CAT. 2 questions

lemstar

Mouseketeer
what can anyone tell me about the cat. 2s? is there one i shoudl avoid/request? are they all the same? are they much bigger than cat. 3s? i would love any info--may do cat 2 on 10/16.....

There are only two category 2 rooms on the ships. One each on either side of the forward elevator lobby on deck 8. I haven't been in either of them, but would suspect that they are mirror images of each other, so I wouldn't expect one would be any better or worse than the other.

The brouchure lists them as being 945 square feet, as opposed to 614 sq. ft. for category 1. The category 2's can sleep up to 7 people, whereas the 3's sleep 4 or 5, depending on the configuration.

Originally posted by lemstar
what can anyone tell me about the cat. 2s? is there one i shoudl avoid/request? are they all the same? are they much bigger than cat. 3s? i would love any info--may do cat 2 on 10/16.....

If you are able to book a Cat. 2 you definitely will be spoiled!!! We've stayed in both and they are both the same except reversed. As far as being bigger than the Cat. 3 (I haven't been in a Cat. 3) but the Cat. 2's have 2 bedrooms vs. 1 bedroom in the Cat. 3. I tried to do a search for what I posted regarding concierge services but administrator has disabled that function again (sigh), so when I get home later I'll post my comments on concierge perks. HTH

<<I tried to do a search for what I posted regarding concierge services but administrator has disabled that function again (sigh), so when I get home later I'll post my comments on concierge perks. HTH>>

thanks! i noticed that when i tried to search cat 2 and concierge (that the search function was disabled)--why do they do that?!
would love any info you have.......

Originally posted by lemstar
[Bthanks! i noticed that when i tried to search cat 2 and concierge (that the search function was disabled)--why do they do that?! would love any info you have....... [/B]

Funny, I just tried doing the search function again and it worked. The search fairies must be up and running again. :D

We had the Cat. 2 for our 5/18 7-day Eastern last year. As far as amenities, you do get priority boarding, your concierge team (our team was Christine and Thierry) will make any reservations you desire: Palo, spa, etc. We found out from our prior cruise that Concierge only receives a select number of reservations. They may not have the date and/or time you desire. We found it easier to book our own reservations. There is a "meet and greet" with your concierge team during the first afternoon. We did not attend because, as I mentioned, we made our own reservations. When Christina called us later in the afternoon she actually sounded disappointed that we didn't have them do it. You are invited to a "concierge only" Sail-away party when you leave St. Thomas with complimentary drinks and appetizers. If you are in Cat. 1 or 2 you receive complimentary sodas and bottled water -- no need to purchase those refillable mugs. You receive a different treat each day: the famous cheese and crackers, chocolate chip cookies, strawberries dipped in chocolate and petit fours, fruit tray, etc. You are able to order room service from any of the four restaurants and are able to order full breakfast with the exception of the last day. Regular staterooms may only order Continental Breakfasts. We also got a couple of sheets of personalized stationery. Our 3 boys each received arcade cards ($10 each) two times during the cruise. Our oldest ds had access to many in Common Ground so he gave a couple to his cousin. There is a video player and you are given a list of CDs and videos that are available to watch if you choose. Concierge team will stop by daily to inquire whether you need or want anything. You get daily phone messages as well. We received a booked entitled "DISNEY MAGIC - The Launching of a Dream." Great book!! I can't think of anything else at the moment. The Cat. 2 suite itself is reason enough to book. Concierge is just an added treat.

Search is load limited. When the load on the board servers is below a certain level it works, when the load is high search automatically turns off...because if it didn't the board speed would be very slow. :)

Originally posted by WebmasterMichelle
Search is load limited. When the load on the board servers is below a certain level it works, when the load is high search automatically turns off...because if it didn't the board speed would be very slow. :)

I always wondered why it worked some times and then it didn't. Thanks for explaining this Michelle. :D

Category 3's also have the concierge service.
We were in one of the Cat 2's last year, and will be in the 3 this year...but it is one of the 3's that also has the triple-wide balcony, as the room is wider than some of the 3's....it also has the pull-down bed in the living room, as opposed to the bedroom. We opted to go with the 3 this time because it still offers a lot more room than any hotel rooms we would stay in, and since we have other rooms to pay for plus the wedding, we thought it would be just as wonderful, and will be saving some money, too.

Originally posted by justmestace
Category 3's also have the concierge service.
We were in one of the Cat 2's last year, and will be in the 3 this year...but it is one of the 3's that also has the triple-wide balcony, as the room is wider than some of the 3's....it also has the pull-down bed in the living room, as opposed to the bedroom.

For anybody who is wondering which Cat. 3 these would be, they are 8032, 8034, 8532 or 8534.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter