Cass, Rob & Kira - Disney & Universal August 2018 - The heat index is what???

August 20th, 2018 - Part 3

I think we may have looked at some stores for a bit and then we headed to TOT in order to get Kira something. I wanted to commemorate her first time on TOT so we bought her a TOT hoodie/shirt. It's basically a long-sleeved shirt with a hood. :rolleyes:

Rob got another fix...
lotsocoffee.gif

190a.jpg

It was now time to grab a spot for Fantasmic!

190.jpg

The center of the bowl is now used for Fast Pass holders but we managed to get a decent seat just off to the side a bit.

191.jpg

192.jpg

We ended up chatting with that guy holding the popcorn. He was a Floridian and super nice and we chatted about weather and stuff because he had noticed that we were watching and enjoying the amazing storm that was passing by. Sadly it was too far from us but we sure enjoyed the lightning show!:worship:

193.jpg

Then we enjoyed the show in front of us :love:

My favourite part...

194.jpg

195.jpg

It's so darn pretty, we love Fantasmic!

196.jpg

We wandered back to TSL so we could see it at night.

197.jpg

198.jpg

199.jpg

200.jpg

While they rode the saucers again, I went and grabbed us a spot for Star Wars, A Galactic Spectacular. I got there for the last two thirds of Movie Magic, which was neat to see since I am a huge movie lover!

201.jpg

202.jpg

They met up with me just in time for SWAGS.

203.jpg

It was a great show and we all enjoyed it!

We waited until the crowds dispersed and then hit up the stores. Kira wanted to buy a pressed penny booked and grab some more pressed pennies.

204.jpg

205.jpg

We drove back "home" and found a little buddy waiting for us on our room sign. :p

206.jpg

Another long, full, amazing day at Disney! I had a bit of a rough go for a few hours but I didn't miss much and felt MUCH better once we got into our car and maxed out the air conditioning on me the whole way home. :rotfl2:

Actually, he was going through caffeine withdrawals and was getting a headache. Normally he has a coffee first thing in the morning and he hadn't gotten his morning coffee yet. :scared:

119.jpg
Yikes! We were in MK on the same day and I cannot fathom having hot coffee. I needed a caffeine fix a few time too but it was cold brew all the way!

The food was amazing! We ate every single morsel!

We needed to head out to make it for our Buzz FP but Kira hadn't eaten her dessert so Leah threw her cookies in a to-go container (and added a couple!) and gave Rob a cup of coffee to go! Wow, talk about going the extra mile. She got a very nice tip! ;)
What an awesome server. The Plaza is one of our favorites. Love how you can sit down and have a relaxing meal and not have to pay much more than counter service prices.

Rob's such a coffee addict that he actually brought one of his Tim Horton's sleeves! I was laughing/snorting 30 seconds before I took this pic, who brings a coffee sleeve with them to the theme parks in the summer??? BAHAHAH :rotfl2:

107.jpg
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Oh I would have been dying. That is some sort of addict you have right there.

We are storm lovers! I am at my happiest when it's raining so this made us all very happy! And the best thing about Florida storms is that the winds pick up and it cools down before the storm hits and then doesn't warm up again until after it's completely gone! We prayed for storms every day, some days we totally lucked out and those are some of my favourite and best memories of the trip! :worship::love:
Oh so I can blame you for all the storms we encountered :P Thanks! If I recall these were some of the worst of our trip. We were supposed to go to Disney springs but called a last minute audible so we weren't running around in the rain. Not my favorite or even favourite :-)

We headed for what is THE best ride to do in a storm...if you're us, that is :rolleyes1

116.jpg
Great idea! Love all the pics with such few people.

No picture can capture the magic of this show but here's a few just to give you a tiny little taste of what we had the pleasure of seeing. :love:

124.jpg
Amazing picture! You captured it perfectly.

If you haven't read my previous reports, let me just say I am sooooo done with stuffies!!

She has so many, we've even donated an entire garbage bag full to a local Firehall (they use them to comfort kids who are in accidents) and she still has tons!
Oh you and I are cut from the same cloth on this one. I hate, hate, hate them and my daughter has god knows how many and comes home from every Disney trip with more. I've cleared a few garbage bags out of her room over the years and they are still everywhere!

They announced that they were performing some "standard maintenance checks" and all three thousand of us groaned in unison and wondered (some out loud) why the heck they would choose park close to perform these tests. :rolleyes1
Ridiculous!

Up next... ̶M̶G̶M̶ Hollywood Studios!
And yes, I will always call it MGM :laughing:
I'm so with you. MGM all day, everyday!!!!!!!!!!

142.jpg

She was so proud of herself!!! :love:
How amazing! She certainly was brave. Mine(7) hasn't tackled Tower of Terror or Rockin Roller Coaster yet. Maybe $20 can help sway her.

As much as I LOVED TSL, I really don't get what the imagineers were thinking when they designed it. Don't get me wrong, they did an amazing job, so much detail and so well-themed but there's almost no shade. :eek:
I'm so with you. And it wasn't even the lack of shade for me, just the fact that it was so small and compact. You have 30,000 acres and you needed to make Toy Story Land that small. I don't get it.

She was a little nervous as we ended up in the front row but she rocked it and had fun!

156.jpg
:thumbsup2

Side note about splitting meals. They used to split your meal in the kitchen and usually they would give you extra fries, like a normal helping on each side. They don't do that anymore, they bring the regular meal out to your table and give you an extra empty plate. :sad1:
Yep we encounter this all the time but its not always the case. I usually share with my daughter and would prefer just an extra plate since she eats like a bird, but on occasion they will still bring the dish literally split in 2. Just means I get to eat from 2 plates :-)

By the time I met up with them after their show, I was feeling better but not great.

Our Fast Passes for Slinky were coming up and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I knew that there was ZERO A/C over in TSL and the second I started getting hot again, I felt super ill. It was like my body couldn't cool down enough.
Try poor thing. I encountered this one day too though not to the same degree that you did. Florida just needs to get outside AC!

Have you ever considered buying a UV blocking umbrella? They help immensely on these blazing hot days. Makes it feel at least 15 degrees cooler.

August 21st, 2018 Part 1

So, I tried again to make Rob some coffee this morning, it didn't go so well. :rolleyes:

207.jpg

It was obviously broken! :sad:

I thought maybe the first time was operator error but it totally wasn't :p

Once again, I made breakfast for my family...Kira got breakfast in bed today :rolleyes1

208.jpg

Then we were off to Animal Kingdom!! Wooop woooop! :cool1:

209.jpg

210.jpg

We got there at 8:30 for a 9am opening, no lines anywhere so obviously they had already let people in.

211.jpg

None of us have been to Pandora yet so we were very excited!

212.jpg

We had FP's for Flight of Passage later in the day but I knew that we would want to ride it twice so we headed straight for it and joined the million others with the same idea. :rolleyes2

213.jpg

It's funny because so many people were complaining about how long the line was but the CM's were saying "This is nothin'!" :laughing:

I was okay because it was almost all in the shade and in the few parts it was in the sun, I just got out of line, found some shade and then rejoined Rob and Kira when they got back into the shade.

Almost to the ride now :rotfl2:

214.jpg

Once you get in the "official" queue, it was just soooo beautiful! They did an AMAZING job with the queue, I love me a good queue. :rolleyes:

215.jpg

Kira was proudly wearing her TOT shirt/hoodie that we bought her the day before ;)

216.jpg

When we got into the actual queue part, they handed us this..

217.jpg

I guess people were not reading the signs? :confused3

Once in the building, the queue got even better! :love: If you're a fan of the movie Avatar (we have loved this movie since it came out and have watched it a zillion times and then eventually watched it with Kira, who also is a fan) you will appreciate this queue, this ride and this entire land even more! We were so very impressed! :worship:

218.jpg

Kira did what she did best...:rolleyes2

219.jpg

And then we got to ride it finally! :woohoo:

220.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

It's a very tough to explain how amazing it is. It's like Soarin' but a billion times better. Soarin' on steroids, minus the terrible perspective skewing and with no one yelling out all of the destinations. :rolleyes2

We all loved it a LOT!!! ::yes:: And it wasn't too bad, it took us just under an hour from the time we got into the end of the line to the time we got to the store.

We perused the main store briefly...and turned Kira into a Na'vi :laughing:

223.jpg

I loved this store! So many unique items, not the same stuff over and over again like most other stores.

And then we headed out...

225.jpg

Kira got a kick out of the sky writers..

224.jpg

Then it was time for our Safari Fast Pass!

226.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

We explored Gorilla Falls Trail and found us some Timons...um, err, meerkats :love:

229.jpg

We ended up chatting with that guy holding the popcorn. He was a Floridian and super nice and we chatted about weather and stuff because he had noticed that we were watching and enjoying the amazing storm that was passing by. Sadly it was too far from us but we sure enjoyed the lightning show!:worship:
I like the big Florida storms too. We just don't get to see that much lightning on the north east cost.

We wandered back to TSL so we could see it at night.
I'm sad that I didn't get around to seeing it at night. I was hoping to, but by night we were all so tired from the day we didn't have the energy to walk back there.

Once you get in the "official" queue, it was just soooo beautiful! They did an AMAZING job with the queue, I love me a good queue. :rolleyes:
I only did FoP standby. I would have liked to do it standby because I heard the queue was amazing. but i was always assuming the line would be nuts. Maybe I should have tried a really early morning.
We explored Gorilla Falls Trail and found us some Timons...um, err, meerkats :love:
Something else I wanted to do, but could never convince my family to take the time (or effort). I would have liked to see the meerkats.

I just found this today! All caught up and loving every moment.
I can't believe what a year makes with Kira. She looks so much older! I am so glad she tried all the rides too. It really makes if fun when everyone rides all the rides.
I am about to start a TR on my summer trip...just need to finish up some organizing first.

August 21st, 2018 - Part 2

On the way over to Expedition Everest now...

230.jpg

Stopped for a few photo ops.

231.jpg

232.jpg

Thankfully we had FP's because it was already at a 45 minute wait!

233.jpg

Kira was a little nervous about this one, I think it was mainly the unknown for her. We had watched all of the POV's but you can't tell what is going in the dark parts. :rolleyes:

234.jpg

She had nothing to worry about and in fact, it ended up being her favourite ride in Disney World! :love:

235.jpg

She looks a little petrified in that pic but she said she loved the drop part :p

Cha-ching...and cha-ching! :rotfl2:

237.jpg

236.jpg

It was now time for breakfast/lunch, which was all the way back in Pandora. :cool:

This was our first time eating at Satu'li Canteen and I was excited. A quick service restaurant that offers something different and healthier than the usual QS fare.

We got there and then used mobile order. :thumbsup2

238.jpg

239.jpg

The problem here was finding a seat! This place is popular! And this is considered a much slower time so it must be CRAZY during the busy season. There were three tables available but they had a sign on them that said they were reserved for parties of 6 or more.

We walked around the entire restaurant about 4 times before Rob spotted 3 spaces at a "shared" table. These tables had actual signs on them saying that it was a shared table. Just as I put my tray down and Rob was about to grab a seat, some lady tried sitting down, literally on TOP of Rob!! :scared1:

Good Lord, I know it's hard to find a table but...really lady?? :rolleyes2

Finally after a nasty look, she backed away. She found a table right away after that so I didn't feel bad but man, I was getting grumpy. The tray was starting to get really heavy and my food was getting cold, which I hate. They had some empty tables outside but there's no way I would have made it through an entire meal sitting in that heat. :faint:

This is going to be a lot of food compared to what we have been ordering but since this was my first time, there were a few things that I wanted to try and Rob wanted some different options on his so we all just got our own.

Rob got the chicken/beef combo with rice and herb sauce. I got the chicken/beef combo with potato hash and herb sauce. Kira got the hot dog kid's meal that is wrapped in dough instead of a regular bun with the vegetable chips and then I also ordered the kids steamed pods bao bun meal so we could all try it. Then we got the cheesecake to share.

Kira was complaining about the lack of regular hot dog bun and fries but I told her that if she tried it and didn't like it then we would stop somewhere else for her.

Guess what? She ate every single morsel minus the purple chips on top. :rolleyes1

240.jpg

241.jpg

Close-up of mine...which was delicious!! The beef was good but the chicken was fantastic! Loved the herb sauce and the potatoes too but not a fan of the sweet potatoes but that's just me. :rolleyes:

242.jpg

And an inside look at the cheeseburger steamed pod...

243.jpg

People say that these taste just like a McDonald's cheeseburger and yes, it does taste similar but this was kind of dry and I would much rather have a McD's cheeseburger than that again!

The vegetable chips, however, were the BOMB!! Like Kira, I didn't care for the purple ones but the rest were so good I was looking for more!

The cheesecake was okay, and well enjoyed by Rob and Kira but it was just passable for me.

I would definitely eat here again but I would try to get a table first before doing the mobile pick-up because that was a little stressful :scared:

I was having major issues with the Wi-Fi again today. I couldn't even log on for most of the day and then when I did get Wi-Fi, the app wouldn't work for me. :sad2:

244.jpg

I ended up deleting the app, reinstalling it and then restarting my phone three times before it all worked again. :badpc:

Back over to Asia again...

We watched the new bird show with Russel & Dug, which was cute and fun but I was super hot by the time we were done.

245.jpg

I needed to cool down so Rob and Kira rode EE again while I hung out in the air conditioned store.

246.jpg

247.jpg

I had told them to use the single rider line but apparently they couldn't find it so they went stand-by.

When we met up again in the store, I went and showed them where the single rider line was and told them that if they can't find something, just ask a CM! What is with guys and not asking for directions? :rolleyes: :rotfl:

While I was showing them where it was, I thought, why not go? I was feeling better and there was almost no one in the single rider line. :cool1:

248.jpg

This was a fun ride because Kira and I were put into the same vehicle, she was just in front of me and next to me was a dad and then his two young adult sons were behind us. They were from England (like 90% of the people in WDW that week, the other 10% being Canadians I swear :p) and were sooo funny! The boys kept screaming "The Yeti is going to get us!" the entire ride :laughing:

So as we were rounding the corner, coming back to the station, I yelled out to the boys "Did the Yeti get you, mates?" and they went on to tell me how the Yeti almost got them! I love riding the rides with people like that. :lmao:

249.jpg

After the Yeti nearly got us, we went to a place where fish are friends, not food. :goodvibes

250.jpg

And then we wandered over into Dinoland USA and rode Primeval Whirl.

We love this one even if we all need chiropractic adjustments afterwards. :rotfl2:

251.jpg

By then it was time for our dinner at Yak & Yeti, so back to Asia!

We checked-in to Yak & Yeti and waited about 10 minutes for our table. While on the way to Y & Y, this was a conversation Kira and I had, it will give you a glimpse into what I deal with every day :rolleyes:

I shouldn't complain too much because I am rather picky myself :rolleyes1

Kira: Where are we eating for dinner?

Me: Yak & Yeti

Kira: What is THAT???!!!

Me: An Asian restaurant.

Kira: (Grumpy, angry look) There had better not be Asian food there!

Me: Umm, why yes, there will be ASIAN food at the ASIAN restaurant.

Kira:
mad0217.gif

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

252.jpg

253.jpg

254.jpg

Here is my daughter's Asian dinner :rolleyes1

255.jpg

I wasn't very hungry so I just got the egg rolls and they were delish!

257.jpg

Rob was really undecided between two dishes, the crispy honey chicken and the sweet and sour chicken. I told him that he would prefer the Crispy Honey Chicken but our server highly recommended the S & S so he went with that. :rolleyes2

So when he got the S & S and didn't like it at all, I reminded him that I've known him for over 22 years and I know what he likes and doesn't like :rolleyes1

256.jpg

Just then the manager had come over to return our Landry's card to us and asked about Rob's food. He didn't complain about it but he told the manager that he had made the wrong choice when ordering but that he would live with his decision. She immediately went to the kitchen and brought out the Crispy Honey chicken for Rob! :worship:

257a.jpg

He did not expect that at all and was thrilled because he loved this one. :love:

:tinker:A little bit of pixie dust, indeed!

Kira enjoyed her ice cream sandwich dessert and then we were off to Pandora again!

258.jpg

Last edited:

mmm that dinner looks good!

Why on earth is there Asian food at an Asian restaurant? That's crazy talk! hahahaha.

Claire wouldn't like it either but looking at the kids menu maybe we'll give it a try sometime now that I know she could find something to eat there.

Claire's favorite ride is EE too. It is so much fun! I am glad Kira tackled it!

Please tell me when Jenseib will have your Recent Report . I Love the way ( Timon , Jenseib ( both have cute daughters) Also ChunkyMonkey writes Trip Reports . I learn so much . I leave in 9 Days ..

Enjoying your report. Awesome pictures! :)

Thank you so much :goodvibes

For your viewing pleasure
View attachment 354640
28L1fZ5

Oh. My. Dog.

That is HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl2:

Maintenance Check at park closing? UGH!!

Sweet that you donate those stuffies, Kira. I know that’s hard to do, kiddo. :)

She won't give away her faves though. One day ::yes::

Whahahahahaha!!! BEST picture so far, Cass!

BAHAHA! I liked it too :lmao:

BTW, I'm already seeing the "Cass Pic Stance" in the pictures you posted. Even Kira is doing it now! Who's next, Rob? :)

Yup, can't help myself :rolleyes2

Kira does it all on her own! The first five years of her life, she practically spent on her tippy toes. It's defiinitely in her DNA :laughing:

Yikes! We were in MK on the same day and I cannot fathom having hot coffee. I needed a caffeine fix a few time too but it was cold brew all the way!

Another DISer in the same park on the same day HAHA!! Very cool! :thumbsup2

What an awesome server. The Plaza is one of our favorites. Love how you can sit down and have a relaxing meal and not have to pay much more than counter service prices.

Exactly my thinking! ::yes::

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Oh I would have been dying. That is some sort of addict you have right there.

Totally!
lotsocoffee.gif

Oh so I can blame you for all the storms we encountered :P Thanks! If I recall these were some of the worst of our trip. We were supposed to go to Disney springs but called a last minute audible so we weren't running around in the rain. Not my favorite or even favourite :-)

Yup, blame us for them, we asked for them LOL! Totally my favourite! :p :rotfl2:

Great idea! Love all the pics with such few people.

Amazing picture! You captured it perfectly.

Oh you and I are cut from the same cloth on this one. I hate, hate, hate them and my daughter has god knows how many and comes home from every Disney trip with more. I've cleared a few garbage bags out of her room over the years and they are still everywhere!

UGH! I feel your pain!! Plus I feel like they are a huge waste of money :rolleyes2

One day they will break free
:rolleyes:

Ridiculous!

I'm so with you. MGM all day, everyday!!!!!!!!!!

Heck yes!

indubitablysmile.gif

How amazing! She certainly was brave. Mine(7) hasn't tackled Tower of Terror or Rockin Roller Coaster yet. Maybe $20 can help sway her.

Money can definitely help ;)

I'm so with you. And it wasn't even the lack of shade for me, just the fact that it was so small and compact. You have 30,000 acres and you needed to make Toy Story Land that small. I don't get it.

Yes, to all of that!
soapbox.gif

:thumbsup2

Yep we encounter this all the time but its not always the case. I usually share with my daughter and would prefer just an extra plate since she eats like a bird, but on occasion they will still bring the dish literally split in 2. Just means I get to eat from 2 plates :-)

Oh good to know they still do that sometimes! ::yes::

Try poor thing. I encountered this one day too though not to the same degree that you did. Florida just needs to get outside AC!

Yes, build a nice big, air conditioned dome :laughing:

Responses above in blue. :thumbsup2

Have you ever considered buying a UV blocking umbrella? They help immensely on these blazing hot days. Makes it feel at least 15 degrees cooler.

Yes, I have considered it often but I don't even like to carry an umbrella when it rains there. :sad2: I don't think there's enough personal space for it and I don't want to pop someone's eye out. :scared:

I like the big Florida storms too. We just don't get to see that much lightning on the north east cost.

I'm sad that I didn't get around to seeing it at night. I was hoping to, but by night we were all so tired from the day we didn't have the energy to walk back there.

I only did FoP standby. I would have liked to do it standby because I heard the queue was amazing. but i was always assuming the line would be nuts. Maybe I should have tried a really early morning.

Something else I wanted to do, but could never convince my family to take the time (or effort). I would have liked to see the meerkats.

We get storms in July and August only and they are over before they begin. :sad:

I just read about your DHS day, yup, looong hot days! Maybe next time :thumbsup2

FOP queue! Reason enough to make another trip
hapydancsmil.gif

Awww that's too bad. Meerkats were the best part! They had some CM's out feeding them and they were just so cute and funny! Also the gorilla had his butt towards us on the glass, highly entertaining as well. :p

I just found this today! All caught up and loving every moment.
I can't believe what a year makes with Kira. She looks so much older! I am so glad she tried all the rides too. It really makes if fun when everyone rides all the rides.
I am about to start a TR on my summer trip...just need to finish up some organizing first.

Yay, I'm glad you found it, Jen
wavesmile.gif

Yes, what a HUGE change for her in just one year! It made this trip SOOO awesome!

Ohh, I was wondering when I would be reading about that! :hyper:

mmm that dinner looks good!

Why on earth is there Asian food at an Asian restaurant? That's crazy talk! hahahaha.

Claire wouldn't like it either but looking at the kids menu maybe we'll give it a try sometime now that I know she could find something to eat there.

Claire's favorite ride is EE too. It is so much fun! I am glad Kira tackled it!

HAHAHA, right?! Asian food at an Asian restaurant!
yattasmiley.gif

I'm glad too! We ended up doing it a few times and she talked about it the entire rest of the trip, saying she wanted to go back to ride it. :rotfl2:

Please tell me when Jenseib will have your Recent Report . I Love the way ( Timon , Jenseib ( both have cute daughters) Also ChunkyMonkey writes Trip Reports . I learn so much . I leave in 9 Days ..

Thanks :goodvibes I will have to go check out ChunkyMonkey's now! ::yes::

August 21st, Part 3

Aaaaaand back to Pandora we go! :rolleyes1

Spotted these cute statues on the way...

259.jpg

And no huge lines this time on Flight of Passage with our fast passes!

260.jpg

Straight in, great FP access on this sucker!

261.jpg

Got matched...

262.jpg

And had another incredible ride on the banshee! Seriously, what a great ride! I could do this over and over and over.
loveshower.gif

Back out into (theme park) reality again where I took this same photo probably for the third time. :rolleyes:

263.jpg

And then we decided to hike over to Dinoland again to ride Dinosaur.

264.jpg

Rob always gets a kick out of seeing the Albertosaurus, which was a dinosaur found solely in Alberta, the province where we live. :teeth:

265.jpg

After saving a dinosaur and travelling way back in time, we spotted a couple more...unusual dinosaurs. :scratchin

266.jpg

And back to one of our faves...Primeval Whirl :woohoo:

267.jpg

A huge storm was on the horizon and coming our way
flirtysmile3.gif

268.jpg

So, guess where we walked again?

To Asia...then to Africa....again.

Grabbed us a Dole Whip in Africa and donned our ponchos.

Man, we were getting around today. ::yes::

269.jpg

It started to rain harder as we walked over to Pandora, which made it even prettier!

270.jpg

We thought maybe we could go sit in the outside tables at Satu'li Canteen but when we got there we found out that everyone else and their dog had that same idea. It was raining relatively hard now and everyone was looking for cover.

We walked towards Na'vi River Journey and decided to hop in line despite the 60-minute wait time. Just as we got under the sheltered part, the skies opened up and POURED!! Torrential downpour along with lightning and thunder!!! :love:

I'm really bummed we missed it! I would rather be watching the storm from a covered area than stuck in a queue where I could barely see or hear it. It was interesting because people behind us were crowding in towards us to be under the shelter and this one family who was way back behind us just sent their little kids up with us. They looked lost and sad and everyone around us were confused about where they came from. It was odd. I get it, they didn't want their kids to be wet but the whole thing was just kind of weird. These were little kids, like ages 3, 5 and maybe 7 ish and were clearly not happy to be surrounded by strangers not knowing where their parents were. :confused:

271.jpg

This queue was the exact opposite of Flight of Passage. It's like they spent all of queue budget on FOP and then got here and said:

Imagineer 1: "So, how can we make this queue cool?"

Imagineer 2: "We have $5000 left, let's make a large round gazebo, hang some fake plants from it and make people snake through it, over and over."

Imagineer 1: "Perfect!"

:rotfl2:

I kind of feel the same way about the ride, actually.

Imagineer 1: "So, we just spent, like most of our money on Flight of Passage and those floating mountains, but we need another ride here so people don't complain too much. What should we do?"

Imagineer 2: "I know! Let's make a Na'vi-themed Pirates ride! It will be amazing, we can use animatronics for all of the cool, unique animals you see in the movie, surround them by huge, cool Na'vi people, we can build the Tree of Souls, man, it will be awesome!!"

Disney CEO: "Let's do one third of Pirates, use screens for everything and stick in one cool Na'vi right at the end singing the same thing over and over!"

Imagineers 1 & 2: "Yes, boss!"

:rolleyes2 :laughing:

That's all I got to say about that. ::yes:: :scratchin

272.jpg

It was very beautiful though :worship:

When we got out, we were met with the most beautiful view evah! :cloud9::love:

The storm was over and the sun was setting. :lovestruc

273.jpg

274.jpg

275.jpg

I took so many photos, it was soooo gorgeous!!

276.jpg

Rob took photos of me taking photos :rotfl:

277.jpg

What a weirdo :rotfl2:

We did a little shopping in the store and then sadly left Pandora for the final time that day.

278.jpg

We were headed to Asia once again, with a quick stop to watch this..

279.jpg

And another quick stop for Rob to get his fix...

280.jpg

Then we watched Rivers of Light but we didn't feel like walking over to the seating area to sit with the crowds, so we just watched from the back corner, which was perfect for us!

281.jpg

Kira didn't even watch it really, she was reading her HP stories. Yup, the show was that good. :cool:

It worked out perfectly actually because before it was over, we popped over to EE and literally walked on the ride!

282.jpg

Then we came out and walked back on :rotfl2:

This time there were more people because there was a rush of people coming from ROL show but the wait wasn't long. And we got to see the screens with our names on them.

283.jpg

Most people don't even notice these. :goodvibes

Kira was kind of done with us at this point. :rotfl: She was being very anti-social, I think she was missing her alone time in her room on her iPad :rolleyes1

She refused to sit with us so we sat together for both of these rides, which was just fine for Rob and I :cool1:

We were thinking of something to do for the final pic on EE and since it was fitting at the time, we decided to gross out our kid. :lmao:

284.jpg

285.jpg

She grabbed a few more pressed pennies before we sadly said good-bye to EE. She would talk about riding EE for the next week, that's how much she loved it!

286.jpg

I know I took photos but they have disappeared somehow but next up Rob and Kira took a spin on Kali River Rapids. The park was about to close but they made it with two minutes to spare!

We headed to the front of the park and perused the stores one last time and watched the Tree of Life projection show for a bit.

287.jpg

288.jpg

Then took a traditional photo of Kira as we said goodnight to Animal Kingdom.

289.jpg

She also went in 2007 but I don't think I took a photo here that trip. :sad1:

351.jpg

Once again, we opened and closed a theme park! My feet were feeling it though. Today was a big walking day and I did over 27K steps! I developed a couple of blisters on the bottom of my feet just as we were heading to our car to drive home. :scared:

Back to our "home" to find our froggie dude hanging out near our door again. :D

290.jpg

Tomorrow...Epcot!

Last edited:
Rob always gets a kick out of seeing the Albertosaurus, which was a dinosaur found solely in Alberta, the province where we live. :teeth:
Cool! I knew about Albertosaurus, but I didn't realize it was in the queue.

After saving a dinosaur and travelling way back in time, we spotted a couple more...unusual dinosaurs. :scratchin
They look good. I had been hoping to see Donald's Dino dance party (or whatever it was called) but just never got around to it.

We walked towards Na'vi River Journey and decided to hop in line despite the 60-minute wait time. Just as we got under the sheltered part, the skies opened up and POURED!! Torrential downpour along with lightning and thunder!!! :love:
Interesting. I was checking my trip notes. On that day, we went shopping at the outlets and were driving home during this storm. While I enjoy some Florida thunder and lightning, I did not enjoy driving in it. It was the heaviest rain we saw all week, I was driving on the I4 and it was like a blizzard, total white out from the rain, couldn't see a thing. Luckily it didn't last too long. And I believe I have some pictures of that beautiful sunset that I may have in my trip report eventually, although mine are taken from our room at ASMu and not nearly as nice as yours.

Imagineer 1: "So, we just spent, like most of our money on Flight of Passage and those floating mountains, but we need another ride here so people don't complain too much. What should we do?"

Imagineer 2: "I know! Let's make a Na'vi-themed Pirates ride! It will be amazing, we can use animatronics for all of the cool, unique animals you see in the movie, surround them by huge, cool Na'vi people, we can build the Tree of Souls, man, it will be awesome!!"

Disney CEO: "Let's do one third of Pirates, use screens for everything and stick in one cool Na'vi right at the end singing the same thing over and over!"

Imagineers 1 & 2: "Yes, boss!"
peterpan laugh.gif

Love it! I cannot disagree with this at all.

Once again, we opened and closed a theme park! My feet were feeling it though. Today was a big walking day and I did over 27K steps! I developed a couple of blisters on the bottom of my feet just as we were heading to our car to drive home. :scared:
Nice one. I wasn't able to accomplish that, the heat was kicking us in the pants. I managed to avoid significant blisters, but it's never easy on the feet.

Last edited:
Yay another update! I'm all caught up now! I even went back and read all the other reports! (We went to Vancouver on the weekend so I had time to kill waiting for the the ferry and on the ferry!)
Rachel like the Albertosaurus and Edmontosaurus (the have a bone at the wilderness explorer spot) as well. It's great that Kira has conquered her fear of coasters! So much easier to enjoy the ride if you don't work yourself into a tizzy before you get on. Rachel does that. works herself up in line, then really enjoys the ride. Then the next time we go she forgets that she loved the ride last time and works herself up while in line again. Rinse and repeat! Are you housebound? My uncle who also lives in Calgary posted picture of the early snowfall and says its not the light fluffy stuff but more the heavy wet crap that we get her when it does snow. murder to shovel and drive in. My mum's family moved to Victoria from Edmonton in the 1960's but some of the family stayed behind in Alberta. My DH was also born in Calgary so he has family there too.

It's a very tough to explain how amazing it is. It's like Soarin' but a billion times better. Soarin' on steroids, minus the terrible perspective skewing and with no one yelling out all of the destinations. :rolleyes2
I can't wait to take my mom on it! I know she loves Soarin, so of all the rides at WDW, FoP is the only one I'm planning us to do twice.

Guess what? She ate every single morsel minus the purple chips on top. :rolleyes1
The hot dog actually looks really yummy!

I'm loving your trip report. A whole new world opens up when the kids start riding all the big rides. Good for her for trying everything and making a lot of cash along the way. :thumbsup2

August 22nd, 2018 Part 1

After three long days at the parks and blisters on the bottom of my feet, I decided we needed to have a break today during the hottest part of the day. Epcot has very little shade so it was a good decision for all of us. We would still open the park and then close it but we would be leaving after lunch.

291.jpg

We got a close parking spot then through security...

292.jpg

A quick photo op, of course!

293.jpg

And then we visited our Leave A Legacy tile. I always get a kick out of checking out our almost 20-year old photo :rotfl2:

294.jpg

This is probably the last time we will see them as the rumour floating around is that they are getting rid of them soon.

:sad1:

295.jpg

The park wasn't open yet but it was too sunny over by the rope, so we waited in the shade on the side.

296.jpg

Rope drop selfie :rolleyes:

297.jpg

Once it opened, we joined the mad dash to Test Track.

298.jpg

Sneaky me bypassed the design room so we passed about 100 people :p

299.jpg

Here we go!

300.jpg

We got stuck on the ride for about 10 minutes right before you go outside. :rolleyes2

301.jpg

At least Kira was happy to ride it this time. :rolleyes:

302.jpg

Then it was off to Mission:Space!

303.jpg

We did the green side so we could check out the new mission.

304.jpg

We got all the way into the briefing room when panic sunk in and Rob realized he didn't have his phone on his hip! :eek:

I told him that it probably came off when he got off of Test Track, maybe got tangled and pulled off with the seat belt.

I checked my Find My Friends app...yup, sure enough, it was at TT still!

305.jpg

We were almost on the ride and I kept checking the app and it hadn't moved so we decided that it was a good sign and that we would do Mission:Space and then run over and grab it. I was assuming that it was with a CM.

306.jpg

307.jpg

We all loved the new mission but Rob was eager to head over to TT.

He ran ahead while Kira grabbed a pressed penny.

308.jpg

We then headed over to TT to meet up with Rob. He had to go through the exit and check with the CM there.

Kira decided to test out some cars while we waited.

309.jpg

Rob came back, phone located and secured :goodvibes

He wasn't very happy with himself but hey, it happens! ::yes::

310.jpg

Whew! That was a close one! Not finding his phone would have changed our plans for that day :rolleyes1

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Time for World Showcase rope drop...

314.jpg

And then our first time on Frozen Ever After!

311.jpg

312.jpg

We all loved it and I thought they did an amazing job considering they had to work within the confines of the old ride. ::yes::

Spent some time in China procuring several pressed pennies...

313.jpg

By now, we needed a break. They needed a snack and I needed some A/C.

315.jpg

We took the long, hot walk over to a great place for a snack, Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie in France.

316.jpg

Rob got a chocolate croissant, which, you know is his go-to snack if you've read any of my previous trip reports and he also got a chocolate beignet for kicks and giggles :rolleyes: Kira got her go-to, a chocolate chip cookie! Rob also got his coffee :P

317.jpg

318.jpg

Way too happy :laughing:

I tried really hard to get Kira to speak French to the CM's but she refused so I brushed off my bilingual cobwebs and spoke French to everyone I encountered. Mostly just to show Kira that French is not just spoken in Canada. Plus it gets Rob pretty...excited. :scratchin:lmao:

I actually had a bite of everything and it was all delicious! Sickly but delicious, nonetheless :p

After stuffing their faces full of carbs and sugar, we headed home!

To Canada, that is. :love:

Well, with a quick stop in the UK for a pressed penny machine. ;)

319.jpg

Last edited:
Soooo, are you really not going to tell us what happened to those little kids? Did mom and dad finally claim them or do you and Rob now have 3 children? ❤️

That has to be the MOST beautiful sunset picture I ever saw!! Just beautious!!

No chocoloate croissant for you? I know how you love those too.

BTW, love love love the matching t-shirts!!!

Another Canadian following along! :wave2: I must know - where did you get your Canada t-shirts from? DD15 and I are headed back to WDW soon and I just love wearing a Canadian tshirt while at Epcot!

It's here....Sorry Cass for distracting..

https://www.disboards.com/threads/cruising-for-practically-free…yep-i-said-free.3710065/

We were thinking of something to do for the final pic on EE and since it was fitting at the time, we decided to gross out our kid. :lmao:

284.jpg

I am totally laughing at this picture. The people behind you seem grossed out too.

That sunset in Pandora was amazing! It really is a beautiful place, but it still needs more rides. I agree about Na'vi River...Super short and kind it whipped together as a last thought.

I have yet to go through the full FOP queue. The first time was fastpass and the 2nd was at rope drop and they weaved us through the fastpass line that time too.

I did enjoy River of Lights, but it's not something I need to see again any time soon.

Enjoying all your posts and pictures!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter