Cedar Point in Ohio

Self proclaimed Cedar Point expert here. First, staying “On the Point” is going to be the best option and that also means the priciest. “On the Point” gives you 2 options; Breakers hotel and Light House Point. Breakers is Cedar Points version of a deluxe resort. It is on the beach, newly renovated, walking distance to the park and has multiple restaurants. Light House Point is a very nice camp ground an has cabins which can sleep up to 12. It is also walking distance to the park and water park. Your other park options are Castaway Bay (indoor water park) and the Express Hotel. Both option require having a car to get to the park and couple mile drive down the causeway to get to the park. There is no shuttle or other means of transportation.

For camping if you can’t go with Light House Point, the Sandusky Bayshore Estates (KOA) is your best choice. It’s still very close to the bark, is half the price of Light House Point and is still pretty nice. Sandusky has lots of hotels but they are mostly your lower tier chain and some can be alright but some can also be rather seedy. I would go with the Kalahari or Great Wolf Lodge.

Say, what do you think the weather be like at Cedar Point around July 4th? So far, it seems like the prediction is for the high 70s, but I'm wondering if the park being on the water makes it feel cooler. I have no idea what to pack for us and the kids - pants, shorts? Hmm... Any advice appreciated!

Say, what do you think the weather be like at Cedar Point around July 4th? So far, it seems like the prediction is for the high 70s, but I'm wondering if the park being on the water makes it feel cooler. I have no idea what to pack for us and the kids - pants, shorts? Hmm... Any advice appreciated!

It will feel warm inside the park due to the concrete. I was there Wednesday morning for a couple hours and even though it was only about 70 it felt a lot hot! There's one section that seems to be cooler at times on the one side of the peninsula but it's usually a nice relief from the heat. Keep in mind too when you're standing in lines there, a lot is in the sun.
Depending on the direction of the wind, it could be cooler in the evenings but not that drastic.

It will feel warm inside the park due to the concrete. I was there Wednesday morning for a couple hours and even though it was only about 70 it felt a lot hot! There's one section that seems to be cooler at times on the one side of the peninsula but it's usually a nice relief from the heat. Keep in mind too when you're standing in lines there, a lot is in the sun.
Depending on the direction of the wind, it could be cooler in the evenings but not that drastic.
So helpful - thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!