Castaway Club gifts

KayLazz

Earning My Ears
hi

We are leaving on the Fantasy on June 30 for the 11 day southern carribean cruse. :-) Does anyone know what recent 'gifts' were? trying to decide if i should pack my beach bag from last years cruise?

:)

We were on the May 26th Fantasy Western Caribbean and received the sling bag, not a beach bag. I was happy because I have multiple DCL beach bags and have given the last couple ones away to family. So it was nice to get something different.

This was my first cruise as gold and we also received two round luggage tags. Sorry I don't have pictures to post.

The sling bag is nice, but doesn't hold as much as the beach bag. If you have more than 2 or 3 people to put towels, lotions, waterbottles, etc than you will probably want to bring your beach bag. I tend to always overpack no matter where I go, so I like having a bigger bag.

Thank you! i use the 'gift' bag around the ship for my book and my sunblock, etc. i use our regular backpack for going off the ship. fingers crossed its the sling bag. :love::earsgirl:

Sling bag isn't particularly comfortable for an all day wear either. I've used it in the parks and it left my shoulder sore since the weight isn't as evenly distributed. I suspect if you keep it lighter than I did you may not have an issue.

Did the sling bag look like this one?

2014-silver-slingbackpack-jpg.85237

I’m not a fan of the sling bag at all. We found it to be too small & uncomfortable. I was so excited to finally get my beach bag, & we sailed the NYE 7 night on the Fantasy & it had just switched to the sling. I’m still bummed. I really wanted one of those straw beach totes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter