Cass, Rob & Kira - 10 nights at Universal Orlando August 2019 - "It's a sniffler!!"

We asked to be seated closer to the window this time. :thumbsup2

The table looks like the one we sat at...the time you were supposed to go but ended up resting in the room instead.

I am going to have to try the butterbeer soft serve. Stephanie told me it was awesome but I went with my usual favorite last time and then I think I debated on getting it later and they were out at that time.
The hard stuff in Hollywood was gross!

I enjoy your TRs so much that it`s always kinda sad when it nears the end... guess you just need to go back on vaca soon ;)

That is awesome about Rob's t-shirt getting you another ride!!

So sad your trip report is ending though.

September 1st, Part 1

We woke up before that obnoxious speaker could wake us up. :rolleyes1

My kiddo did not want to get up. :p

I think she showered the night before so Rob and I got showered and ready, we packed up our last minute stuff and then triple checked the room to make sure we didn't leave anything.

604.jpg

We were all thrilled to go home actually. Normally this last photo is a sad one but not today. We were going home to our nice comfy beds, our dog Boo and NO ONE was going to wake us up the next day. :rolleyes:

605.jpg

Good-bye black mold, see ya...never again!! :crazy2:

606.jpg

The Beeline now has express lanes, cool! :cool1:

607.jpg

Ummm...why can't we be on that bus!!!! 🤪

609.jpg

After we returned our car to Alamo, we headed into the main terminal to find this line. :scared:

Good Lord, that is Air Canada :sad2:

Yet another reason to loathe this airline. 🤬

There were three lines, one was for Priority passengers and the other two? A free-for-all I guess because there were no signs anywhere! We found the self check-in kiosks behind that mess and printed our boarding passes and our luggage tags and then put them onto our suitcase and got in a line. It was loooong. Rob went and checked the other line, no signs but it was shorter so we hopped in that one.

It was WAY shorter, only about 15 minutes before we could drop off our checked bags. The other line, by now, was wrapped all the way around that corner on the left! :eek:

608.jpg

Do I know how to pack, or what? :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

610.jpg

611.jpg

612.jpg

Once that was done, we were in need of some sustenance but I was sooooo done with crowds and noise so I wanted something nice and quiet. We headed to the Hyatt and decided to try Hemisphere, their sit-down restaurant. ;)

613.jpg

A quick photo-op...

614.jpg

We took the escalator up to the hotel area and stopped at concierge where they gave us a key card in order to access the elevator to go up to the 9th floor where the restaurant is located.

615.jpg

616.jpg

617.jpg

It was so nice and quiet, great views out the big windows. :cloud9:

618.jpg

My toast came on a hot plate with the butter on the side that was all nice and melty by the time it got to me. Hello..... everyone needs to do this!!! ::yes::

619.jpg

Kira's...

620.jpg

Rob's...

621.jpg

Mine...:love:

622.jpg

It was delicious!!!! A billion times better than going to the crappy food court and not much more expensive either! We had a great server too. We will be doing this again!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We took a few photos before heading back down to the main terminal level...

623.jpg

624.jpg

The table looks like the one we sat at...the time you were supposed to go but ended up resting in the room instead.

I am going to have to try the butterbeer soft serve. Stephanie told me it was awesome but I went with my usual favorite last time and then I think I debated on getting it later and they were out at that time.
The hard stuff in Hollywood was gross!

I'm sad I didn't get to go with you guys that time. :sad1:

The butter beer soft serve is the BEST!! :lovestruc

And I don't even like ice cream that much and I crave it!!! ::yes::

That hard stuff is disgusting!! :crazy2:

I enjoy your TRs so much that it`s always kinda sad when it nears the end... guess you just need to go back on vaca soon ;)

Aww, you're too dang sweet! :hug:

Actually, I am heading off on a non-Disney cruise next week but I won't be doing a trip report but I will post some photos on my FB page. ;)

You had way more patience than I would have, with the noisy/uncleaned room!

Well, my trip advisor review wasn't very friendly. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes1

That is awesome about Rob's t-shirt getting you another ride!!

So sad your trip report is ending though.

Yeah, that was the best t-shirt compliment evah!! :worship:

I'm sad too. Not about leaving Cabana Bay but yeah, sad it was coming to an end. No more butter beer ice cream, no more Bread Box, no more Keke's. :sad1::sad1::sad1:

Hmmm, it's all about the food for me, eh? :scratchin:rotfl2:

Last edited:
We took the escalator up to the hotel area and stopped at concierge where they gave us a key card in order to access the elevator to go up to the 9th floor where the restaurant is located.

I've been to MCO countless times and I've NEVER - not once - ever considered going up the hotel and restaurant!!! What an awesome idea! I'm totally going to channel you when I am back in March. My family will LOVE this!

awwwwwww.. I'm just speechless with this one.

Boohooo! Time to go home and that means this is almost over
Are you going to write about your next trip? I forget the exact date but I know it's really soon!

As a mother of a moody "tween" I love the idea of allowing them to earn money based on good attitude. Thanks for a great trip report. I enjoyed seeing all the pictures and living vicariously through you!

September 1st, Part 2

Final entry!

Wow, that kind of went by fast!!

We stopped at some stores to have one last look...

625.jpg

626.jpg

This one just opened recently, it's very nice!

627.jpg

628.jpg

629.jpg

630.jpg

631.jpg

632.jpg

Rob apparently didn't get enough NASA on this trip so we had to go check out the other store. :rolleyes1

633.jpg

I always have to say hello to The Traveler when I'm in MCO. :wave2:

634.jpg

We breezed through security with TSA Pre-check.

635.jpg

And then found our gate where we sat until they boarded our plane.

636.jpg

637.jpg

Kira took our usual family selfie. :thumbsup2

638.jpg

As we took off, it started to rain. :cloud9:

639.jpg

Going home, we flew to Ottawa first. This was our first time going through customs in Ottawa and I was a little nervous because we only had an hour and we had to get our bags, clear customs, drop bags again and then go through security again! :oops:

I really did not like it! It's the way every Canadian airport used to be when connecting via the USA but with the new technology and scanners, we've pretty much eliminated the need to get your bags in order to go through customs, except for Ottawa apparently. And because of the way they have it set up, going through security again is a must. :sad2:

640.jpg

Thankfully we were in the front of the plane and we walked super fast!

I just love how the French version means something completely different. Welcome to Canada. :rolleyes2

641.jpg

We had to wait for our luggage, ugh!

642.jpg

We went through customs and because I declared food, we were sent through the secondary inspection. Oh my dog!!! :rolleyes2

The customs agent though was super nice and very quick to check our bags, thankfully!

Then we went over to the Air Canada connection desk to drop off our bags and the one agent there was just finishing up with a family and she just wouldn't shut up!! She went on and on and on. >:(

The family's next flight wasn't for 4 hours but there was now a huge line behind us of people whose flights were in 25 minutes!!!

She finally stopped chatting and helped us. The luggage belt was broken though so she told us just to leave our cart with our three suitcases on it and she would put them on the belt when it started up again.

😒

Ummm.

Well, we didn't really have a choice since we still needed to go through security again, grab some water and we all really needed to use the facilities and we only had 20 minutes left! 😏

As we were leaving, I looked at Rob and said "Guess we won't be getting our bags tonight!" :rolleyes2

We ran upstairs and thankfully they had a Nexus line for security! If they didn't, we wouldn't have made our flight. There were about 10 people ahead of us in the Nexus line and about 40 in the regular line.

We ran to the store, grabbed some water and then went up to our gate to see if they were still boarding. They were doing the last call for boarding so I said we have just enough time to pee but Kira was too worried that we would miss our flight and told me I shouldn't go. I told her that if I didn't pee now, I would pee my pants. She followed me into the bathroom and also peed :rotfl2:

We made it with a few minutes to spare!! :eek:

I do NOT like being that close to missing our flight! :worried:

That was way too stressful and I will never again connect in Ottawa from USA unless we have more than 2 hours connecting time!.

Selfie time 📷

643.jpg

Homeward bound 🥰

644.jpg

We landed and headed straight for the luggage belt, where some of Rob's family had surprised us with a visit. One of our bags came down right away....we waited and waited....second bag comes down, yay!!

We waited and waited and waited....no third bag. 😠

When it was clear that there weren't any more bags coming, I went to the baggage desk and found out that our third bag decided to take a journey to Toronto without us. 🙄

Well, we had two more bags than I thought we would have at that point so I guess it was a win? 🙄🤐

Welcome to Air Canada 😶

They said it would be arriving just after 1am and it could be delivered at around 3am or sometime the next day. Although we were thoroughly exhausted, we chose the 3am option.

645.jpg

646.jpg

It actually came closer to 2am. :rolleyes:

We said goodbye to Rob's family, hopped on the shuttle to Park2Go and got our vehicle and drove home. We stopped at McDonald's on the way home, like we often do because we were starving. ::yes::

In the meantime, I unpacked the rest of our bags, sorted clothes for laundry for the next day while Rob went and got our doggie, Boo from my brother's house.

She was more than a little happy to see me when she got home and the feeling was mutual :love::love::love:

647.jpg

Well, that ends another trip report.

smiley.php

Thanks to everyone who followed us along on this fun journey. :hug:

And a very special thank you to those of you who liked and commented, it really keeps me motivated to write these things. So THANK YOU!!! :grouphug:

We are, once again, crossing our fingers that we will be lucky enough to spend another Christmas on the Disney Wonder, so if that happens, be sure to look for the trippie in January. :goodvibes

I will be working on my trip video in the next week or so and I will post a link to that here when it's all done. :thumbsup2

See you next time! :wave2:

Last edited:
Wonderful!!!!!

You'll have to tell me all about your trips then since you aren't writing reports! And I will be stalking you for sure!

I love that the French/English airport wording is different! Both true really but I often find that litteral translations sometimes miss the mark. Being from NB (you know that one bilingual province in Canada!!) I can totally appreciate it.

I can't say it enough... I love your trip reports and this one was just as wonderful as the others! ::yes:: I learn so much through you :) and lucky me I've already found your TA page in the past so I'll get to see those other pics :banana: btw, if all it takes is being me one of the contributors of comments to motivate you on TRs, you can betcha I'll keep commenting!! :laughing:

Oh and I want that Stitch luggage tag now! ;)

Glad you write these reports. I do enjoying seeing your family travel. Keep them coming. I hope you do get to go on the Wonder at Christmas as I know it is good for you. I do follow you on your TA facebook account (so yes I am stalking you - ha ha ) so I will check out your future trips.

Wonderful trip report! Sounds like your hotel had some downsides but all in all a great trip!

Air Canada is the worst. I recently took Air Canada Rouge Toronto to Athens. The check in experience in Toronto with Air Canada was hands down the worst flight experience of my life.

Finally caught up!
I love that you got some time on your own in the parks, how cool!

Also that you got some Disney time in while visiting Disney Springs :love:

We flew Air Canada this past week and we actually had really fantastic service (shocking, I know!). Your connection in Ottawa sounds very stressful to say the least! Eek!

It's always nice to come home after a long trip, even if it's been a fantastic trip. :hug:

Oh another Christmas on the Wonder would be fantastic, I hope you are able to do it! We won't be back on the Wonder until October 2020 so I'll live vicariously through you ;-)

Bye, until next time! Loved your report.

I always tell dh of your adventures, referring to you guys as my Canadian friends! My Canadian friends did this, my Canadian friends ate that, my Canadian friends had so many Dole Whips, etc. Ha ha!
:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!