CBR $75 gift card and Free dining

KimBean

DIS Veteran
anyone heard of someone being told they could get the double dip discount and then when they arrived being told they have to choose?

Hearing rumors of this and wanting to know if anyone else had any information of someone being successful. Not sure if the September free dining people had this option or if we are just coming to the dates where these people are checking in.

Not trying to cause alarm just asking because someone is being told to choose so if someone has already been successful they need to push.

anyone heard of someone being told they could get the double dip discount and then when they arrived being told they have to choose?

Hearing rumors of this and wanting to know if anyone else had any information of someone being successful. Not sure if the September free dining people had this option or if we are just coming to the dates where these people are checking in.

Not trying to cause alarm just asking because someone is being told to choose so if someone has already been successful they need to push.

Not personally, but 3 different parties we know were successful. Two got it no questions asked. The thirdneeded to get Guest Services involved. But once they did, smooth sailing.

Interesting. I thought the gift cards were prepared and readied for guests before they arrived, I was under the impression it was even done off site. All the CM at the resort had to do was get them and give them out. How would dining plan even come in to question? Is it that the CM at the resort aren't wanting to go look for the gift card?

Interesting. I thought the gift cards were prepared and readied for guests before they arrived, I was under the impression it was even done off site.

Correct.

All the CM at the resort had to do was get them and give them out. How would dining plan even come in to question?

Some uninformed CMs think these guests are trying to pull a fast one. As WDW normally does not allow double dipping on discounts.

Is it that the CM at the resort aren't wanting to go look for the gift card?

Kinda, they don't feel the guest is entitled to 2 discounts so they feel looking for the Gift Cards would be a waste of time.

Correct.

Some uninformed CMs think these guests are trying to pull a fast one. As WDW normally does not allow double dipping on discounts.

Kinda, they don't feel the guest is entitled to 2 discounts so they feel looking for the Gift Cards would be a waste of time.

So if the guest doesn't ask & the CM doesn't go looking for the gift card, what happens to it? Does it get sent to the guest eventually or does Disney just cancel it? I don't know if we are entitled to one when we get there in 3 weeks. Don't know if I should ask if we are not automatically given it or not.

So if the guest doesn't ask & the CM doesn't go looking for the gift card, what happens to it? Does it get sent to the guest eventually or does Disney just cancel it?

Disney will get it to the guest.

I don't know if we are entitled to one when we get there in 3 weeks.

If you booked before the cutoff, you are entitled.

Don't know if I should ask if we are not automatically given it or not.

I would definitely ask.

Disney will get it to the guest.

If you booked before the cutoff, you are entitled.

I would definitely ask.

Thanks. We did book before the cut off, but got the $75 room discount before Disney decided on the gift card compensation. I got the email about the gift card, but I thought I read some reports that people who got the 75 off were denied the gift card. I don't want to seem greedy by asking at check in if I am not entitled to it.

Thanks. We did book before the cut off, but got the $75 room discount before Disney decided on the gift card compensation. I got the email about the gift card, but I thought I read some reports that people who got the 75 off were denied the gift card. I don't want to seem greedy by asking at check in if I am not entitled to it.

You are entitled to both.

Correct.
Ah, the good old, "I'm going to save the company money from the greedy guest" syndrome.
This is where I blame management. They can and should inform their front desk CM, you check for a gift card for each check in. If they have one, give it to them. If they don't, they don't. The CM should check as part of check in procedure for every guest, no matter if the guest asks or not. It can't take more than 2, 3 minutes, if that. If there is a gift card it means someone over your pay grade has decided they get it. You have no say on it at that point.
Now, if the guest doesn't have one and argues they should, that's when you call for your manager and let them handle it. But the front line CM, really is in no position to be making any decisions regarding the gift cards. They didn't issue them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!