Castaway Club "Perks" question

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
We sailed on the WONDER in July of 2001. We have not as yet received our Castaway Club info. After reading posts here I see that this is not uncommon and we may have a few more months to wait until we see it. My question is, What are the perks that go along with the Castaway Club. I know there is a special desk at port to check in at. I am also pretty sure there is a small party aboard ship for return cruisers. My DH heard somewhere that you got some sort of reward for re-booking a cruise. Is this seperate from the ship board credit you receive when you re-book?? For some reason DH thought he heard that if you re-booked within a certain amount of time (6 months?) you received a small discount($200) If this is true we are nearing the 6 month mark. We are making arrangements now for a cruise in 2003. I can't believe they would do this as people don't receive their documents until months later so how would anyone (who does not read these boards...is there anyone left out there that does not:D ????) know of such a deal and know the time constraints. Well, I told DH if anyone knew someone here would know. Thanks in advance.

We cruised in 10/01, and if it had not been for these boards, I would have known nothing about Castaway Club. It is my understanding that there is a special check-in; there is a party for returning cruisers, there usually is a gift in your stateroom, and that if you book within 120 days of sail, you are given a $200 shipboard credit. I called the number for castaway club (either got it off Barb's site, or DCL site, and they were able to give me my Castaway Club Number--I still have received no docs. Taking a 7 day cruise in 10 days, so I'll see what the perks really are.

The special check-in line at the port is no big deal; often that line is longer than the usual check-in lines. Choose whichever line is shortest.

You do get the gift for returning cruisers (it's a black sports duffel bag and water bottle) and if you are eligible, the shipboard credit. The repeat cruisers reception is also nice.

Enjoy! :)

Definitely make sure that your Castaway Club number is on your reservation so that you will receive your benefits. Also, bring the number with you and doublecheck with Guest Services once you are on the ship.
As Michelle said, the special check-in line may be longer than the regular lines, but the party is a blast!! It's a great opportunity to get photos with the captain and ship's officers in a relaxed setting. The photos of the captains, Cruise Director Rick, and the others on my website were taken at various CC parties.
We have seen the gift undergo changes over time, but it has been the black sports bag for a while now (someday I will get around to putting the pile in my closet on Ebay...we have quite a few of the blue ones they used to give, too, as well as the photo frames...ironically, the pictures you buy on the ship don't fit into them!).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

How are these "perks" affected if not everyone in the cabin is a member of the Castaway Club? My family and I sailed in December, so I will be a member (although I don't expect to get anything official for a while). Some girlfriends and I are looking into a 3 day "no husbands - girls weekend out" cruise in March. If they are in my cabin do they get included? (obviously they wouldn't get the credit and gift - I'm thinking more of special check in and special captains party!)
thanks

Not sure about check-in, but they should be able to attend the party with you...you are allowed to bring guests.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter