CBR and bathroom options

kace08

Mouseketeer
My mother in law can walk but has limited mobility. I am getting a scooter for her during our stay next month at CBR. I am not getting a handicapped accessible room and I don't think it is necessary but I am concerned about the bathtub. Can I request something to make it easier for her? We are a party of 5 and our handicapped accessible options are limited at CBR.
Perhaps someone can direct me because I feel like I've read the answer to my question somewhere on the boards before but now I can't find it.
Thank you!

I am 70. I can walk, but have limited mobility. But I have no issue using a regular tub/shower. I might use my hand to push up from a toilet, but I don't need a riser or a grab bar. I can't walk more than a few yards without a walker. Well I probably could - but I'm afraid of falling. I will use an ECV at WDW.

You probably need to talk to her about what she thinks she could use. It varies so much person by person.

I am 70. I can walk, but have limited mobility. But I have no issue using a regular tub/shower. I might use my hand to push up from a toilet, but I don't need a riser or a grab bar. I can't walk more than a few yards without a walker. Well I probably could - but I'm afraid of falling. I will use an ECV at WDW.

You probably need to talk to her about what she thinks she could use. It varies so much person by person.
Thanks! My mother in law is very sweet but she will refuse all help and just stay in the room all day. I figure I can always remove it if she doesn't want it.

Are you aware that there are no elevators at CBR? You will want to request a ground floor room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter