Castaway Club Gifts - Through the Years

Does anyone know if they're giving this bag out on the Fantasy? Would love this one...

The last two years, the cruises on the Magic and the Wonder to destinations that are not beach destinations (mainly Alaska and Europe) got a different bag. I would guess that the back pack that was given out on the TA cruise is the "alternative" bag for non-beach-destinations.

So, in my opinion it will be unlikely that this bag will be given out on the Fantasy. But who knows, DCL might do something different this year from the previous two years.

It was on the bed with the CC gift upon entering the room, along with umbrella and backpack. I was trying to remember the other couple small things, think it was the frosted crispie treats and ? Friends on the cruise just previous to ours did not receive, their 1st DCL cruise.

Last edited:
Just back Sunday, we are Platinum and we got the burlap bag and 2 insulated silver cups.

Ugh, we have so many bags now................maybe they will switch back to back packs soon?

We were Gold, just got off the Dream on 1/16/2017 and did B2B and received the burlap bag and silver cups on both cruises.

We actually really like the burlap ones. Only have one and glad we don't have to pack it for this trip but use the new one for the beach. Excited about the travel mugs.

DLC keeps track it is automatic you don't have to do anything
Not necessarily. We just were on the Wonder in December, our first time sailing Platinum and certain benefits were not automatic. We did not get our lanyards, did not get our CC gift, we did not get boarding group one, and it did not say Platinum on our Key to the World card. They told me at check in it was my responsibility to make sure the TA told DCL our level of CC. We did receive the letter on the bed on arrival (I think) explaining our platinum benefits. Eventually we did receive everything else, and an apology gift after several trips and calls to Guest Services.

Not necessarily. We just were on the Wonder in December, our first time sailing Platinum and certain benefits were not automatic. We did not get our lanyards, did not get our CC gift, we did not get boarding group one, and it did not say Platinum on our Key to the World card. They told me at check in it was my responsibility to make sure the TA told DCL our level of CC. We did receive the letter on the bed on arrival (I think) explaining our platinum benefits. Eventually we did receive everything else, and an apology gift after several trips and calls to Guest Services.

Wow. That's so very odd! DCL has always "automatically" know which levels we are. Wonder where the breakdown occurred.

Wow. That's so very odd! DCL has always "automatically" know which levels we are. Wonder where the breakdown occurred.

Definitely strange. The only time I've heard there can be issues is if the change happens on a B2B (leg 1 is one status and leg 2 is another) - apparently sometimes they need reminding there. But not one that's not B2B.

and 2 insulated silver cups.
We only got one cup on our cruise. I wish we had gotten 2.

maybe they will switch back to back packs soon?
The backpacks only seem to be on the TransAtlantic and European cruises. Although they did a a sling bag on the Alaska cruises at least one year. For the Caribbean cruises, it's always been a beach bag of some sort.

Silver cups? Can you post a photo of them please?
2016 cup and bubble wrap P1100248 1500.jpg

Not a fan of the burlap bag either, but it worked for this cruise. I will never use it again, its very scratchy.
When we did the Hawaii cruise in 2015, they were out of platinum bags and they gave us a beautiful Hawaii beach towel and a bottle of wine. I was happy they didn't have the bags... :)

We've given away every one of our bags, usually sending them to friends overseas when we send them American snacks, etc.

We used our burlap bag all summer for the beach.

Our first cruise on the Fantasy in 2012, we were on our first cruise but my kids from my first marriage were on their second cruise and they got the blue backpack for our 7 night eastern. They must have switched to beach bags some time after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter