Cass, Rob & Kira - Disney & Universal August 2018 - The heat index is what???

August 22nd, 2018 Part 2

We're home!!! :banana:

320.jpg

We went into the store and found the PP machine for Kira.

322.jpg

And then we found the perfect shirt for Rob! :rotfl2:

321.jpg

We went and explored Canada a bit so Rob could finish his coffee.

323.jpg

324.jpg

325.jpg

Then it was time for O'Canada, which we always love seeing.

326.jpg

When we came out, the skies were looking beautiful
flirtysmile3.gif

It was nice that the sun wasn't beating down on us. With the clouds, I could manage walking around much easier! ::yes::

327.jpg

It was time for our lunch reservation! Walking out of the International Gateway area...

328.jpg

Oooh, I hope it rains :thumbsup2

329.jpg

Checked in to one of mine and Rob's favourite places to eat on site...Beaches & Cream. I think we've made it here on every single trip starting in 1999. So good!

330.jpg

331.jpg

We had a great server and she took our photo for us. I love that she's in it too :laughing:

We've never had a bad server here, in fact, they've all been amazing! I swear, Disney only puts the best servers at B & C ::yes::

332.jpg

333.jpg

And just like that, I've lost my family :rolleyes1 :lmao:The joys of eating out with cell phones :rolleyes2

334.jpg

Kira's hot dog...

335.jpg

Rob's burger...

336.jpg

And my fave, the patty melt!!! :worship:

337.jpg

Here's a better shot of my precious...
flirtysmile3.gif

338.jpg

I was way too full for dessert but Rob and Kira never seem to be too full for dessert somehow :scratchin

339.jpg

Kira's...

340.jpg

I did caution my husband not to overdo it or else he would regret it later. He agreed and just got a scoop of cookies & cream. :thumbsup2

341.jpg

We wandered through the gift shop and I found an entire case of stuff I want! :rotfl2:I have that top Mickey necklace that Rob got me on the Wonder last Christmas and I love it :love:

342.jpg

We walked back to Epcot and went to Mouse Gear to grab a few items. This is always my favourite store and I always find something (usually several things) that I just have to have. :rolleyes:

Rob was eyeing up the Halloween pins but I told him to save it for next week when we go to MNSSHP.

343.jpg

One last PP stop for my kiddo.

344.jpg

It was hot and we were tired and my feet were killing me so it was time to head back to Pop and enjoy a little break.

345.jpg

The first thing Kira did was sort out her collection. :D

346.jpg

We really wanted to have some pool time but because there was lightning in the area, all the pools were closed :worried:

This was the 90's computer pool which is just around the corner of the building from us.

347.jpg

348.jpg

Rob checked his emails while Kira and I vegged. :P

349.jpg

Kira wasn't happy about getting kicked out of her bed but her bed was also the desk so, too bad so sad, doll face! :P

350.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh, LOVE Beaches & Cream!! I've never had the patty melt though......next time! I recognized your waitress taking the picture. She's so sweet! Have you ever heard fellow Canadians get angry at the very beginning of O' Canada?? When we were there earlier this month, a woman was yelling how annoyed she was at the very beginning with the snow storm/narrator bit. I giggled to myself, assuming that she'd 'get it' as the movie continued. At the end of the movie, she loudly announced how terrible that was and felt that it was not a good representation of Canada, so she was going to complain! :confused3 Thank goodness she didn't see the original version! :D Fabulous trippie so far.........as usual!!

What a fun day. That food looks soooo good.

It was definitely a good food day! Actually, I think we lucked out this trip, most of the food was really good! ::yes::

Cool! I knew about Albertosaurus, but I didn't realize it was in the queue.

They look good. I had been hoping to see Donald's Dino dance party (or whatever it was called) but just never got around to it.

Interesting. I was checking my trip notes. On that day, we went shopping at the outlets and were driving home during this storm. While I enjoy some Florida thunder and lightning, I did not enjoy driving in it. It was the heaviest rain we saw all week, I was driving on the I4 and it was like a blizzard, total white out from the rain, couldn't see a thing. Luckily it didn't last too long. And I believe I have some pictures of that beautiful sunset that I may have in my trip report eventually, although mine are taken from our room at ASMu and not nearly as nice as yours.

View attachment 355730

Love it! I cannot disagree with this at all.

Nice one. I wasn't able to accomplish that, the heat was kicking us in the pants. I managed to avoid significant blisters, but it's never easy on the feet.

That was a very intense storm, I can't imagine having to drive in it! :scared1:Looking forward to seeing our sunset from a different perspective :goodvibes

Yes, looking back, I am surprised that I did so well in that heat because it was intense! :crazy2:

I think I get blisters because I don't wear socks (I loathe socks, even in winter!) and my feet sweat and slide around and then when you do that much walking in so many days, it's bound to happen. :scared:

Next time I think I may wear socks/runners just to avoid the blisters :rolleyes:

Yay another update! I'm all caught up now! I even went back and read all the other reports! (We went to Vancouver on the weekend so I had time to kill waiting for the the ferry and on the ferry!)
Rachel like the Albertosaurus and Edmontosaurus (the have a bone at the wilderness explorer spot) as well. It's great that Kira has conquered her fear of coasters! So much easier to enjoy the ride if you don't work yourself into a tizzy before you get on. Rachel does that. works herself up in line, then really enjoys the ride. Then the next time we go she forgets that she loved the ride last time and works herself up while in line again. Rinse and repeat! Are you housebound? My uncle who also lives in Calgary posted picture of the early snowfall and says its not the light fluffy stuff but more the heavy wet crap that we get her when it does snow. murder to shovel and drive in. My mum's family moved to Victoria from Edmonton in the 1960's but some of the family stayed behind in Alberta. My DH was also born in Calgary so he has family there too.

Wow! Go BLAZEY, go! That's a lot of reading! :eek:

Someone once told me that my trippies are "not brief" and not easy to get through but you made it through all of them getting over to the mainland! :worship: Love that ferry ride by the way :cloud9:

Oohh I didn't know that about the bone!

Yes, I can relate to your Rachel! Kira does the same thing! Just thinking about it makes it way worse! :sad1:

Yes, we had a lovely blizzard for a couple of days, broke a couple of records but getting back to normal slowly :rolleyes1 That's Calgary weather for you! And yes, it was great snow man snow, heavy, dense. Not fun and no one was prepared for it this early! :rolleyes2

One day I will move to Vancouver or Victoria! As soon as I win that lottery :P ::yes:: I prefer Victoria but I think I would enjoy Vancouver more because of the heavier rains. ;)

I can't wait to take my mom on it! I know she loves Soarin, so of all the rides at WDW, FoP is the only one I'm planning us to do twice.

The hot dog actually looks really yummy!

She will love it, it's sooo amazing!!! :worship:

I'm shocked I went this entire trip without a single hot dog! What is wrong with me???!!! I won't let that happen next trip :rolleyes: :lmao:

I'm loving your trip report. A whole new world opens up when the kids start riding all the big rides. Good for her for trying everything and making a lot of cash along the way. :thumbsup2

Oh my dog! You are sooo right! I am so excited that our trips will be so different now! No more baby rides and characters all day long :laughing:

Soooo, are you really not going to tell us what happened to those little kids? Did mom and dad finally claim them or do you and Rob now have 3 children? ❤️

That has to be the MOST beautiful sunset picture I ever saw!! Just beautious!!

No chocoloate croissant for you? I know how you love those too.

BTW, love love love the matching t-shirts!!!

Hahahaha! The parents eventually made it to the covered part and their kids rejoined them ;) Sorry for the suspense :lmao:

I had a bite of Rob's croissant. I really did try to behave since my body is no longer used to eating that crap! :crazy2:

I knew you would like the shirts. :goodvibes I kind of liked them too! Not a red kind of girl but I made it work for a day :laughing:

Another Canadian following along! :wave2: I must know - where did you get your Canada t-shirts from? DD15 and I are headed back to WDW soon and I just love wearing a Canadian tshirt while at Epcot!

Wooo hooo! Welcome, my fellow Canuck :flower3:

I got them from Walmart back in May/June when they came out with all of the Canada Day stuff. Usually those shirts are cheap and not worth it but I loved these! Soft and better quality than most. :thumbsup2

It's here....Sorry Cass for distracting..

https://www.disboards.com/threads/cruising-for-practically-free…yep-i-said-free.3710065/

I am totally laughing at this picture. The people behind you seem grossed out too.

That sunset in Pandora was amazing! It really is a beautiful place, but it still needs more rides. I agree about Na'vi River...Super short and kind it whipped together as a last thought.

I have yet to go through the full FOP queue. The first time was fastpass and the 2nd was at rope drop and they weaved us through the fastpass line that time too.

I did enjoy River of Lights, but it's not something I need to see again any time soon.

Enjoying all your posts and pictures!!!!

Yay! I will have to check it out, thanks for posting the link :goodvibes

Yeah, they look disgusted with us too, you're right :rotfl2:

I loved the FOP queue, it made the wait seem shorter I think. I didn't see the full-length avatars in the water though, don't know where those were?? :confused3

Not sure I would see ROL again, the music is pretty and I listen to it at home but the show was rather underwhelming. I really enjoyed the projection show on the Tree of Life though! :cool1:

Ohh, LOVE Beaches & Cream!! I've never had the patty melt though......next time! I recognized your waitress taking the picture. She's so sweet! Have you ever heard fellow Canadians get angry at the very beginning of O' Canada?? When we were there earlier this month, a woman was yelling how annoyed she was at the very beginning with the snow storm/narrator bit. I giggled to myself, assuming that she'd 'get it' as the movie continued. At the end of the movie, she loudly announced how terrible that was and felt that it was not a good representation of Canada, so she was going to complain! :confused3 Thank goodness she didn't see the original version! :D Fabulous trippie so far.........as usual!!

Yes, she's awesome isn't she? ::yes:: :lovestruc Definitely try the patty melt, sooooo good!! :worship:

No, I haven't, not lately anyway. When the old movie was still playing, for sure, because that was just terrible! I can only imagine that grumpy lady watching that first show, like you said :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading and posting :hug::hug::hug:

MMMM Patty melts! One of my favorite sandwiches. We have a place here that makes them sooooo good! Maybe you should come visit me in Ohio so I can take you there!

Then it was time for O'Canada, which we always love seeing.
I've only ever seen it once. I actually avoided it for a long time because was afraid what is was like. It was better than I expected, although I've still only seen it the one time.

Checked in to one of mine and Rob's favourite places to eat on site...Beaches & Cream. I think we've made it here on every single trip starting in 1999. So good!
We ate there too, we have only had ice cream though. I heard the food is good too. A little preview of my trip report, but we were mildly disappointed this last time. The server wasn't great, and the ice cream - which before was awesome - just seemed like ice cream we could have anywhere and maybe not worth the price or the time getting there.

We had a great server and she took our photo for us. I love that she's in it too :laughing:
Hehe...we're doing things alike again...that's the same booth we had the next evening :rotfl2:

August 22nd, 2018 Part 3

After a much-needed rest, we headed back to Epcot!

352.jpg

353.jpg

We had FP for Spaceship Earth but the FP line was closed because the stand-by time was so short.

I always get a kick out the photos taken on this ride! I was not disappointed this time. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

354.jpg

Kira's was not as funny :scratchin

355.jpg

Soarin' was only 20 minutes so we walked over there for Rob & Kira's first experience with the new movie.

356.jpg

357.jpg

During any ride with a longer wait, they would go into the Disney Play app and do the trivia or play the games. This one was super fun because it was world trivia.

358.jpg

359.jpg

Soaring over the world was tough work apparently because Rob and Kira were now famished! We were originally thinking of having Yorkshire Fish & Chips (one of our faves) but the more I thought about it, the more I was against the idea. No a/c and a somewhat heavy meal...no thanks!

Actually, I decided against eating at the moment, it was still super hot and I was not super hungry anyway after that big meal at lunch time.

I brought Rob and Kira over to Sunshine Seasons to see if there was something there they would want.

Kira got the chicken Caesar salad...

361.jpg

And Rob got the rotisserie chicken...

362.jpg

This is Rob being the wonderful weirdo he is and his daughter laughing at him :lmao:

363.jpg

It was now time to go do the orange side of Mission:Space. This would be Kira's first time riding that side. I'm super glad they kept the old mission for the orange side so you can now have two mission experiences.

All the way up to this point, I was going to ride it with them. I love this ride! Love the orange side way better BUT I started to have second thoughts about doing it. :scratchin

Remember back on our MK day, I said that my stupid lupus kept me away from spinny rides? Well, although you don't see it and some might not even realize it, this orange side is based on spinning since it simulates the g-forces by putting you in a centrifuge. So even if you don't see that you are, indeed, spinning, your body knows it. ::yes::

Spinning can put me down for the count, for hours, if not days and at this point, I just didn't want to chance it. I didn't want to take the chance of ruining part of the trip by either missing stuff with my family or worse, being hospitalized so at the last minute, I backed out. :worried:

As much as I wanted to be there for Kira's first experience, I just knew I shouldn't do it. So off they went to M:S and I went into Mouse Gear.

364.jpg

365.jpg

Rob's pics...

366.jpg

367.jpg

368.jpg

Kira ended up loving this version so I am so happy that they did it! :woohoo:

I met them at the cool games section at the exit of the ride and we decided to head towards France to get a spot for Illuminations.

On the way there, I started to get hungry and I remembered that I had been wanting to try the Jambon Beurre at Les Halles for years now but it had never quite worked out. I knew Rob and Kira would not object to another croissant and cookie so we ducked back into Les Halles and grabbed some snacks!

We walked super fast to the lower terrace between France and the UK, our favourite spot to watch Illuminations from and we made it with 5 minutes to spare!

While Rob sipped on his coffee and ate his croissant and Kira nibbled on her cookie, I devoured my ham & cheese baguette like there was no tomorrow! :rolleyes:

By now I was starving and this sandwich, at the time, was the best thing I had eaten at Disney so far! :worship:

Sorry, I was sooo hungry, I forgot to take a photo before I started to pig out on it. :rolleyes2

369.jpg

Oh mon Dieu, c'etait MAGNIFIQUE!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Boy was I glad I finally got the chance to have this sucker! It was a lot smaller than it used to be, I know that but sooooo delicious, I didn't care!!

I was still munching on it by the time the show started, pretty good way to enjoy Illuminations, I must say :p

370.jpg

371.jpg

We enjoyed watching mine and Rob's fave show (maybe even for the last time? :sad1:)

Since I don't like to be herded, we waited a bit before vacating the terrace. While we waited, Kira, like usual, took the opportunity to read her HP stories :P

Rob and I took the opportunity to slow dance and sing the post-Illuminations song to each other while we thoroughly grossed out our kiddo :rotfl2:

372.jpg

We walked out slooooowly, enjoying the atmosphere, so sad to be leaving. We love Epcot sooo much! :love:

373.jpg

Love this window!!!

374.jpg

And of course, as usual, we walked over to one of the coolest parts of Epcot at night, the fiber optic lights in the ground...

375.jpg

Soooo cool! Every single time we see these, Rob brainstorms about he can get these onto our driveway :idea: :rolleyes2

376.jpg

377.jpg

378.jpg

This is the toughest part about Epcot...leaving :sad::sad::sad:

We always linger here, no matter how tired we are. LOL!

We said (a final?) good-bye to our Leave a Legacy tile and then we were off. :sad1::sad1::sad1:

379.jpg

We got back to the room and Kira and I were itching for some pool time! We've been here for 4 nights now and haven't been in a pool! Something wrong with that scenario! :rolleyes1

Actually, we both knew that there wouldn't be much pool time this first week. We were okay with it since next week, hopefully, would make up for it.

We checked our computer pool and it closed at 10pm but I called Guest Services and asked how late the Hippy Dippy pool closed and found out it was open until 11! :woohoo:

I personally think every pool at WDW should be open until 11pm or later! Early pool closures is, by far, my biggest pet peeve about Disney and Disney Cruises! :mad::mad::mad: I remember staying at the Poly in February 2016 and the pool was closed at 8pm!!! :headache: :furious:

So, we donned our suits, Rob grabbed his book and we walked over to the main pool.

We took a right at my old walkman...

380.jpg

Passed the Mickey phone that I greatly desired as a youth but never owned...

381.jpg

And found the VERY crowded Hippy Dippy pool. I guess because all of the quiet pools were closed and it was only just after 10pm and it was SUMMER...people were wanting some pool time. :rolleyes1

Hello...McFly (DISNEY, this means you!) Yes, your guests, MANY MANY of your guests, would like the ability to swim after a long, hot day in your parks where they spend a bajillion dollars on food and merchandise!!! >:(

PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!! :rolleyes2

382.jpg

Kira and I swam until they kicked us all out at 11pm and then back to the room for showers and sleep! :faint::faint::faint:

Ahhhhh, that Patty Melt at B&C!! My favorite too. Thank for asking your server if they can make it GF for me. I’m happy to know they can!! Whoooo hooo!

Great pics at EPCOT and nice too see you finally got that pool time.

I personally think every pool at WDW should be open until 11pm or later! Early pool closures is, by far, my biggest pet peeve about Disney and Disney Cruises! :mad::mad::mad: I remember staying at the Poly in February 2016 and the pool was closed at 8pm!!! :headache: :furious:
I know! I wish they would just have plenty of signage at the quiet pools that let them stay open late without a lifeguard. Don't the ones at Riverside stay open all the time?

When I was at AKL I was happy to discover the hot tubs officially stay open til midnight, but the gates don't actually lock then, so I was able to take a quick soak after midnight (post Disney After Hours)!

August 23rd, 2018, Part 1

Up early again for our last regular Disney park day!

This is what awaited me every day :love:

383.jpg

Back to the Magic Kingdom we go!

384.jpg

Onto the monorail this time!

385.jpg

386.jpg

It's so hot out, I had my fan going already :rolleyes1

387.jpg

388.jpg

Kira hadn't liked her cereal this morning so I told her I would buy her breakfast when we got to the park. When we got there, she asked for a muffin so we headed into Starbucks but apparently they don't have muffins! She said she would settle for a piece of banana bread so we waited about 10-15 minutes in lines to order then we waited and waited and waited.

Finally we went back up and asked about our banana bread, which they were supposedly heating. Well the one guy said we should have gotten it right away but we waited and waited and nothing! So, finally he just grabbed one for us but didn't bother heating it. :rolleyes2

Another reason I don't like Starbucks!

389.jpg

She ate about half and said she didn't care for it.

Oh My Dog!

30 minutes for something she doesn't even like. :rolleyes2

Rob loathes Starbucks coffee so I told him that we would pick one up for him on the way to SDMT.

Rob wanted a pic at the Instagram wall.

390.jpg

While Kira sat and half-ate her banana bread, Rob went in search of his fix.

391.jpg

Found it :cool1:

392.jpg

Then it was time for our FP!

393.jpg

This is a great ride, I just wish it was longer. ::yes::

394.jpg

Just before we got to the front of the ride at 7DMT, Rob had realized that he lost his brand-new customized magic band! He followed his tracks and looked for it. Someone noticed that he was looking for it and told me that they found it and turned into the CM.

Yay! MB procured!

He's having some crappy luck with losing things this trip. :scared:

Then time for our SM FP.

395.jpg

396.jpg

I did not enjoy the exit from SM. Because of some refurb work, the exit is now on the other side of the train tracks and you have to wait until the train passes before you can exit.

397.jpg

Looking forward to this, we are HUGE Tron fans!!

398.jpg

Onward to the Kingdom of Ariel...

399.jpg

400.jpg

It was now time for our Be Our Guest reservation.

401.jpg

402.jpg

403.jpg

404.jpg

We snagged a table in the West Wing and waited for our meals to be delivered to us :love:

405.jpg

406.jpg

Kira's kids shrimp.

407.jpg

Rob's French Onion Soup.

408.jpg

Beef dip...

409.jpg

Master Cupcake!

410.jpg

Kira's cookie from her kids meal.

411.jpg

412.jpg

We love BOG. The prices have drastically increased and the quality has gone down but we still love it. :cloud9:

Last edited:
I always get a kick out the photos taken on this ride! I was not disappointed this time. :rolleyes1 :laughing:
You never know what you're going to get! I had a similar half-face pic on our last ride!

During any ride with a longer wait, they would go into the Disney Play app and do the trivia or play the games. This one was super fun because it was world trivia.
I dabbled in that app a little too. It was a nice diversion.
Every single time we see these, Rob brainstorms about he can get these onto our driveway :idea: :rolleyes2
That would be cool! I ownder if they would melt snow too :laughing:

I personally think every pool at WDW should be open until 11pm or later!
Agreed! I really think they should time it to be an hour or so after the last park closes.

August 23rd, Part 2

Next up was Fast Pass for Big Thunder!

413.jpg

Then it was time for another break. We decided to head up to the second level of Columbia Harbor House, grab some waters and relax for a bit. Rob's giving me that look because he was getting a little tired of Kira always having her head in her phone. :rolleyes1

It didn't bother me as much, I knew she was kind of done with the theme parking thing. She was having a great time obviously, but she is an only child and very much like me, she needs her alone time. ::yes::

Plus I knew she was reading stories and not playing a mindless game or something.

414.jpg

A spin on HM was up next...

415.jpg

416.jpg

Followed by our all-time fave...

417.jpg

It was actually kind of a running joke between Rob and I now...:laughing:

418.jpg

She was also tired of me taking photos and videos so Rob and I made a point to take several shots of us alone. :lmao:

419.jpg

420.jpg

After she realized what we were doing, she obliged too. :rolleyes:

421.jpg

We knew it was time to go. It was hot, we were tired, Kira had had enough of the parks.

While we didn't actually "hop", this is what Kira was feeling :p

422.jpg

Rob ran over to grab one last treat for us to share. :love:

423.jpg

Then we perused the stores slowly while we finished it.

424.jpg

425.jpg

We headed out and realized we hadn't gotten a photo in front of the park yet...

426.jpg

Just as we got to our car, the sky darkened and the lightning show began :love:

427.jpg

We had hoped for some pool time but the pools were already closed so Kira chilled on her bed and chatted with us....

Kidding!:rolleyes2

428.jpg

We did some laundry, checked emails and relaxed in the lovely AC.

429.jpg

It was now dinnertime! Originally, we were supposed to be in the Magic Kingdom and we were going to hit up Casey's but we were all too exhausted to go back or hit Disney Springs so we decided to just wander over to the main building and eat there.

Closed pool :sad:

430.jpg

433.jpg

434.jpg

Rob got the rotisserie chicken, he said it was good, nothing spectacular.

431.jpg

Kira and I had the tenders with waffle fries. The macaroni salad was terrible but the coleslaw was delish!

432.jpg

We had hoped that the pools would be open by the time we were done but they weren't. :sad2:

435.jpg

436.jpg

Rob and I wanted to walk over to Art of Animation to check it out but Kira was not happy about it so we let her go back to the room and read her HP stories while we enjoyed some grumpy-free, romantic time :cloud9: :laughing:

437.jpg

Walkway to AoA is under construction as they are working on the gondolas.

438.jpg

439.jpg

440.jpg

441.jpg

442.jpg

443.jpg

Their main pool is very nice, much better than ours! :worship:

444.jpg

To be continued...

Loved it when we walked around AoA too a few years ago. We were wishing to stay there but we were already booked at Beach Club which we absolutely love!!

Were the pools at AoA open? If one resort closes their pool because of the weather, do the rest follow since they’re relatively close to each other?

Don’t ever tell Kira that I have all the Harry Potter DVD’s from you for years now and STILL haven’t watched them! She might divorce me if she knew. LOL

Rob's giving me that look because he was getting a little tired of Kira always having her head in her phone. :rolleyes1
Must be a "Dad look" - I do the same thing. I really tried not to make too much of an issue about it on our trip. I was never a teenager with a cell phone, so I have no idea how I would have behaved if I had one. It's just part of their culture now. Can't change it. But I still don't like it. Money doesn't grow on trees. And get off my lawn! :P

Rob and I wanted to walk over to Art of Animation to check it out but Kira was not happy about it so we let her go back to the room and read her HP stories while we enjoyed some grumpy-free, romantic time :cloud9: :laughing:
It's actually nice to get some time to yourselves. I don't think I've ever had any romantic time with DW in Disney. Is the fact I don't remember a bad thing? :confused3:rotfl:
Art of Animation is a great resort. I was fortunate to have stayed there in 2013. We had a suite right next to the Nemo pool, it was awesome.

Another fun day!!!!

Ok, I am so behind the times...what is the instagram wall and where is it? Is that the same as the purple wall I hear people talk about. I don't know how I missed this, but I see people posting about it all the time.

August 23rd, Part 3

As we approached the main lobby building, we saw a family struggling with their luggage, looking very lost. In true Rob fashion, he asked them if they needed help. They were staying in the Little Mermaid section and had no idea where it was so Rob grabbed a suitcase and I lead the way.

445.jpg

446.jpg

Why, hello, handsome :love:

447.jpg

Rob was busy chatting away with the family, by the time we got the their building, they were all best friends. :p

448.jpg

449.jpg

450.jpg

451.jpg

I figured out where their room was exactly and Rob took them up. They were sweet enough to let Rob grab a few pics. :groom:

452.jpg

When he returned back, we walked back over to the main building and then onward to the Cars section. We were blessed with an amazing sun set on the way. :cloud9:

453.jpg

454.jpg

455.jpg

456.jpg

More wildlife :D

457.jpg

458.jpg

459.jpg

460.jpg

I made Rob pose in front of this sign since he is a 4th degree Knight of Columbus. 8-)

461.jpg

462.jpg

463.jpg

464.jpg

Gotta say, the Cars section was, by far, my favourite! ::yes::

We walked towards to front entrance and then finally into the main building.

Oh look, more Timons :lovestruc

465.jpg

Love the check-in desk lighting.

466.jpg

Hidden Mickeys...

467.jpg

And yet more Timons!! Man, I love this place :worship:

468.jpg

Chandelier that includes some signed sketches from certain key DisneyPixar people...

469.jpg

Beautiful art in Landscape of Flavors...

470.jpg

We perused the gift shop and then walked back to our resort where we spotted more Disney animals :rolleyes:

471.jpg

472.jpg

Reunited with our kid, we then had a nice long swim in the computer pool before showering and calling it a day.

473.jpg

I am so glad we left the parks early. We got so many things done, got some much needed rest and some great pool time! We also got to help a family in need. Everything happens for a reason. ::yes::

Although, touring AoA, I still managed to get a few more steps in than planned :rolleyes1

360.jpg

Love your comment: "too bad so sad, doll face!"

I am enjoying reading your report and seeing your pictures. Thanks for posting.

P.S. And, how very sweet of ya'll to help out that lost family! Very nice! And, I am sure they are still talking about that nice couple that helped them out!

Last edited:
MMMM Patty melts! One of my favorite sandwiches. We have a place here that makes them sooooo good! Maybe you should come visit me in Ohio so I can take you there!

I have an even better idea...how about we meet in WDW and go to B & C and go enjoy some patty melts together. :rolleyes1

I've only ever seen it once. I actually avoided it for a long time because was afraid what is was like. It was better than I expected, although I've still only seen it the one time.

We ate there too, we have only had ice cream though. I heard the food is good too. A little preview of my trip report, but we were mildly disappointed this last time. The server wasn't great, and the ice cream - which before was awesome - just seemed like ice cream we could have anywhere and maybe not worth the price or the time getting there.

Hehe...we're doing things alike again...that's the same booth we had the next evening :rotfl2:

Well, be thankful you didn't see the old one :rolleyes:

That sucks about your experience there. :sad1: Most people go for the ice cream, we go for the food. The first time, way back in 1999, we all had burgers and I still remember how good they were, tasted like velvet :love: The burgers aren't as good anymore but they still have tons of good stuff and while I keep meaning to try other stuff, I always get the patty melt now :rotfl2:

I only read your trip reports, not the comments to them. Makes it go much faster! I'm a pretty fast reader.

Ahhh, I'm with you, I do the same :thumbsup2

Ahhhhh, that Patty Melt at B&C!! My favorite too. Thank for asking your server if they can make it GF for me. I’m happy to know they can!! Whoooo hooo!

Great pics at EPCOT and nice too see you finally got that pool time.

Looking forward to hearing about the GF version ::yes::

Now, if only they had a hot tub :sad1:

I know! I wish they would just have plenty of signage at the quiet pools that let them stay open late without a lifeguard. Don't the ones at Riverside stay open all the time?

When I was at AKL I was happy to discover the hot tubs officially stay open til midnight, but the gates don't actually lock then, so I was able to take a quick soak after midnight (post Disney After Hours)!

YES! My thoughts exactly! That's what it's like at SSR, pools open until 11, no lifeguards. The main pool at POR was open until 11pm with lifeguards (see next trip report :P) but I never visited any of the quiet pools.

Nice, midnight!! :woohoo: I've never seen any open that late! Good to know :scratchin

You never know what you're going to get! I had a similar half-face pic on our last ride!

I dabbled in that app a little too. It was a nice diversion.

That would be cool! I ownder if they would melt snow too :laughing:

Agreed! I really think they should time it to be an hour or so after the last park closes.

Those pics on SE have given me more than a few chuckles :laughing:

At LEAST an hour after the last park closes! ::yes::

Following along! I am enjoying this :)

Yay, glad to have you here. :woohoo:

Loved it when we walked around AoA too a few years ago. We were wishing to stay there but we were already booked at Beach Club which we absolutely love!!

Were the pools at AoA open? If one resort closes their pool because of the weather, do the rest follow since they’re relatively close to each other?

Don’t ever tell Kira that I have all the Harry Potter DVD’s from you for years now and STILL haven’t watched them! She might divorce me if she knew. LOL

The pools that are close by, yeah, they will all close. :sad: If you notice all the pool pics at AoA are closed, with no people in them. We never saw or heard lightning and it never rained either. :rolleyes2

Ummm, yeah, Beach Club is the way to go!!! 8-)::yes:::love:

I won't tell her, she would definitely give you the stink-eye. :P But then she would forgive you, she loves you that much :goodvibes

Must be a "Dad look" - I do the same thing. I really tried not to make too much of an issue about it on our trip. I was never a teenager with a cell phone, so I have no idea how I would have behaved if I had one. It's just part of their culture now. Can't change it. But I still don't like it. Money doesn't grow on trees. And get off my lawn! :P

It's actually nice to get some time to yourselves. I don't think I've ever had any romantic time with DW in Disney. Is the fact I don't remember a bad thing? :confused3:rotfl:
Art of Animation is a great resort. I was fortunate to have stayed there in 2013. We had a suite right next to the Nemo pool, it was awesome.

Yup, exactly that! I always think, man, what would it have been like if I had an iphone/ipad growing up, with internet access?? :scratchin ::yes:: You would have to pry it out of my hands :laughing:

But yes, as a parent...put your thinkin' phone down, we're at Disney World, dammit and you're going to enjoy your surroundings :lmao:

Ohhh, it was sooooo nice to have some alone time. We are counting down the days when we can leave her at home and we can go back just the two of us!! :cloud9::worship::cloud9::worship:

Did I say that out loud? :rolleyes1

:laughing:

Another fun day!!!!

Ok, I am so behind the times...what is the instagram wall and where is it? Is that the same as the purple wall I hear people talk about. I don't know how I missed this, but I see people posting about it all the time.

It is called the purple wall and it's Instagram famous. It used to be just plain purple and then Disney realized that it was Instagram worthy and then they spiffied it up not too long ago and now it's even more famous! Good call Disney! :laughing:

It is near the Plaza Pavilion, where the dessert parties are. There's often a line there just to grab a photo ::yes::

I'm not an instagram person but it's super popular with those who are. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!