. I have always tested positive for TB but I have never had it and basically had it passed to me from my nurse wife who also tested positive but never really had it.

The two numbers that need to be followed and looked at closely are the number of people hospitalized and the number of actual deaths from it. Lately, the hospitalization numbers have increase (along with the number of positives) and at the same time the rate of deaths have slowed down. There might be a reason why that is happening, for example, those most likely to not be able to fight it off, have already died. However, from all reports just getting it, with no death involved, can be a pretty awful experience with many possible life long problems. Not a good thing to play with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter