Cass, Rob & Kira - Christmas on the Wonder, The Sequel ~ 2017

Ok...I am puzzled...why didn't they have a pirate menu that night? I'm with Rob though and love the menu you did have. LOL.

Day 8 Part 1

Sea day today! You know what that means...mixed up memories :lmao:

Less photos means less accuracy in my recall of the events of that day, so just bear with me :laughing:

Woke up to this gorgeous view...

545.jpg

And here is our location...

546.jpg

Rob and I got showered and dressed and then headed to Cabanas for breakfast. Kira was feeling lazy and just stayed in her bed watching cartoons. Oh Lord, she is becoming a teen already :rolleyes:

550.jpg

547.jpg

I finally got smart and grabbed an eggs benny. I didn't eat the muffin part but I ate the ham (yay ham!) and the poached egg has nice soft gooey yolks (yay soft yolks!) :p

548.jpg

This was our glorious view :cloud9:

549.jpg

I texted Kira to see if she was joining us. She said she was staying in bed. I told her that breakfast was almost over and this would be her last chance to get her pancakes. She said she was staying in bed. :rolleyes:

So, what does a Momma do?

This!

551.jpg

Rob said I was spoiling her but sometimes a Momma has to spoil her kid :p

She was very thankful :teeth:

552.jpg

We checked out our pics in Shutters. Remember how I said I wasn't impressed by the photo compositions?

Here's an example...

553.jpg

I really liked this pic and would have bought it had they tilted the camera up a little and got more of the tree and much less of the carpet :scared:

We eventually camped out in our room for a while and all snuggled on the bed watching Disney movies.

555.jpg

At some point, this awesome little gift was delivered to our room...

556.jpg

I don't know what we did to deserve it but Kira sure loved the Mickey. We didn't eat the rice krispie treats but we did bring them home to eat at a later date. Kira loves them but she can't have them due to her braces.

This was the only day where we ran into Cipto. Because Kira stayed in the room during breakfast, he didn't get a chance to clean our room that morning. We told him we would disappear for awhile so we went to the BVT and watched Last Jedi. We had to stand up in the back because the theatre was packed but we stayed about 30 minutes or so before heading back to our beautiful, clean stateroom. :thumbsup2

It was time to eat again. Don't you just love cruises? :lmao:

Kira got her hot dog I'm sure but I don't have a picture of it.

I also went to Pete's and got some chicken tenders. This is what they gave me...

557.jpg

One time they gave me 5 huge ones and then today I get these two little runts :rotfl2:

I think Rob & Kira stayed to the end of Last Jedi so we ended up missing Cabanas lunch so I showed Rob the very back of Daisy's De lite's where they had soups and stuff. The pool area was crowded and we couldn't find a table so we just took it back to the room.

558.jpg

Rob and I played some trivia again...

559.jpg

Rob did some reading on the balcony...geez, I hope he keeps his eyes open while reading the book :P

560.jpg

Then we enjoyed one of my favourite sunsets of the cruise :worship:

561.jpg

562.jpg

563.jpg

564.jpg

565.jpg

566.jpg

Since this is a short chapter, I will share a funny story with you, although you won't get it unless you've seen Guardians of the Galaxy 2. :rolleyes2 We are huge Marvel fans ::yes::

I was reading the Navigator one day and Kira was asking about our plans. I don't recall what day or what I actually told her but she hadn't quite heard me so I said it again, slowly and clearly. And then she repeated back what I had said (or thought I had said) but it was probably the furthest thing from what I had said.

I wish I could remember what it was but I said something like "Buena Vista Theatre" and she said something like "Rock Paper Scissors???"

So I repeated it again and she finally understood and then Rob looks at me and says...

"Harbulary batteries???"

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh my gosh, I LOST it!!!

I was laughing so hard I was snorting!! I think I laughed solid for a good 15 minutes and then chuckled about it for the rest of the evening.

Rob and I have VERY different senses of humour. Usually if I am laughing at something he is just staring at me with a blank stare and then if he's laughing, I am totally not! Kira has my sense of humour (thank God! :laughing:) so it's usually me and Kira laughing our butts off while Rob is shaking his head but every once in awhile, that man says something that makes me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts. :rotfl2:

For those who haven't seen the movie, Drax keeps calling "anulax" batteries "harbulary" batteries but to really get the joke, you really gotta know Drax :laughing:

Trust me, just watch both Guardian Movies, you will thank me ::yes::

Is it weird that I’m already getting a little sad because I know the end is coming?? :upsidedow

I totally hear you on remember sea days. We have so much fun, but I don't take nearly as many pictures anymore on those days and I totally forget what we did and on which day.
I am sure it was a wonderful day...even if you can't remember all of it. LOL

Day 8 Part 2

The night before, we had told Joel, Juan & Ronald that we wouldn't be at dinner this evening. It was the Animator Palate Animation Magic Show and we don't enjoy the menu at all. We were all fine missing it and this gave us a chance to try out Cabanas for dinner.

Ronald told us the next night that we made someone's evening since they were able to dine at our table. I just assumed that it would sit empty but I am glad someone was able to take advantage of the main dining in our absence. :thumbsup2

Kira said that she didn't want to join us and that she was just going to grab a hot dog from Pete's but I wasn't sure if she had planned to join us or just eat by the pool, so we asked for a table of 3.

It took us awhile to check-in as there was this woman who was slightly rude and was trying to get the CM to deliver her meal to the pool. She wanted to order for 8 people but she wanted them to bring it to them at the family pool. She tried so patiently to explain to the lady that this was a sit-down experience and that they do not deliver. She was still arguing when someone else stepped up and kindly sat us.

I should tell you now that just before dinner I started to feel ill. My Lupus was was flaring up and it was taking a toll on me. Sadly, this would be the case for the next day too but thankfully I felt better on the morning we disembarked.

718.jpg

Rob had the soup and the salmon...

568.jpg

571.jpg

All I could manage was a small appy that night...

569.jpg

Kira did come and find us so it's a good thing we got a table that was big enough. :scratchin

570.jpg

And for dessert, I think we all just split a sundae, which Kira was very happy about. I had a bite and it was delicious but I couldn't manage more than that.

572.jpg

The service and the food was awesome, so if you ever just feel like not making it to the dining rooms, I highly suggest you try Cabanas. Just remember, they don't serve dinner every night and the menu changes every night and is not posted until just before dinner.

It was time for Pin Trading with the Officers. Kira was a little intimidated to do this but I encouraged her and we helped her out a bit. She found several pins that she liked and the whole experience was fun.

573.jpg

I think it was only for 15 minutes and there were so many people there, it was rather chaotic but still fun.

We went back to the room to find a towel animal we have never seen before...

574.jpg

How neat!:littleangel:

We got changed into our swimsuits and headed for some much needed pool time.

577.jpg

Rob got an ice cream and sat and read his book while we swam.

578.jpg

I totally lied earlier because I actually got a small scoop of ice cream that night too. :rolleyes:

579.jpg

I went to the adult pool for awhile and then came back to join Kira who was enjoying a hot tub to herself.

580.jpg

She had enough of the pool so time to head back.

Pure happiness here, folks :cloud9:

581.jpg

We ordered room service again :p

582.jpg

It was actually terrible tonight, the food was cold sadly so I asked Rob if he would head down to Crown & Fin and get some Tatchos for us to share.

He went down and ordered and paid for them and they said they would bring them to our room. Cool :cool1:

So we waited and waited and waited. It was supposed to be about 20 minutes but an hour later...nada.

So he went all the way back down again and the guy said "Whoops, I forgot to order them!"

He said he would order them now and would refund the $10. Okay, cool.

About 30 minutes later, the tatchos arrived and they were....not very good. :crazy2:

We had ordered them on the Fantasy in the summer and they were so good that I had had dreams of them :rotfl2:

The ones that we had on the Fantasy were swimming in cheese, which is the best part, of course. These hardly had any cheese on them, the sour cream was super weird and the tots were just barely warm.

:sad1:

583.jpg

584.jpg

Compared to the ones on the Fantasy...see all that cheese at the bottom? :love:

938.jpg

Oh well, c'est la vie I guess.

Kira watched some Disney cartoons and I perused the Navs for tomorrow and then we hit the hay.

575.jpg

576.jpg

Last edited:
Boy you got the greatest towels this trip!!
I was just reading on facebook today where others were commenting how bad the food has been on the Wonder. Something must be going on.

Wow you are getting some really cool towel animals!
I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling to well that night but it seems it wasn't too bad of a flare up?? Ugh, those tatchos do NOT look like they were worth $10 so I'm glad you got your money back on those. The ones on the Fantasy look tasty;will have to look out for those on our next Fantasy cruise, where do you find them onboard there?

I love all the night time swimming you girls do, such a great cruising tradition :love:

Sorry you weren't feeling well, what a shame. :hug:

Some people really have self entitlement issues. Really deliver 8 MEALS to the pool???? Pfffffttt.......:sad2:

Day 9 Part 1

Our last sea day and last full day on the ship :sad:

Woke up to see several drilling platforms, pretty neat!

585.jpg

We got up, got showered and dressed and made our way to Cabanas.

The only table left was in the sun but I was okay with that because it wasn't too hot and this would be my last breakfast sitting out there in my favourite spot.

587.jpg

588.jpg

I grabbed two hashbrowns since it was my last breakfast on the ship. I love those things!

586.jpg

Today is very much a blur since not only was it a sea day but I was feeling yucky so we didn't do too much.

You know things get real when this gets delivered...

589.jpg

I know Rob and I did some Movie Quote trivia, which was really fun because it was hosted by Jo, instead of the other CM.

590.jpg

And this was delivered sometime that day, which I will tell you more about later ;)

604.jpg

Then Kira and I attended the Character Dance Party. She did dance but she made sure I wasn't filming anything :rolleyes2

This was also hosted by Jo. She is well loved here on the DIS and I now see why!

591.jpg

592.jpg

Rob and I decided to have lunch at Triton's today. I didn't want to deal with the chaos of the buffet again and we found out that the buffet was mostly Indian inspired dishes so this was a good day for the sit-down lunch. :thumbsup2

593.jpg

594.jpg

Love this restaurant! :love:

595.jpg

596.jpg

597.jpg

I was hoping they would be serving the steak fries like they normally do but I got the same ones they serve at Pete's.

598.jpg

599.jpg

600.jpg

601.jpg

602.jpg

I love the hidden Mickeys in the glass here...

603.jpg

It was now time to get started on the whole packing thing :crazy2:

That's when I noticed that our handle on one of our suitcases was broken. :sad2:

It wasn't broken when we dropped off our luggage at the port and I didn't realize it was broken when it was delivered to our room because the one side had been tucked under the flap and I rolled it in, instead of lifting it but when I went to grab it by the handle, it slipped right out. :(

606.jpg

We enjoyed some balcony time, well I did at least. It was rather windy that day and we were rocking pretty good actually.

607.jpg

608.jpg

609.jpg

Kira had been out and about the last hour getting her autograph book signed. She had purchased it just yesterday or maybe the day before so she wanted to fill it with signatures. I knew she was in line for Daisy so I popped down to see how she was doing. I spotted her talking to a little girl behind her, she's so good with little kids!

610.jpg

611.jpg

Her next stop was Spidey, so we joined the line for him.

I love this piece, showing the Wonder's Godmother, Tink :tinker:

612.jpg

My spidey senses were tingling :charac4:

613.jpg

We waited in one more line, for Donald and that filled her book. :earboy2:

614.jpg

I have to stop here due to photo limits.

Day 9 Part 2

She asked the CM's to take her photo with her camera when I wasn't with her for the characters and I will post those here now. It's something she really enjoys doing. I totally thought she would grow out of it by now but she just loves it!

These are two that I took on our first At Sea Day...

705.jpg

706.jpg

The tall CM on the left was chatting Kira up asking her about her previous cruises and stuff. She told them how much she loves cruising and meeting all of the characters. He was joking around about her being a professional cruiser. Then she had a really good interaction with Mickey, they were goofing around together.

As we left, there was another CM standing over near the shops, she had been listening to us the whole time and when we passed by her she asked for our room number. She said she just wanted to make sure that our photos were posted to the correct room so we gave it to her. I thought it was rather odd since we had already given our room number to the photographer as well as that very tall CM. :scratchin

This will come in to play later. ;)

And here are all of Kira's pics, the ones where we didn't join her..

707.jpg

708.jpg

709.jpg

710.jpg

711.jpg

712.jpg

713.jpg

714.jpg

715.jpg

716.jpg

717.jpg

And then that is where I had found her in the line for Daisy.

I asked her if she wanted to see a neat part of the ship that she hadn't seen yet and she said sure so off we went to deck 4 forward.

Ahhhh love this deck...

615.jpg

I showed her this, which, in my opinion, is super interesting!

616.jpg

617.jpg

618.jpg

619.jpg

The wind was blowing wickedly down this area and she was freezing so she pretty much ran back to the room. :p

I enjoyed a nice quiet deck 4 for just a tad longer. :cloud9:

620.jpg

I got back to our room and was almost in tears seeing our bare door. :sad:

621.jpg

It would soon be someone else's door, how terribly depressing is that???!!! :eek: :worried: :sad:

Boo to the last day! I love that Kira still loves meeting the characters and is old enough to go on her own.

She is such a cutie!

Jill in CO

Last full days are always so bitter sweet.

Oh how I love those hashbrown patties.....soooo not good for you but hey, it's vacation so calories don't count :rolleyes1

Jo is the BEST!!! She was on our Alaskan cruise, I really hope she's on the Wonder in May :)

Very curious about that 'special' invitation, can't wait to find out what this is all about.

Kira got so many awesome character photos :thumbsup2

Love deck 4, I find it's under utilized. Love walking the entire circle of it though I have to say when you go by the front with all the machinery I practically break into a sprint to get by it, I have an irrational fear that something will break off and fly at me. Told you it was irrational.:confused3:sad2::rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

NOOO! It can't be the last day!!!!
I wish Claire would like characters. She grew out of that stage really early on and it makes me sad. Maybe someday she will want to see them again.

Day 9 Part 3

It was now time for our last dinner. :sad:

At least it was my favourite menu and luckily, the second time I got it :cool1:

I love this restaurant! I have said it before and I will say it again!

I.

LOVE.

TIANA'S.

:worship:

It's more than just a restaurant, it's a fun time, it's an experience. It's what the imagineers intended it to me, I would imagine. They did such a good job!

622.jpg

647.jpg

The Crawfish Crooners really add to your experience. :worship:

623.jpg

Tonight we got beads :jester:

624.jpg

625.jpg

626.jpg

627.jpg

628.jpg

629.jpg

I brought my iPad to dinner that night because I had to check-in for our flight home tomorrow. Sad to be leaving the ship but looking forward to see our dog, Boo. ::yes::

630.jpg

Tiana came by tonight to say hello...

631.jpg

And Kira got her usual...

632.jpg

I got my soup and my beef !:goodvibes

633.jpg

636.jpg

Here's Rob's...

634.jpg

635.jpg

After dinner, they have a big party where all of the servers go around the restaurant and dance and do the limbo, it's pretty fun!

637.jpg

And then they invite the guests to go around too. Even the Crooners take part!

638.jpg

The new dessert menus, they don't light up anymore :sad1:

639.jpg

You all know what I'm having :p

640.jpg

641.jpg

Hello, beautiful :lovestruc

642.jpg

643.jpg

Rob had this, plus an order of beignets because Joel brought us extra :rotfl2:

644.jpg

Here's a good pic of our fabulous serving team, Joel & Juan with Kira...

655.jpg

Rob was kind of full but he still kind of wanted the beignets. Joel told him to take it with him. Kira and I didn't think he actually would. :rotfl:

645.jpg

But he did HAHAHAA!

Love this art in the hallway...

646.jpg

We went back to the room to find this...

648.jpg

But, what the heck! No new Navigator's!!! :sad::sad::sad:

:charac2:

:p

I finished the packing, I think Rob did some reading and I believe Kira went to go see some of Coco in the BVT.

We skipped Dreams because we had just seen it last year and we wanted one last evening of pool time.

675.jpg

And apparently he didn't eat enough sugar at dinner, so he got TWO more ice creams :laughing:

He couldn't resist one last taste of the pineapple coconut :rotfl2:

674.jpg

I am going to end it here but this was not the end of our evening. Stay tuned to find out about our special invitation. ;)

Last edited:
Tiana's looks awesome! Now I'm going to have to book a cruise on the Wonder again. :)

Jill in CO

oh pineapple coconut ice cream, hope they also have this on the Dream!
Your Mickey multi face suitcase, I just ordered the same one this week! It will be waiting for us at our resort in a week from today... I always end up needing an extra suitcase on the way home! haha! Figured might as well buy a Mickey one, I have wanted one for so long :)

I am totally cracking up with all of Rob's goodies! He's a man after my own heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!