Castaway Cay parasailing question...

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
DH had shoulder surgery in December. We are cruising at the end of April.

He has been released by his doctor and would really like to parasail, but has questions:

Do you sit in the harness, or do you have to support weight with your arms?

Does the harness pull your arms or shoulders uncomfortably?

Thanks!

Let's see if I can remember last Friday... :D

They put the harness on you...goes up your legs...should stay below the knee to avoid in-flight wedgies (not a happy thing!).

You take off from the sitting-down position (facing the boat) and land standing up. You don't support anything with your arms, though my sister used hers to hang on for dear life :)

I used mine to take pictures...with a disposable camera. Didn't want to share the digital one with the fishes if you know what I mean. I tucked the camera into the life jacket you have on and pulled it out when I was ready to take pictures.

I don't think you'd have any problems with shoulder injuries or repairs. My mother also went parasailing and she has neck and back problems ('course you don't want to mention that!). The only "problem" we all had was the boat...the hard bumps/jumps over the waves were a bit rough on the tail bone if you weren't sitting right.

Have fun!

How much does this cost per adult and child and is there an age limit (I have an 8 yr old DD and couldn't go without her!)?:)

I think 8 is the youngest...and it costs $70 per person, whether you go alone or tandem. My dh and dd (10) did it together and loved it. My dh had done it in the past alone, and now, he'll only consider doing it with someone. He said it was wonderful to be able to share the excitment with someone....they pointed out all sorts of things to each other......a great bonding moment.

I went with my 8 y/o daughter, and I remember they also said you had to weigh a minimum of 80 lbs., but I beleive that is for solo flights. My daughter weighs about 70 lbs. and they didn't question her ---not that they had a scale for weighing at the dock or anything like that. Go have a good time with your daughter like I did with mine.

And if I may add, try Banana Boating. Alot cheaper ($14 per person) and quite thrilling. It's a "banana" shaped inflatable tube that 8 people can sit and hold on (4 on each side) that is pulled at high speeds across the water by a jet ski. We found this to be very safe, had a blast (did it twice, even my 7 y/o son and wife joined us).

I wish you good weather!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!