CBR or POFQ for holidays 2019

Lyandra

Earning My Ears
Hey guys...

I keep going back and forth and I just can't decide which resort to pick between the 2. I have physically changed my reservation twice already, and I believe I will have to make my mind before the ticket increase.

We will be on the deluxe dining plan and we love going to Disney Springs. Last 7 night trip we did, we were there 5-6 times) Looking at Dec 2019 for both Christmas and NYE. My husband LOVES Starwars so we would definitely spend a lot of time there.

This is what I see as Plus/Minus for us

Plus For CBR
- Skyliner (if open to both Epcot and HS)
(it can be a concern if they decide to remove the buses like they do for the Epcot resort. The boats are not always conveniant)
- Table service
- Several quiet pools (we could use the Riverside one at POFQ, but they are further away)

Plus for POFQ
- Cost ($260 as we don't have to book prefered room.. pays a lot of lyft or Minnie Vans!)
- Quiet
- Small - Most everything is close
- Shade in walking paths
- Close to DS
- Renovated rooms (I'm asthmatic so the hard surface rooms definitely sounds like a plus)

Any plus/minus I would forget there?

Thanks!

For POFQ - Only one bus stop and if it shares with Riverside it is always first. Plus, you can also use the amenities at POR.

After staying at both, CBR would be our choice. It was our favorite Moderate before all the upgrades. And now, even more so.

I have stayed at both and like them. I cannot speak to how CBR is after the construction, so my memory is prior to. I do remember that we could not escape the noise level when we stayed there, and while the music Was part of the theme, it was not conducive to relaxing. I am not sure if it is still the same.

Given a choice during the Holidays, I would choose POFQ, and my choice has nothing to do with convenience, etc. Holidays in WDW are busy, I mean BUSY, and they can be chaotic. POFQ offers a welcome respite from the noise. The music is soft and jazzy version of Holiday favorites, which for my family was the bonus we were not expecting. We never even realized how loud it was outside of our resort until we returned.

I also think the water taxi is a bonus for a holiday stress reliever. Yes, it is going to be busy, but that ride to DS is very relaxing, moreso for us than any bus could be. It is especially lovely after dark.

I have stayed at both and like them. I cannot speak to how CBR is after the construction, so my memory is prior to. I do remember that we could not escape the noise level when we stayed there, and while the music Was part of the theme, it was not conducive to relaxing. I am not sure if it is still the same.

Given a choice during the Holidays, I would choose POFQ, and my choice has nothing to do with convenience, etc. Holidays in WDW are busy, I mean BUSY, and they can be chaotic. POFQ offers a welcome respite from the noise. The music is soft and jazzy version of Holiday favorites, which for my family was the bonus we were not expecting. We never even realized how loud it was outside of our resort until we returned.

I also think the water taxi is a bonus for a holiday stress reliever. Yes, it is going to be busy, but that ride to DS is very relaxing, moreso for us than any bus could be. It is especially lovely after dark.

It’s funny how the music loop at a resort can affect one’s desire to stay there. There are some resorts I just have no desire to stay at and one of the main reasons is the music.

OP, I would choose POFQ for the music and the boat to DS, considering you enjoying going there almost everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter