Castaway Cay Challenge spectator question

AaronB

Mouseketeer
Does anyone happen to know if they offer any tram service or other assistance the morning of the Castaway Cay challenge? My Mother would like to be at the Start/Finish line, but was not sure if anything was offered since the challenge 5K is really done before normal activities begin on the island.

I did the challenge in 2018 and the trams were not running for the start. Everyone (including spectators) had to meet in the theatre and then walk out to the start. The trams were running after we finished so she could use them to get back to the ship. If your mother has a wheelchair or walker I’m sure she could use that since I seem to recall seeing small children in strollers during the walkout. One word of caution though, it’s VERY dark for the walkout. I remember regretting not taking my phone with me so I could use the flashlight.

Thanks, I was kind of afraid of that. She does have a scooter, but really dislikes taking it on cruises. I'll just have to convince her to take the extra sleep instead of waking up early :)

Did they move the Castaway 5K start/finish in recent years? Granted I did the run in 2008 so it's been a while but it started and ended about 200 feet from the ship. No need for a shuttle anywhere.

Did they move the Castaway 5K start/finish in recent years? Granted I did the run in 2008 so it's been a while but it started and ended about 200 feet from the ship. No need for a shuttle anywhere.

I assume so, because it’s been over a half mile walk for the times I’ve done it since 2013.

If anyone was interested, I wanted to confirm that as mentioned, trams do not run prior to the start of the challenge race. I did get my Mom a wheelchair, so I was able to push her out to the start (which was on the runway). We were able to take a tram back, which surprised me a little as I finished around 7:30 AM which is still before the island was officially open.

The start for the 5k that is part of the challenge is in a different place than the one for the regular 5k, much farther from the ship. @bumbershoot is right, its at least a half mile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!