Catholic Church Services at Disney

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
What would be the closest opportunity to go to a Cathoic Church mass while staying at BLT. Never taken a taxi or uber to church before but that might be a first since we will not have a car. Any suggestions please. Thank you

The Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe is where we always go. However, my understanding is that on Christmas Day and Easter Sunday, Mass is offered at the Contemporary Resort, but I’d double check that with WDW to make sure.

This.

I remember reading years ago (25+) that the Polynesian Resort had Catholic Mass and non-denominational Protestant services every Sunday, not just holidays.

I remember reading years ago (25+) that the Polynesian Resort had Catholic Mass and non-denominational Protestant services every Sunday, not just holidays.
I'm not sure they still do that. We attended there (many years ago) when we went to WDW.

That was discontinued years ago. We did it in 1997. But we've done Christmas Mass at the Contemporary Resort once or twice.

We attended a Catholic Mass held @ the Contemporary at 10:00 AM (?) last Christmas Day. A Protestant Mass was held at the same locale an hour before or after.

I completely disagree, the shrine is a tourist attraction. Corpus Christi in Celebration is a real parish. We go there every time we have a car.
It's not a tourist attraction during a Mass. I've been to many there. Maybe 50. I never felt anything other than being in a normal Mass. it's a beautiful amazing Church.

It's not a tourist attraction during a Mass. I've been to many there. Maybe 50. I never felt anything other than being in a normal Mass. it's a beautiful amazing Church.

It's just a matter of what one is looking for. Wonderful if works for you. Others may want something more intimate. Folks are sharing where they would go so that folks can choose what matches their needs.

Their history says it was built specifically due to Disney and the large numbers of people it attracts. The shrine is nothing special architecturally, just a big stucco modern church, sitting in a very busy area on I-4. Folks need to be aware of the extreme traffic in the area, particularly holidays. Vineland will be a nightmare. Note the outlets are open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so if you choose a service close to mall hours that will impact your travel. I would consider going in the back way via Disney Housing Little Lake Bryan Rd to parking behind the church or completely from north via International Drive South or Daryl Carter Parkway.

Personally I think the Celebration church is beautiful architecturally, so tasteful and feels historic in design. It's a smaller church, more intimate and is a full time church not set up for tourists. Yes, mass is mass no matter where you are at but different folks have different expectations for an overall feeling. It's good to know all the options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter