Castaway Club Gifts - Through the Years

See post #169
We were on the wonder in december 2015 and the silver gift was a striped grey bag. Not the same as in post #169. We also had to sign something saying we had received it. I do not remember having to do that before. Is that new? Are people pretending like they did not receive it to get another or something? The bag is cute but not super tough.

We were on the wonder in december 2015 and the silver gift was a striped grey bag. Not the same as in post #169. We also had to sign something saying we had received it. I do not remember having to do that before. Is that new? Are people pretending like they did not receive it to get another or something? The bag is cute but not super tough.
The bag in in that post is the new bag. Some ships/itineraries are still handing out the "old" color coded bag. We've had to sign for our gift since at least 2012. Probably because people were saying they didn't receive it.

I think I have always had to sign for the gifts since cruise #2 which was in the 90's. I believe one cruise the stateroom host didn't catch us on the first day to sign for the gifts, but other than that, typically have always signed for the gifts.

Were on the Magic at the beginning of December and got the older, grey striped (silver) bag then. Also, have never signed for gifts on all 5 of our cruises. Interesting to see the variations!

Was on the Fantasy in September 2015 and got the canvas bag with photo album (Gold member). This has to be the worse bag I've ever gotten. I gave it away as soon as I got home. Heading out on the Magic next month for a B2B, so two gifts for me. Hope it's not the canvas bag.

Love my sling bag from Alaska. Does anyone know if they give the Alaska bag or the Carribean bag on the Panama Canal cruise? Would love to get another sling bag.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested (@Zandy595?), we got a different bag on the recent transatlantic cruise. Don't know if that's what's going to be the one for the European season this year or not:
2016 bag platinum cup P1080943 Fuse 1500.jpg
It's sort of a rucksack look, with the top of the bag having a drawstring (under the flap). I believe the tumbler was the Platinum addition.

In case anyone is interested (@Zandy595?), we got a different bag on the recent transatlantic cruise. Don't know if that's what's going to be the one for the European season this year or not:
View attachment 172105
It's sort of a rucksack look, with the top of the bag having a drawstring (under the flap). I believe the tumbler was the Platinum addition.
I like the tumbler. But we're gold, so I guess no tumbler?

View attachment 172105

You forgot to show the bubble wrap that housed the tumbler. I enjoyed that just as much as the other components. :)

Interesting. I didn't realize there were additions given based on level. When I was silver I just got the backpack. I will say I will a little sad to lose last year's Europe pack because the design it great but if these rucksacks are going to be available on the Europe cruises this summer it may not be such a big loss.

I like the tumbler. But we're gold, so I guess no tumbler?
Sorry, don't know for sure. In the past the bag (some bag) was the basic CC gift. With additions at Gold and Platinum levels. So that, as Platinum, you'd get a bag and 2 other gifts. Now I'm not sure whether you only get one extra (based on level) or if Gold and Platinum both got the tumbler.

You forgot to show the bubble wrap that housed the tumbler. I enjoyed that just as much as the other components. :)
Well, OK....
P1100248 1500.jpg

Sorry, don't know for sure. In the past the bag (some bag) was the basic CC gift. With additions at Gold and Platinum levels. So that, as Platinum, you'd get a bag and 2 other gifts. Now I'm not sure whether you only get one extra (based on level) or if Gold and Platinum both got the tumbler.

Well, OK....
View attachment 172146
I was thinking you should have received 3 gifts.

Well, OK....
View attachment 172146
Aha! Is there anything you didn't get a pic of??? :)

I think the gold cruisers at my dining table said they did not get a tumbler with the bag.

View attachment 172105

Does anyone know if they're giving this bag out on the Fantasy? Would love this one...

Our last cruise (march 2016--The Magic) both the gold and platinum members got the same gift. A canvas/burlap bag and photo album (we got this same gift on the Fantasy 2015 too). We were on a B2B so got two sets. The silver members only got the bag. Our next cruise is October 2016 so hoping for something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter