Cass, Rob & Kira - Disneyland May 2019 - "Sniff...snifff. I think I smell Wi-Fi!!!"

We did something like that Void in NYC. It was ghostbusters. And it made me sick and have a throbbing headache. LOL. It was fun, but I don't know if I would do it again. My aunt paid for all of us to do it as an add on to our wax museum evening. We did a lot of laughing throughout it as we had to shoot ghosts and we were really bad

*sniff* I HATE leaving!!!

I can't believe the manager tried to say they were so busy....like hello YOU were there, you know how busy they were NOT. Glad you enjoyed it despite that! My hubby did the Void in Disney Springs in October (Star Wars) and really loved it. Our oldest could have gone with him, but she declined, then wanted to do it in March when we were in Disneyland, but we didn't have time :rolleyes:

I LOVE the lobby of the Grand and heck, I never knew about the quieter seating area on the 3rd floor! Oops lol

I still have much to read but wanted to make a few comments before I forgot what I wanted to say.

I love rainy days. I lived in the Seattle area for many years and I never noticed the rain.

I would love to live in Vancouver, they get the same kind of weather.
:cloud9:

Trees are cool.

Very! 🌲🌳🌴

Another reason to like the rain. People think they are going to melt so tend to stay indoors, making the parks less busy.

Sooo true!!

Beautiful. I have not been to Disneyland since the 80s, reading your report makes me want to hurry and schedule a visit. Sadly, I need to wait until I retire - summer 2020, so not such a long time. :cool1:

Oh wow! You need to go back ::yes::

Funny child. :rotfl2:::yes::

She makes me laugh every single day LOL!

Glad you posted this. Now I know to look for this skeleton/pirate.

I hope you get to go back very soon! Replies in red. :thumbsup2

I still want to do the Ralph one! Problem is the nights I'm usually in Anaheim they don't do Ralph! I wish they did alternate days.

Yeah, I didn't even realize that they alternated, ugh!

LOVE the Grand! I've always been perfectly content to stay at a hotel/motel along Harbour but since our last two stays have been at the Grand (hotel room like you had the first time, stayed on DVC points in a 1 bedroom villa this past March) I don't think there is any going back to Harbour....... :rotfl2:

I would definitely recommend renting DVC points next time you want to stay there, the 1 bed villa was perfect for us and the bathrooms (yes you get 2!) are fantastic sizes. The smaller one off the kitchen was perfect for our girls and the big one off the master was HUGE. I'm spoiled for sure. :love:

What a great breakfast at Catal, yet another restaurant we haven't tried (always gotta leave something new for our next trip lol).

Yeah, it would be hard to go from Harbor motels to the Grand and then back to Harbor LOL! :rotfl2:

I think a 1-bedroom would be lovely! Not sure if it's affordable but definitely lovely! :p

Definitely try Catal on your next trip! Very yummy! ::yes::

9pm closing doesn't mean 8:50, people!!!! Grrrrrr :headache:

I'm glad you got one more swim in at least even if it was cut short, and that you got to see the fireworks one last time :flower1:

Yeah, I like my pool time and we only had the one night which is why I was so crabby about it but really, there was not much to complain about this trip. ;):cool1:

What a great location!

Totally! :thumbsup2

I know where... haha

Shhhh! :ssst: :rotfl2:

Those are really short hours! It's nice to be able to soak feet in the hot tub after a day in the parks, and that wouldn't really allow for that.

Yes, I agree way too short! :eek:

What a cool thing to see!

Very cool indeed! :cool:

THis restaurant is really cute!

Super cute, right?

Replies above ;)

What a great day of relaxing and enjoying down time.
We looked at storytellers too because it would show up with openings while there, but I just couldn't justify spending that much for a buffet when Claire would only eat a few things.
I kept telling her it had meat, but she said if it wasn't good, she wouldn't eat it and if she didn't have her fill of meat, it certainly wouldn't be worth it to pay for her. hahaha

Yeah, good decision! I don't think she would have enjoyed the meat. I won't be back again. I'd rather eat at WWS for the food and price! ::yes::

Several times at WDW we have accidentally wondered into the smoking area which is a big issue when one is asthmatic. I am so glad we no longer have to worry about that when visiting the parks.

Oh nooo!! Yes, thankfully we don't have to worry about it! Kira is also asthmatic and we are all allergic to it to. :scared:

I remember the days when Rob, Sarah and I would share one entree and a desert. Sadly I think those days are gone forever.

Yeah, the portions used to be much bigger! They are more expensive now and much smaller portion sizes. :guilty:

Love chill days, even more than park days. Chill days are like sea days on a cruise.

HAHA! That is a great comparison and I totally agree! :goodvibes

Is the large pool still there?

No, Downtown Disney is where that big pool used to be. :thumbsup2

Looks yum! But I do not think I could handle the noise. I do not like noise or crowds...Maybe we could visit right when they open...

Yes, definitely go when they open before all the people get there or sit outside but away from that gate. ::yes::

Replies above in blue.

We did something like that Void in NYC. It was ghostbusters. And it made me sick and have a throbbing headache. LOL. It was fun, but I don't know if I would do it again. My aunt paid for all of us to do it as an add on to our wax museum evening. We did a lot of laughing throughout it as we had to shoot ghosts and we were really bad

Yes, you did The Void, same thing as this one! They also have a Jurassic Park one too, in Vegas I think. I would love to do this with you, it would be sooo fun!! :earboy2:

*sniff* I HATE leaving!!!

I can't believe the manager tried to say they were so busy....like hello YOU were there, you know how busy they were NOT. Glad you enjoyed it despite that! My hubby did the Void in Disney Springs in October (Star Wars) and really loved it. Our oldest could have gone with him, but she declined, then wanted to do it in March when we were in Disneyland, but we didn't have time :rolleyes:

I LOVE the lobby of the Grand and heck, I never knew about the quieter seating area on the 3rd floor! Oops lol

Leaving is always sad but it's good to go home too. :love:

It was super fun to do the first time but I really don't feel the need to do this again, even if they change the theme. :rolleyes1

There's actually a few quiet places to sit all around this gorgeous hotel, just wander a bit and you will find them. :cloud9:

I've been lovin' your report. Your family is so darn cute.

19 Dole Whips! Unbelievable! Ha ha!
:woohoo:

Thanks, lucas :hug:

HAHA, yeah 19 is a little...excessive? :scratchin:rotfl2:

May 19th, Part 2

It was almost time to meet our driver so we grabbed our bags from bell services. Just so you know, this process is loooooong, so plan accordingly :rolleyes1

I asked where our driver would meet us and the CM pointed us in the direction of this bench, where all the buses and shuttles pick up.

991.jpg

Oh look, it all fit :p

992.jpg

We waited a few minutes and then our driver showed up and drove us back to LAX. Good-bye Disneyland, we will miss you....:sad::sad::sad:

993.jpg

I spotted the Hollywood sign and tried to point it out to Kira but it was hazy and she didn't know where to look so she never saw it. She didn't seem that interested in it anyway. :rolleyes2

About an hour later, we had arrived. Traffic was good on the way there but near the airport, it was a little crazy.

994.jpg

He dropped us off at Terminal 6 and we checked in with Air Canada. The lady checking us in was laughing at my packing job. :rotfl2:

995.jpg

996.jpg

Just in case I was off, we had a few spare pounds in Kira's bag :rotfl:

997.jpg

Once we got our boarding passes and luggage dropped off, we went through security, very quick with TSA Pre-check :thumbsup2

I knew we would be eating at the airport as soon as I found out that they have Wolfgang Puck food here. ::yes:: They had a whole area here with two places to eat and a bar, all under the WP umbrella. Rob and I love WP food! :love:

998.jpg

I got us a pizza to share but Kira wasn't sure if she wanted any so she asked if she could try ours to make sure it wasn't weird. :laughing:

999.jpg

I ordered our pizza and then waited about 10 minutes for it to be cooked. In the meantime, I mentioned to Rob that they had butternut squash soup over at the other place and he got very excited :rotfl2:

1000.jpg

Happy Rob :cloud9:

1001.jpg

The pizza, as usual, was delicious and even Kira liked it so I went and ordered a cheese pizza just for her.

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

Once we filled our tummies, we walked down to our gate and waited until our plane boarded.

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

We sat in the exact same seats that we sat in on the way down. Do you remember me saying that Rob didn't have his own screen? Well, guess what? We found it HAHAHA! It was actually in the arm rest and was a doozy to get in and out again but we found it. :lmao:

It was too much in the way so he didn't use it but good to know it was there.

1006.jpg

And off we gooooo!

1007.jpg

I love flying out of LAX because you always go over the beach and ocean but the window was all scratched up and my iphone kept focusing on that so I got a terrible photo. :sad2:

1009.jpg

A relatively short three hours later, we were making our descent into Calgary.

1008.jpg

Grabbed our bags, I love it when they all make it. With Air Canada, you just never know. :rolleyes1

1010.jpg

Easy breezy through customs with Nexus as you don't even have to fill out the customs form anymore. :thumbsup2

Always good to be home!

1011.jpg

My awesome brother had already dropped off Boo at home so she was there waiting for us. :love::love::love:

1012.jpg

I managed to unpack all of our bags but laundry would have to wait for the next day, we had the series finale of Game of Thrones to watch! :cool1:

It had aired on HBO during our flight and we didn't want FB to spoil the ending for us so we stayed up to watch it. :thumbsup2

We had an amazing trip, all three of us cannot wait to get back to Disneyland again!! :woohoo:

If you've never been, I highly suggest you go. Don't listen to what others say, especially the ones that say WDW is better because you know what? They are both amazing resorts and how lucky are we to have two very distinct and awesome places to visit. ::yes:::smickey: And also, don't listen to the people who say 1 or 2 days is enough for Disneyland because it's really not. Sure, you don't need five full days but getting to do your faves over and over again is so much fun and it gives you more time to relax and enjoy and appreciate the parks!

Thanks so much for reading this trip report and following along on our journey to the Happiest Place on Earth!

I especially appreciate all of your comments :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Stay tuned here for the vacation videos, I will post them here when I have finished each part. :cool1:

And for those of you who are interested...my sign came about a week after we got home and we got our two prints framed and we hung it all over our bed. We have had nothing on our bedroom walls for five years now, I never knew exactly what I wanted in there so I guess it was just kismet and they were just waiting for us to take this trip. :goodvibes

We have three blank wall spaces left in our room so we've decided to choose 1 print on our next WDW vacation and 1 print on our next DCL cruise and put them up so we have a special piece of art from all of our favourite Disney destinations. Maybe one day, we will even have something from Aulani. ;)🤞

A very special thanks to my two brothers, without them, this trip wouldn't have been possible :hug: :hug:

1013.jpg

1014.jpg

This one is so perfect in so many ways! Lilo & Stitch will always be very special to us as we were proud doggie parents to brother and sister golden retrievers whom we named Lilo & Stitch, so now L & S will always be with us in our room, we spent our honeymoon at Disneyland, it was Rob's first Disney park and the best and most memorable part...Lilo is handing Stitch a Dole Whip float! HAHAHA! Perfect! 🥰

1015.jpg

smiley.php

smiley.php

Those prints look amazing above your bed. Really enjoyed your trip report, thanks once again for sharing your adventures with us all.

Don't listen to what others say, especially the ones that say WDW is better because you know what? They are both amazing resorts and how lucky are we to have two very distinct and awesome places to visit.

AGREED! I really appreciate them for their differences, honestly.

This looks great!

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us! It was a wonderful read, and you seem like such a happy little family!

Another great report, Cass! Can't wait for the next one...We will be in DLR in about a month. We will (as always) be using your food tips. When is Rob going to get to SWGE?!! Next trip?

The pizza at WP is SOOOOOO goooooodddddd!!! LOL The one thing we missed by flying home via SNA this past March instead of LAX - the food options at SNA were absolutely pathetic. We got some Starbucks then waited til our layover in Seattle where we had lounge access and feasted like Kings :rotfl2:

Oh those prints look fantastic in your bedroom! :love:

Awwwwwww! The end? Noooooooo!

Your sign and prints look fantastic. Great job!

Thank you so much for taking us along on another one of your adventures. Sooooooo, where are we going next?

I really loved your trip report and all of the wonderful pictures. I love your luggage too. It has made waiting for our October trip tolerable. Thank you for sharing with us.

“Cheesed My Grits”!!!! :D:D:D:D:D Too too funny, Cass!

Well, I think you talked me into trying DL at least once. Chuck and I would love going with our favorite Tour Guide. We have to make that happen sometime.

I really love how you guys still buy souvenirs on your trips. We’ve stopped doing that for ourselves. Now we just buy too many for our little kiddos.

Your food pics always look so delicious. I never remember to take them because I’m always digging in before it dawns on me.

Now, I have to go back and reread your posts because I totally missed the part about the “plaids”. I have no idea who/what they are.

Thank you for another awesome, detailed and beautiful pictures report.

Loved your report and your photos! That Disneyland sign looks so good above your bed.
I wish I had more of a chance to wear Hoodies, they always have so many cute ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!