Caviar Spinoff... Oysters, how do you eat them

Suger Mag

MamaBear
Do you eat oysters and how?

I have tried multiple times to do the raw oyster thing and while I enjoy them fried, or in a stuffing. I can't do the shuck and slurp. Tried the Tabasco and lemon juice, but nope... the texture, the taste, just ugghh.

I do like caviar though.

Only fried.

Oysters are served a lot here. People will buy a whole sack and shuck them and grill or fry.

I tried grilled, don’t like them. Can’t do raw.

I don’t cook them myself though. Only at certain restaurants. I don’t trust every place to clean and cook them correctly.

“As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.”
-Ernest Hemingway

Love them! The last time I ate them was at a waterfront oyster bar on the east end of Long Island about a month ago.

Baked oysters are the way to go! A little butter, pepper, finely chopped onion and cheese = fine culinary bliss! Yummy
Yep - something like this, or the more classic Oysters Rockerfeller, or occasionally fried. No way I'd eat them raw. :crazy2:

Deep south LA girl here who loves her fresh seafood ---- except oysters!! I don't eat 'anything' (creature) that requires me to eat the 'whole' thing. Grosses me out!!! Give me shrimp, crawfish, fish, crabs, any day!! Yum!

I love them anyway I can get them! I like them raw on a soda cracker with a dap of cocktail sauce!

Raw, baked, BBQ'd, and recently, fried. My fried oyster was pretty huge, so I had to cut into it. It looked really gross, but was very tasty. I usually have them at my sushi spot, and they add a little something with green onions that I really like. I hope I never come across one that makes me sick because they are amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!