CBR or Shades of Green??

miss1180

Mouseketeer
We are eligible to stay at SOG because my husband works for Defense Department. We would save $500 if we stay there vs CBR. so its a decent amount of money, but not a total make or break... it will be only the 2 of us this time, so the ease of Magic Express with kids and all of that isn't a huge deal either...we've never stayed at either resort before- but we've stayed at, and liked, WL, Poly, AKL.... the beach-y theme at CBR seems relaxing for a kid-free trip, and the skyliner sounds great since we'll probably be spending some time at EPCOT because we never actually get to look around world showcase with the kids HAHA but saving money at SOG would be nice, too. Any thoughts?!?!

I have never stayed at SOG (don't qualify) but I have stayed at CBR and liked it a lot. People seem to be finding the Skyliner to be a great transportation method, too, so I. would be inclined to stay there. The theme just seems more appealing to me from what I have seen online. However, as I said, I have never stayed at SOG.

Have fun choosing!

I've stayed at both, but my stay at CBR was before the Riviera was built or the sky liner (my stay was in 2016.)

One thing I've liked about SOG is how CALM it feels compared to other resorts. I really notice how much quieter it is compared to some of the Deluxe resorts (Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, etc.) You don't get tons of guests from off site/other resorts coming to SOG to eat, look around, etc.

At SOG you will have a patio or balcony outside your room, and you wont at CBR. There is also a gym at SOG, if that's important to you.

I've never stayed at CBR. But if a beach theme or skyliner transportation calls to you more and the extra out of pocket isn't as important because it's a unique trip, go with CBR. From your post it sounds like transportation to Epcot via skyliner is something you'd really like to do. I have never stayed at CBR, but then it's never really interested me either based on room space, price, I have a lack of concern on themes, and where it's located. However, now the skyliner is there, and that gives it a little something extra. Weigh in on what's important to you or not at this particular time. I have stayed at SOG, so I can say Iove it there.

I haven't stayed at SOG but I have stayed at CBR a few times. Last trip was during the skyliner construction. I love the rooms. Our last trip it was just my husband and I and we had a king bed with a water view. It's such a relaxing resort. I imagine with the skyline up and running it's even better. We tend to spend a lot of time at Epcot also. From what I've heard about SOG you can't go wrong with either resort.

SOG for sure! Huge rooms. Walk to the Poly and the monorail. Reasonably priced restaurants and able to buy stuff from the exchange. I would always choose SOG over a mod

CBR is HUGE. Sprawingly huge. If that is good with you, it’s a fine place to stay. I prefer a smaller and quieter resort, but many people love CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter