Castaway Cay Post Office - Opened and Ready for Business!!!!

fishingfool999

Disney and Ocean Fishing Fanatic
Hi Guys, "Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Clause".
Just as the subject line said during our Disney Magic Holiday Cruises this past December the Castaway Cay Post Office was opened and a person was there to take post cards and letters and packages.
The date was Monday 24 December 2018. Just in time for Christmas. We purchased 2 post cards at the post office and 1 post card at one of the shops on Castaway Cay. Postage was $0.65 USD and they took US dollars. Each item is stamped with the "date and Castaway Cay Post Office".The guy working told us that he is the only one that works the post office and travels to Castaway by boat. So depending on weather and his schedule and holidays he is not there all the time.
But after 12+ visits to Castaway Cay for us the Post Office was opened for business. And even better the 3 post cards were delivered to the West Coast in yesterdays mail!!!!!!! It only took 40 days even with the holidays. Now we have a few special items for our holiday cruise photo book!
I also posted a few photos. There were plenty other post cards, letters and some packages mailed by other guests and Cast Members. So if the others have not received their mail they should be on the way!
DSCN3953_1.jpg DSCN3938_1.jpg DSCN3940_1.jpg DSCN3943_1.jpg DSCN3945_1.jpg DSCN3946_1.jpg DSCN3947_1.jpg DSCN4024_1.jpg My Cruise PostCard_1_2_3_Back_20181224_1.jpg My Cruise PostCard_1_2_3_Front_20181224.jpg
DSCN3953_1.jpg

We have been to CC four times and the post office was only open once...don't want to wear it out. When it was open we did the same thing, mailed postcards to ourselves and others...very unique. Snorkeling is what I look forward to with each visit. However, the sunken Mickey seems to be farther and farther out into the bay each time we go...must be getting older. Cruise on...

Yes, at least this time he was selling stamps for $0.65 for each post card. We were able to use US dollars and was given US dollars as change. I am not sure what other items was costing for postage. We saw letters and other small packages. Some packages were purchased from the Castaway Cay shops. Sorry that my photo does not show those small packages.

Be aware that postcard may never arrive. Typical delivery time can run weeks to months.

Or years. My sister went on her first DCL around 7 years ago and sent postcards to me and to our parents from there. We have still not received them.

It was opened both times that I was there last year. The same gentleman was working -- he was so nice! I think it took about 4 weeks for our postcards to make it home both times. Loved the Harry and Megan stamps!

It was open my only time to Castaway Cay in September. I bought the last stamps he had for the day. You can also purchase Bahama post stamps from guest services on the ship and drop your post cards of at the mail slot and it will get picked up next time the postmaster comes to the island. Took just short of a month for my cards to arrive.

Just remember CC post office is cash only, made that mistake on my cruise. Won't be making that on my next CC double dip in June

It was open my only time to Castaway Cay in September. I bought the last stamps he had for the day. You can also purchase Bahama post stamps from guest services on the ship and drop your post cards of at the mail slot and it will get picked up next time the postmaster comes to the island. Took just short of a month for my cards to arrive.

Really???? I would love to do this!!!

@Mario chacon

In my research before my first cruise, I'd read to not miss going by the CC post office. My grandparents and Mom all worked for USPS, so I have a bit of a fascination with post offices. Needless to say, it was closed, and I was so disappointed! Wish someone would have warned me beforehand. Hoping it will be open on my double dip cruise in July!

Wow, love the stamps, the PO was open on our cruise in September - wish I had sent some postcards now!!! I swear it was a female behind the counter though!

I would never mail a package from there, but always cross fingers on postcards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter