CC Gold - odds of nabbing Palo brunch on a 3-day?

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I have never taken a DCL cruise shorter than 5 days, but I have just booked a 3-day HOTHS Bahamian cruise in October.

Based on the personal navigators for the same cruise in October of 2018, there is only one Palo brunch, on Day 2.

We are going at a relatively "off" time when most kids are in school, but I am guessing that Palo demand will still exceed capacity on that one day. Does a Gold even stand a chance for an advance Palo brunch booking, or do Platinums/Concierge usually snap up all of those slots before Gold even has a shot?

I know they hold back tables so some people can make Palo bookings once they get onboard, but I'd just as soon not have to wait until I am on the ship to find out if I am dining there. For one thing, I'd rather not pack a set of semi-fancy clothes and shoes unless I know I will need them.

So what are my odds?

Thx.

I stressed about getting a Palo Brunch on a 4 day Bahama cruise, and then not only got a brunch time but there were brunch/dinner times for Palo and Remy available a month before the cruise. I agree that there are a lot more first timers on the short Bahamas cruises.

I wondered the same thing for our upcoming 3-day in August. When I logged in at 9pm PST when bookings opened up, there were plenty of options, and we had our pick of time for Palo brunch.

Even checking a few days after there were spots available.

I'm thinking that if you're on right when excursion bookings open, you'll be just fine! Good luck!

Thanks, all. I guess I am worrying about nothing. 👍

My understanding is that the 3 day cruises are there to capture new cruisers who might already be going to WDW.

My understanding is that the 3 day cruises are there to capture new cruisers who might already be going to WDW.

Perhaps. But at the same time, only one Palo brunch. So I was worried that even a small number of Concierge/Platinums would knock us Golds out of the running.

But again, based on the posts above, it seems like I’m probably fine so long as I log in ASAP on OLCI day.

We are also Gold, and we had no trouble booking a Palo brunch on our 3-day Dream cruise in early January. I booked as soon as our window opened, and there were multiple times available. Enjoy!

We are also Gold, and we had no trouble booking a Palo brunch on our 3-day Dream cruise in early January. I booked as soon as our window opened, and there were multiple times available. Enjoy!

Thank you!

I think the situation where concierge/platinum has everything booked up are going to be on the more exciting itineraries... I figure standard 3/4 day bahamas and 7 day caribbean, gold is as good as platinum because most of them have done those a few times over and are now booking the different things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter