Castaway Club Gifts - Through the Years

Our first cruise on the Fantasy in 2012, we were on our first cruise but my kids from my first marriage were on their second cruise and they got the blue backpack for our 7 night eastern. They must have switched to beach bags some time after that.
Hmmm... we got our blue backpack on our Hawaii cruise in 2012. Maybe that's what they had on all the ships in 2012.

On our recent 5-night cruise on the Dream as a Gold Castaway Cay member, about the third night into the cruise, We received a gift of goodies from the Senses Spa, small shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps, etc. It was in cellophane and had a white ribbon with the gold DCL logo on it. I never really did find out why we got it. I was having a spa treatment the next day, and I asked them and they had no clue. I asked my cabin steward and she said it was from her, but I wasn't so sure about that. Anyone else get this nice little surprise?

On our recent 5-night cruise on the Dream as a Gold Castaway Cay member, about the third night into the cruise, We received a gift of goodies from the Senses Spa, small shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps, etc. It was in cellophane and had a white ribbon with the gold DCL logo on it. I never really did find out why we got it. I was having a spa treatment the next day, and I asked them and they had no clue. I asked my cabin steward and she said it was from her, but I wasn't so sure about that. Anyone else get this nice little surprise?

Potentially it could have been from your host. Every CM is encouraged to have a 'magical family'. What is done for it can vary from department/ship/managers in charge.
When I was in the kids clubs, we were encouraged to pick a family (or a few), I would usually pick the families I registered, or kids I really connected with on the first night. We'd deliver invites every night for the next day, highlighting a couple of activities they might enjoy, we'd sent out magical moments certificates, and when they were available we could sent out prizes like bags, hats, sunglasses...

It seems the number of gifts/extras has gone down over the years. Just my observation.
Premium Priced Cruises with "industry standard practices" (read "even fewer perks") becoming the norm. Been declining by degrees for years now.

Premium Priced Cruises with "industry standard practices" (read "even fewer perks") becoming the norm.
We've been joking at work for years that 'in line with industry standards' translates to 'someone got away with screwing over the client for more money so we're going to do it now'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter