CCV now or later?

Krocc

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am looking to hear some opinions on purchasing a small direct CCV contract for benefits plus I like the area as well and would be a good trip to take every 2 to 3 years banking and borrowing. I am currently in the process of purchasing resale BWV contract with December use year. I have passed ROFR and the earliest I can close is the second week of December due to a last vacation I believe and the latest I can close is beginning of January. I am currently not a DVC member as the resale and direct will be my first contracts. I know direct price for CCV is going up to $188 on January 16th. So the dilemma I am considering is if I should look to purchase the CCV direct contract now or wait until after closing on BWV? My thoughts are that if I wait depending on when we actually close and getting the membership number it could be pretty close to or after Jan 16 when the price goes up. My thoughts are if I bought it now I should still have plenty of time before the middle of December which would be the earliest to close on the BWV contract to notify title company I do have a DVC number to make sure both contracts go under one membership number correct? With already having passed ROFR the only way I see the resale not going through is if the seller has a change of heart. Curious to hear what some of you think?

Hello, I am looking to hear some opinions on purchasing a small direct CCV contract for benefits plus I like the area as well and would be a good trip to take every 2 to 3 years banking and borrowing. I am currently in the process of purchasing resale BWV contract with December use year. I have passed ROFR and the earliest I can close is the second week of December due to a last vacation I believe and the latest I can close is beginning of January. I am currently not a DVC member as the resale and direct will be my first contracts. I know direct price for CCV is going up to $188 on January 16th. So the dilemma I am considering is if I should look to purchase the CCV direct contract now or wait until after closing on BWV? My thoughts are that if I wait depending on when we actually close and getting the membership number it could be pretty close to or after Jan 16 when the price goes up. My thoughts are if I bought it now I should still have plenty of time before the middle of December which would be the earliest to close on the BWV contract to notify title company I do have a DVC number to make sure both contracts go under one membership number correct? With already having passed ROFR the only way I see the resale not going through is if the seller has a change of heart. Curious to hear what some of you think?
If you buy now - and I mean right now, not Dec. 1 or later - you will get the 2017 points in addition to the 2018 points coming on Dec.1. You will have to pay the 2018 dues but they will be prorated for the one remaining month of 2018.

Normally I'd suggest waiting but since you have the opportunity to purchase prior to December 1st and get 2017 points that you can bank immediately that is what I also would recommend. That all assumes that buying points direct does make sense for you to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!