CCV now $210/Point Direct

deerh

DIS Veteran
Now that CCV is $210 direct purchase, does that mean current owners price to sell just went WAY up?
If you bought at the beginning-$176/point I think, did the resale go up?, and if so how much do you think it would.

Just wondering..........:rolleyes1

DeerH

Not sure how that works..I haven’t been in the DVC game long enough to know trends and things like that. Although I wouldn’t mind if a good number of people did plan on selling those “small” contracts and decrease the amount of active renting members trying to book rooms :P

I don't think it will budge much. Look at the substantial price increases for VGF and Poly over the past couple of years. Despite those increasing direct costs the resale prices have not jumped at the same rate.

Not sure how that works..I haven’t been in the DVC game long enough to know trends and things like that. Although I wouldn’t mind if a good number of people did plan on selling those “small” contracts and decrease the amount of active renting members trying to book rooms :P
Selling them would mean the new buyers would have the same opportunity, however. The larger issue at work here is hinted at by Jackal above. Disney actively promotes the cabin aspect of CC (as they did the Poly bungalows before that), and many buyers don't take the time to figure out that buying a 150-200 point contract will only allow you 1 or 2 days in a cabin in any given year unless you bank and borrow which then means you can only go once every three years. . .for maybe 5 nights. Instead, these owners, understandably, wind up using the points to maximize their worth which means vying for studios with everyone else. In short, cabins/bungalows = many more owners in the system who won't ever use the points for said cabins/bungalows.

Now that CCV is $210 direct purchase, does that mean current owners price to sell just went WAY up?
If you bought at the beginning-$176/point I think, did the resale go up?, and if so how much do you think it would.

DeerH

The resale market typically doesn't react that quickly to the price changes by Disney. I do expect though that the prices for Copper Creek on the resale market will start to creep up in price.

Well, when we bought, we were not planning on getting a studio always. I guess I am in the "minority" so to speak. We usually book 1BR and 2BR when we stay at DVC. I guess after 20 years of owning DVC, my stays have "changed" if you will. I get that a lot of people want studios, but I think a LOT do not.. I think some of it is overblown on the studio talk.. Also, as the "newbie" on the block, I think CCV will settle down, and you can get studios/1BR somewhat easily. You do have to book 11 months out, and I think December is tough, but other "seasons" not so much...For instance, people want to stay at BWV/Yacht/BC for Food and Wine. Not CCV.....

I doubt it. The longer it goes the more contracts will come on the market. I actually think it's already too high for the location. That said, it could go up a bit short term.

I actually think it's already too high for the location.
I guess it matters more what those interest in buying want to pay. I would say that since VGF and BLT have had significant increases the past couple months it doesn't put CCV price that out of wack considering (it does have the advantage of the lower point cost for now) their increases. PVB does suffer some what because of the large amount of contracts flooding the market right now but once that cools down it should rise some (but it lacks the other unit sizes which hurt it and the very high nightly points).

It's really a question of relativity and not absolute prices basically. Relative to BLT, VGF, and PVB CCV is cheaper which is expected. I don't think it will ever be a SSR, AKV, OKW type on the market simply because it offers an alternate mode of transportation and more importantly is a smaller resort (less resale competition). So relative to the other resorts it sits probably where it should, IMO. I will also add that yes it is difficult to book at 11 months but that can work in favor or against resale. If it remains hard to book at 11 months but has a significant base of people that want to stay there the hard to book would drive resale up, but could also cause people to dump their points (similar to what I think is happening at PVB, people dumping because of no larger units). Its really a dynamic situation that time will tell, but I suspect it's ranking in prices will stay in the just below the monorail resorts.

Last edited:
One of the big things that make me think Copper Creek is priced a little high is the fact that WLV is currently pricing amongst the lowest of any DVC property. I COULD be that Copper Creek is in part causing this - but the price difference seems so great to me. To me - CCV should settle a little below the Poly/VGF/BLT but certainly ahead of SSR and AKV. Right now to me it SHOULD be priced around $125-140, but with Disney boosting direct price to $210, I could see it holding up to closer to $140-150. However, the $150-165 price right now is too high. I really think it will settle down lower than this once we start seeing more contracts on the market in a year or two.

One of the big things that make me think Copper Creek is priced a little high is the fact that WLV is currently pricing amongst the lowest of any DVC property. I COULD be that Copper Creek is in part causing this - but the price difference seems so great to me. To me - CCV should settle a little below the Poly/VGF/BLT but certainly ahead of SSR and AKV. Right now to me it SHOULD be priced around $125-140, but with Disney boosting direct price to $210, I could see it holding up to closer to $140-150. However, the $150-165 price right now is too high. I really think it will settle down lower than this once we start seeing more contracts on the market in a year or two.
I think they are listed at the $150-165, which I do think is too much. But I'm fairly certain most are actually being sold at $140-145 so that was why I thought they were priced right (at least that is what ROFR report thread on here often sees them going). As for BRV I think it is hurting because it has the unique situation as being a direct comparison to CCV, so the 2042 deadline is heavily discounting BRV unlike BWV or BCV which seem to be moderately impacted. When I see people wanting to buy WL posting on here they don't want BRV because CCV is newer, in the main building, and doesn't expire in 2042 no matter how much posters (myself too) try to convince them they shouldn't immediately say no to the resort.

I would imagine that due to the high direct cost of points, most new DVC resorts will find studios to be a hot commodity and low points seasons will become more difficult to book. Hang on folks, it's only going to get worse!

I would imagine that due to the high direct cost of points, most new DVC resorts will find studios to be a hot commodity and low points seasons will become more difficult to book. Hang on folks, it's only going to get worse!

Again, I highly doubt that. After all, Disney is a "Family" place to take families, and a studio won't cut it. Too small, and no washer/dryer/etc. I still think the whole "panic as there are very few studios' available" is a Small sample...YES-In SOME instances, but a lot of people buy for 1BR/2BR, etc. Even us, as old DVC folk (20 years owning) don't like studios anymore and we are empty nesters... Just my .02......

I wonder if people are even booking the bungalows / cabins with cash or if they're just mostly sitting unused.

I would say that they do book, but I don't think ALL of them are in use.. Now maybe December/Novemeber, but other than that, I say no... I for one cannot afford 2 years of points for 3-4 nights... Just NOT worth it to me... BUT, others may differ.... Just my .02 worth......

I wonder if people are even booking the bungalows / cabins with cash or if they're just mostly sitting unused.
Purely anecdotal, but each time when we've stayed or visited the Lodge the past couple of years, many (not all) of the cabins appear to be occupied. Cash or points, who knows? Either way, I can't afford them. Well, we could do points, but then we'd have to stay away for couple of years, and my wife won't let that happen.

DeerH
No

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!