Castle Couture as BBB alternative?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
My DD is turning two at Disney. We want a BBB experience for her, but she is too young for BBB.

I’ve seen video of Castle Couture. I have also seen posts that indicate you can get a photo shoot there, and it would be included in Memory Maker. I was thinking we can let DD pick the dress and accessories at Castle Couture, then get her picture taken - basically the BBB experience without the hair and nails (which she wouldn’t sit through anyway).

I know dresses can be cheaper outside the park, but we want the experience of letting her pick the dress out in the park (if she could figure out how to wave her Magic Band and purchase things, she would). Does Castle Couture still work like this? Do they still do Fairy Dust or anything else I need to specifically ask for?

TIA!

I would suggest Ivy Trellis in the Grand for your DD> I took my girls there as an alternative to BBB ( I hate those styles) and the experience was excellent. The stylists are licensed becuase it is a salon, and are able to provide real services as opposed to teh Godmothers in Training, who must adhere to specific guidelines that are acceptable for non licensed people.

We chose the Princess package for the girls, and the stylists advised what would work best for each child, and given that we had one with sensory issues, that personalized service was a godsend. The little one actually fell asleep while the stylist worked on her hair, so darn funny!

After they were done, the girls paraded their finery, ( we had their dresses beforehand) around the Grand, and were greeted by CM's thoughout with the recognition Royalty deserved. My DH always buys a special something for all of the girls, and this was his gift to these two on this trip. They still talk about it.

Will they take a 2 year old? I’ve read they have packages but the minimum age is 4?

The Ivy Trellis/Character Couture packages are only for ages 4+.

BBB does their photoshoots at Castle Couture. Anyone can shop & have photos taken there. The CMs have a glitter wand they can use to "pixie dust" your daughter after she chooses her dress & accessories. You can then have her picture taken :)

My DD is trying the Ivy Trellis/Character Couture makeover next weekend. She's 7. I made the appointment for hair and makeup, but I'm hopeful they will allow makeup and nails instead. DD has a super short pixie cut, and there's literally nothing (other than sprinkling pixie dust...do they do that?) that can be done with her hair. She really wants her nails painted, but the package for all three wasn't available when I called 6 weeks ago. I tried to explain on the phone that we really just wanted makeup and nails, there isn't anything to do with my daughter's hair, but the CM didn't think it could be done. Hopefully it can!

The Ivy Trellis/Character Couture packages are only for ages 4+.

BBB does their photoshoots at Castle Couture. Anyone can shop & have photos taken there. The CMs have a glitter wand they can use to "pixie dust" your daughter after she chooses her dress & accessories. You can then have her picture taken :)

Great! Now I just need to figure out when to do this!

They will positively work on kids younger than 4 at Ivy Trellis. They were doing a group of girls when DGD went this past March and the youngest was barely 2, and I'm not sure any of them were even 4. We had to wait quite a long while after our appointment because the group went way over their time. Luckily we were not in a hurry and the salon was super sweet about it and gave us a super discount, and a darling Rose Gold Unicorn cupcake for DGD's birthday

Was it the Character Couture package being done on the little ones? No idea. But you don't have to get the package to get an appointment there. Book an appointment for her, and then have them do her hair as if it's an updo, etc, or whatever it is you'd like. That's the beauty of going there, you can request, as long as you are paying for it, whatever you want. It doesn't have to be within the guidelines of a specific package. The stylist will talk with you, and the child (if they are old enough to voice their opinion) and come up with options. What DGD had done was nothing like what anyone else had done. I didn't see 2 hairstyles done the same there. And the makeup is nothing like what is used at BBB, it's real makeup.

So yes, call, talk to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter