Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

We just got off the Wonder on Friday. I went straight to Guest Services as soon as we boarded to inquire about the waitlist and it turned out that there were 3 open ones! We were so excited. We got Cabana 14. It was wonderful. I highly recommend a cabana, especially if you have a family.

HI! I just found this thread and am hoping to get some info on the cabanas. I was considering renting one for my cruise wedding on Serenity Bay. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread to get more info! Thanks!

sorry so late in trying to find out this info. We have 3 adults and a 16yr old. How much are they and where would be a good place for us next to the slide thingy. Please and thank you I have to book tonight

sorry so late in trying to find out this info. We have 3 adults and a 16yr old. How much are they and where would be a good place for us next to the slide thingy. Please and thank you I have to book tonight
CABANAS (eff 12/18/14 price w/Bahamas 7.5% VAT)
Family beach: $549 $590.18

Cabana #21 $ 899 $966.43

Serenity Bay: $399 $428.93

Price includes up to 6 guests on the Family Beach and up to 4 guests on Serenity Bay, additional $50 per person (plus VAT) up to a Maximum of 10 guests. Cabana #21 on Family Beach price is for up to 10 people with a $50 per person additional up to a maximum of 16.

I just changed my SB to FB number 12, has anyone been in this one? And how is the view etc? Thanks
I've been in this one and reserved it again for an upcoming cruise. We loved it. It was further from the food but quieter because it was further down. It's near the little swimming lagoon. There's good folliage but not any that block a view.

Only in that Concierge rooms can book at the earliest time (120 days out), vs all other rooms are limited to whatever Castaway Club level booking window day is applicable to that room.

I just want to add to what Shmoo answered in case the term is unfamiliar to you. Castaway Club is something you are automatically enrolled in after your first cruise, so what determines your booking window (other than concierge), is how many cruises give sailed, not what category you are booked in. There are four categories, platinum (10 cruises or more), gold (5 cruises or more) and silver (1 cruise or more),and finally first timer.

I assume you pay in full for the cabana if you manage to snag one when your booking window opens up? Since I'm Silver, my booking window for the cabana is 90 days? I guess I don't stand a chance to get one though....have any Silver's been able to book one?

Finally, what is cancellation policy? Do you get full refund?

I assume you pay in full for the cabana if you manage to snag one when your booking window opens up? Since I'm Silver, my booking window for the cabana is 90 days? I guess I don't stand a chance to get one though....have any Silver's been able to book one?

You don't pay until in advance, only until you cruise. And if you cancel before the cruise, you won't get charged. I don't recall the exact cancellation policy if it has to be before the cruise or a certain number of days before castaway cay. Also, you will get charged no matter the weather if the ship stops at Castaway Cay, but not if it can't dock.

I'm silver also and when I recently did my online check in I was surprised there was one cabana left.

You don't pay until in advance, only until you cruise. And if you cancel before the cruise, you won't get charged. I don't recall the exact cancellation policy if it has to be before the cruise or a certain number of days before castaway cay.

IIRC, it's three days before you cruise, which I believe is th same as any other excursions. We have cancelled on board before because my father's hip was hurting so badly that he didn't even want to go ashore so we cancelled. They had somebody on the waiting list who took it so we didn't pay a dime. If they don't have anybody who will take it then you will wind up paying for it whether you use it or not.

You don't pay until in advance, only until you cruise. And if you cancel before the cruise, you won't get charged. I don't recall the exact cancellation policy if it has to be before the cruise or a certain number of days before castaway cay. Also, you will get charged no matter the weather if the ship stops at Castaway Cay, but not if it can't dock.

You have 3 days before the cruise to cancel and you won't get charged, after that you are charged the full price of the cabana unless the ship doesn't dock on Castaway Cay.

You have 3 days before the cruise to cancel and you won't get charged, after that you are charged the full price of the cabana unless the ship doesn't dock on Castaway Cay.

You said that last part about not docking so much more succinctly than I did. Thanks

CABANAS (eff 12/18/14 price w/Bahamas 7.5% VAT)
Family beach: $549 $590.18

Cabana #21 $ 899 $966.43

Serenity Bay: $399 $428.93

Price includes up to 6 guests on the Family Beach and up to 4 guests on Serenity Bay, additional $50 per person (plus VAT) up to a Maximum of 10 guests. Cabana #21 on Family Beach price is for up to 10 people with a $50 per person additional up to a maximum of 16.

Update for FB -

Seasonal pricing for regular FB cabanas - March thru September - $599 $643.93

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter