• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cash Night's ?

loribell

DIS Veteran
We will be taking my DD for her birthday (Dec 23rd) next and will stay through at least the 27th. My question is can you reserve a room for the weekend (22nd & 23rd) on a cash basis (I'm pretty sure there won't be a discount!) at the 11 month window or will I have to reserve it with points?

Lori

When you call, member services makes a determination if they expect the room to be needed for points reservations, I assume they use historical data. If they don't expect it to be reserved for points, they will offer the discount. I doubt it would be available at 11 months, but they may release it closer to the date if there are empty rooms.

You wont know unless you call. It would seem that would be a very busy capacity time.

When I made my points reservations at 11 months for this year in December at VWL I also got cash reservations at the same time with the 25% discount. The year before I called back a month later and got the cash discount.

I have never had a problem booking a weekend on cash rather than points and quite frequently I book eleven months out. I always ask for the members discount and if it is not available at the time of booking, I go ahead and book at full rate and then just keep checking periodically to see if it becomes available. I have always had good luck with getting the discount.

Thanks for the info everyone. I just wasn't sure if I could even book on a cash basis at the 11 month window. Can't wait for January to get here now so I can book that trip. Christmas at Disney is going to be great!

Thanks again,
Lori

Tigger7570 said:
I have never had a problem booking a weekend on cash rather than points and quite frequently I book eleven months out. I always ask for the members discount and if it is not available at the time of booking, I go ahead and book at full rate and then just keep checking periodically to see if it becomes available. I have always had good luck with getting the discount.

Hmmmm curious...what is the members cash discount? Didn't even know about that.

Eeyores#1Fan said:
Hmmmm curious...what is the members cash discount? Didn't even know about that.
It's 25% off the rack rate. It is not always available, but weekend nights (Friday & Saturday) seem to be available more often than the weeknights.

Best wishes-

CarolMN said:
It's 25% off the rack rate. It is not always available, but weekend nights (Friday & Saturday) seem to be available more often than the weeknights.

Best wishes-

Thanks! I didn't know that. Is that for any Disney Hotel or just the DVC resorts?

Eeyores#1Fan said:
Thanks! I didn't know that. Is that for any Disney Hotel or just the DVC resorts?
Just the DVC resorts.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter