Castaway 5K Update for April 2018

Quellman

Donald Duck
Got off the Dream last week. The 5K did not have race bibs for this sailing. Didn't know if that was a new change or not. Also, the medals were with a blue strap, no year.

They also had plastic cups for water to tote with you. While much bigger than the paper ones you used to receive, it did result in shortages of water in the bicycle loop the second run through.

How is it for other runners?

We had bibs and the blue lanyard for our medals in March on the Magic. Our race was held on the ship though. High winds kept us from docking until after lunch.

We had bibs and the medal w/blue lanyard on the Wonder in March. I liked having the year on the lanyard so was disappointed in that change.

We had bibs and the rubber medal w/ blue lanyard for our 5K on April 15. We were on the Dream.

I didn't have a problem with water on the bike loop because the wooden stations were full with the paper cones available (and a trash can to throw them away).

Was on April 9th Dream - we had no bibs, Blue ribbon with no dates. Plastic cups and also ran out of water on bike loop 2nd time around. (Maybe OP was on same sailing as Me?)

So the Year is gone on the blue medal strap? Anyone have picture of the what the medal looks like now?

This is from early March 2017. My very first Disney Cruise (hopefully not the last). 7 day Eastern Caribbean with the Fantasy.

IMG_0966c.JPG

Last edited:

April 9, 2018. Same medal from March but no bib for our run.

Attachments

• 4DBD3675-0C63-430E-B851-B01D025F369B.jpeg
    4DBD3675-0C63-430E-B851-B01D025F369B.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 38
I ran Friday and had bibs and the blue ribbon. No dates, which I was bummed about as my previous ones have the year. They also had the problem with running out of plastic water cups and asked people to carry them through the second loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter