Cases rising or dropping by you?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Today was good news in Massachusetts. It looks like Governor Baker has been making the right decisions and a slow opening will, hopefully, help even more.
How is the news in your neck of the woods?2AE8EDB4-404B-49C0-8CE1-1C84D6D665C0.png2AE8EDB4-404B-49C0-8CE1-1C84D6D665C0.png

Other than knowing the number of cases is rising, as does the number of deaths (which will never decrease), I don't know what rate they're rising at.

Dropping. New cases in my area has been around 160 per 100,000 people over the previous two weeks. We have to be at 50 or under before the governor starts to loses the stay at home order.

But it's still down from where it was.

We had a few days of no new cases or deaths in our tow, but had a couple more deaths and 9 new cases, now up to 480 in our town of 28,000.

We peaked on April 3, but we're still Florida's epicenter.

We've had a steady drop-off, but we get occasional spikes on a particular day about once a week. We're doing a ton of testing, and I think those spikes are just test result backlogs getting cleaned up.

Unfortunately, the Florida Dept of Health is only showing the last month of data in their charts -- which makes the charts pretty meaningless. Our new cases are a fraction of what they were, but the high points are no longer shown on the graphs. The graphs basically show nothing useful.

Miami-Dade County just started today a kinda-sorta, limited, modified little bit of reopening. Lots of restrictions, but businesses are opening and the social distancing and mask wearing compliance seems pretty good. So far, in our county (2.7 million population), we have a little less than 16,000 cases, 2392 hospitalizations, and 566 deaths. Way too many of everything, but a fraction of what many areas up north have had.

Our town makes it a bit of a puzzle. Seventy cases for a town of 130K. But 252 cases in our county. About 125 of those are from the state and federal prisons. 14 deaths in our county, 2 from the state prison, no others for a few weeks. The local hospital hasn’t had a Covid19 patient in three weeks. I’m guessing we have no active cases left in our town.

When Disney opens we expect a bit of an uptick from grandchildren visiting.

We've been steady at mid 300s. Expecting to see a big jump from all those who decided to flock to Niagara Falls and ignoring social distancing. 😡

The AJC newspaper does not believe the Georgia Department of Public Health is presenting the numbers in the most pessimistic way so they recalculate the numbers and provide their own chart. Despite being open for over 3 weeks, the trend is downward.
Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 3.17.12 PM.png

Same data as presented by the Georgia DOH.
Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 7.21.22 PM.png

The Rt number has been hovering around 1 since April 11th, again despite being open.
Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 3.21.52 PM.png

I think our trend is still going down, but the daily counts are all over the place as they increase testing overall and have started systematic testing in prisons and jails. On the days those results hit, we get spikes of hundreds of cases above the surrounding days, and people rush to point to them as a reason not to reopen (because no one reads the article any more, just the headline!).

My town still has a negligible case count, I think around a dozen (in a population of around 4500), and my county is now seeing several zero-positive days a week.

I keep track of several counties in Michigan (mostly where family live) and a couple of counties in Indiana. One county has stayed the same; all the rest have gone up. But since I've been keeping track (end of March) counties are going up but not by as many as they were.

The number of new cases per day is Washington has been steady but the amount of testing is increasing so it is hard to make determinations due to the apples and oranges comparison. The number of deaths is going down. There was 1 statewide on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Moving in the right direction.

At the moment it’s hard to tell in Wisconsin since testing is increasing and daily case numbers are all over the place (ranging from mid-100s today compared to over 500 on Saturday). But the percentage of positive cases out of the daily tests is more of a downward trend.

I was very optimistic last week at this time about where we were and that we could keep things in control with a smart reopening, but after the Supreme Court ruling and immediate packing of bars/free-for-all in regards to businesses opening, I’m back to being more anxious than ever. I fear our cases will be way up in a few weeks, especially with residents from Illinois crossing the border and being added into the mix as well. It’s a mess.:guilty:

The county seat where I live is a current hotspot. I expect cases to continue to rise. But we are more rural, so it doesn’t really move the needle in my state, which is flattening overall.

Erie County NY

I live in a semi rural town on the eastern edge of the county and we have I think 49 confirmed positives but I do not know how many of those actually were hospitalized, and I know also it started at the prison here (where they shipped Weinstein). It spread from there to other prisoners who count in our town population, plus guards and other workers there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts