CBR or ASmo with 4&6 yr. olds?

disneywithkids

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I would love some input on which resort to go with. We are actually going for 10 days in October. My original internet search for an economical family vacation led me to the Holiday Inn Family Suites which I thought the kids would love - and happened to be close to Disney world - even better! I figured that we would visit MK for 1 day for a treat.

Well, let's just say this trip has slowly transformed itself into 10 days with 4-5 days at HIFS and 5-6 days at CBR or ASmo (I still think we would enjoy some time at the HIFM before going into overdrive trying to go, go, go at WDW! it would be hard to resist trying not to do a lot every day). We have tentative reservations on the Canadian at par deal so price differences aren't an issue.

I'm leaning towards CBR but think the kids are at the perfect age to appreciate ASmo. I was even thinking of doing 3 days at each!

Also, is there a significant difference between the room/bed sizes of CBR and ASmo?

Thanks for your help!

I have stayed at both when my daughter was 3 (AS Mo) and 5 (CBR). She really did enjoy the theming at ASMo. But for the adults, we much preferred CBR because the rooms are quite a bit larger and also have more privacy, because there is a curtain you can pull to separate the bathroom/sink area from the bedroom so kids can sleep while you're still puttering around in the bathroom.

Also, CBR has double sinks and overall just a larger sink/vanity area, as well as a larger bedroom. If money is not an issue, I would personally lean toward CBR because of these issues. The kids are young enough not to know what they are "missing" if they don't go to ASMo.

But if you do decide to go to ASMO, you'll have a great time and the kids will love the huge icons, especially Toy Story. The rooms are definitely small for 4 people - we had two rooms for 4 people when we stayed at ASMo. Hope this info helps!

I think ASMo if you really want theming for the kids. I have stayed at both and the CBR room was larger, but not that much. As an adult, I do prefer CBR, but children are only young once.

My family just got back from CBR. I have stayed at ASMo in the past but fell in love with CBR. The rooms are much bigger and nicer. There is a main pool but it made me nervous because there were so many people it was hard to keep up with my 5 yr. old DS. We liked the small pools located in each area of CBR. The beach at CBR was very nice. My DS played in the sand while I relaxed in the most comfortable hammock I have ever encountered. It was perfect. The food was good.

The theming is not quite as fun but sometimes it is nice to return to a less stimulating room after a big day in one of the parks.

I will not go back to the Allstars after staying in the moderate. Whatever you decide, have a great time. You won't escape the magic no matter where you decide to stay...:bounce:

I think you would be happy with the 3 days at each. I would suggest the CBR after the All Stars. It has a slower pace. But I think the kids will love the All Stars.

And, we have done almost all of the moderates, and would gladly do the All Stars again. Some people disagree, some, like Mickeyfanatic just don't want to go "down" to the value level - it all depends on what you are looking for.

We prefer CBR but my kids are older. When we stayed at ASMusic we liked it too. I think your kids would like the beaches at CBR. But either way you would have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter