Cat Cora and Kouzzina

Hi all. It's getting closer and closer to the time to make our ADRs and I'm still all over the place. One restaurant that I'd really like to try is Kouzzina because I'm a huge fan of Cat Cora. I'm interested in anyone's general opinions but there's one thing I'm specifically curious about: How often is Cat actually there? I'd love it if there was even a snowball's chance in Maleficent's Steam Room that we could meet her, but with all the things she has going on I can't imagine she spends much time cooking for tourists. :p Is she a regular presence or is it more of a special occasion kind of thing?

Thanks all.

we were there 1st week in Oct. my friends had a reservation there w/o us & got to meet her & got a picture! so jealous. they said food was excellent & so was the service :)

We met Cat Cora once while eating breakfast there. She was making the rounds to all the tables.

We prefer the breakfast to dinner. The food is ok, nothing special.

It's a not less than zero chance because she's done cookbook signings and events for the Food & Wine Festival, but these events are usually announced somehow. I don't think you can expect her to show up unannounced, although she's apparently done that on occasion.

If you'd really like to meet her, she generally does an appearance at the Food & Wine Festival - although two years ago she cancelled several appearances due to other commitments, but that schedule can't be expected until at least June or July.

It's nothing to do with bad blood between her and Disney. She doesn't operate the restaurant, Disney does. They pay her for her name and she gets some input into the menu. She doesn't live in the WDW area and has a lot of appearances to make elsewhere.

I met Cat at Kouzzina during the last week of January, 2011. There was no special food event happening, she was just there. She was smaller than I expected. What I really got a kick out of is that she was wearing a CM name-tag that read "CAT Jackson, MS".

My friend and I shared the fish of the day and couldn't finish it between the two of us, it was so big. It was an all-around terrific meal. I thought because Cat was "in the house" the staff brought their A-game, and was curious to see how things went on our second visit last week.

It was great! Not quite as good as the first time, but just slightly less so, and still a stand-out among WDW places. Several of us had the trio and no one could finish it, there was so much. DH loved his chicken. Just be aware, the lamb burger has a kick to it!

Oh! And you must order the Brussels sprouts. I know, I know, I thought I hated them, too. But at Kouzzina they are delicious!

Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter