Cash ressies and DVC discount, who do I call?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
If I wanted to make a cash ressie w/ DVC discount, who do I call to check availibility??? I just tried CRO and they told me that there was no DVC discount.:confused:

You would call DVC Member Services. The discount only applies to the DVC resorts and is subject to availability.

I tried MS. There is no discount for the time I wanted. I had thought that the member discount was always there, with limited availability. But I was told that the DVC discount is only available sometimes. Thanks anyway.
Denise

I had thought that the member discount was always there, with limited availability.

In this case, the limited availability means that there are Member cash discounts only when the villas aren't or won't be reserved with points.

There was a post this week about someone getting the discount after finding a discounted rate thru CRO. MS matched the CRO rate.

MS usually won't make cash reservations 11 months ahead- as they are really saved for point reservations. At some point (usually inside of 6 months) they will make them available when the are reasonably certain that point ressies won't fill the unreserved rooms.

Good Luck!

Since we're on the subject, let me add another question to the mix...

Can DVC members make cash ressie's for guests if they are adding a night on to a points week? I'm a guest and need one more night! Would my "sponsor" member be able to make cheaper ressie's for me or can you only make cash ressies if you are going to be in the room?

The member discount is only available to members. Guests are not eligible for this. The member's name will be the one on the reservation and will have to be the one who checks into the room.

You might be able to get an additional night thru CRO- but then could have difficulty linking that reservation to the other one.

Good Luck!

The member has to be the one actually staying in the villa that is booked with the cash reservation discount. I once was staying at Vero at the Inn for several nights on points and treated some Florida friends to a night's stay as well but did not use points for their night. Because I was not physically in that room, I could not get the member discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter