• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR Question

bratus913

<font color=deeppink>Hucifer's cute and sassy sist
Hi all! :)

Our family of four - including dh, dd's 5 and *almost* 3 (that *almost* difference is important - the 2 month difference between paying for meals and not!!) and myself are going to WDW in May and staying at CBR.

My question to those of you who have frequented this resort is this - which village should I request when I fax my room request in? Jamaica or Martinique?

I've heard that Jamaica is the first bus stop, does that mean that Martinique is the last? Is the walk from Jamaica to Old Port Royale a long walk?

Just looking to cash in on all of your experiences and opinions!!;)

Thanks

I can't help with your bus question but Martinique is great if you want to be near the food court.

I have pictures of CBR on my web site.

When my DH and I stayed there in 11/00 Jamaica was not the first bus stop. We loved walking to Port Royale as the view and bridge are fantastic. Have a great trip!

Thanks for the information! I'm thinking that the walk across the bridge from Jamaica might be nice (especially with the bus stop rotation!). ;)

As far as I know, the bus stop order 95% of the time is

1.Jam
2.Aruba
3.barb
4.Mart
5.Port
6.TN
7.TS

It's the same order for pick ups and drop offs(not reversed). Jamicia is definitely a plus for buses. Sometime the bus was already full by the time it got to my section, TN.

HTH,
D

Martinique is closer to Old Port Royale. Jamaica is usually the first stop when the buses enter the Resort. To reach Old Port Royale from Jamaica you have to cross a footbridge, but it's a very nice walk.

Stayed in Jamaica 2wks ago-it's the first bus stop. We always got seats, but sometimes it felt like it took forever to leave the resort.

We stayed in Jamaica in June 2000 and loved it! It was the first to be picked up and dropped off as well on the buses. It was a nice walk across the bridge..just a few minutes. We liked that it wasn't right on top of Old Port Royale. It seemed more relaxing. Good luck!

Martinique is the closest to the food court and the nice pool. I think the resort was pretty nice when we stayed there 2 years ago. I believe they have renovated some of it which would be a plus. They did have a nice food court and walking area.:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter