Knoebels Amusement Resort Elysburg, Pa. 8%
Islands of Adventure Orlando, Fla. 7%
Disneyland Anaheim, Calif. (Tie) 6%
Kennywood West Mifflin, Pa. (Tie) 6%
Europa Park Rust, Germany (Tie) 5%
Holiday World Santa Claus, Ind. (Tie) 5%
Busch Gardens Europe Williamsburg, Va. 4%
Magic Kingdom Orlando, Fla. 3%

and for best childrens park...not even in the running...

Legoland California Carlsbad, Calif. 43%
Idlewild Ligonier, Pa. 15%
Memphis Kiddie Park Cleveland, Ohio (Tie) 8%
Sesame Place Langhorne, Pa. (Tie) 8%
Kiddieland Chicago, Ill. 6%

Fishy.........

and for 2007...very similar..

Cedar Point Sandusky, Ohio 33%
Knoebels Amusement Resort Elysburg, Pa. 10%
Islands of Adventure Orlando, Fla. 9%
Holiday World Santa Claus, Ind. 7%
Disneyland Anaheim, Calif. (Tie) 6%
Pleasure Beach Blackpool Blackpool, England (Tie) 6%
Kennywood West Mifflin, Pa. 5%
Busch Gardens Europe Williamsburg, Va. 4.5%
Europa Park Rust, Germany 4%
Magic Kingdom Orlando, Fla. (Tie) 3%
Tokyo DisneySea Tokyo, Japan (Tie) 3%

shut out from best childrens park again...

Legoland California Carlsbad, Calif. 51%
Farup Sommerland Saltum, Denmark (Tie) 7%
Sesame Place Langhorne, Pa. (Tie) 7%
Memphis Kiddie Park Cleveland, Ohio 5%

Best kids area...

Kings Island Kings Mills, Ohio 54%
Islands of Adventure Orlando, Fla. 10%
Carowinds Charlotte, N.C. 5%
Idlewild Ligonier, Pa .(Tie) 4%
Knott’s Berry Farm Buena Park, Calif. (Tie) 4%

and for best childrens park...not even in the running...

Legoland California Carlsbad, Calif. 43%
Memphis Kiddie Park Cleveland, Ohio (Tie) 8%
Sesame Place Langhorne, Pa. (Tie) 8%
Kiddieland Chicago, Ill. 6%

Fishy.........
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OK, Kiddie Park beat Disney? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:

Kiddie Park, while beloved by me and other folks in the greater Cleveland area who aren't afraid of the neighborhood, isn't even in the running to win anything. It is about the size of a gas station parking lot (actually a little bigger, but not even close to the size of a grocery store parking lot) and has about as much atmosphere. It is filled with carnival type rides for two year olds. We love it because you can take a 2 or 3 year old there and they have the time of their lives for about $10.00. Plus, they look so damn cute on those itty bitty rides. :)

When I read that Legoland won, I thought, "What the hell is Legoland?" Then I remembered that these were the same awards that kept giving Cedar Point the top award and dismissed it.

When you throw Kiddie Park into the mix in any way, shape or form...I just give up.

These are dumb awards.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OK, Kiddie Park beat Disney? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:

Kiddie Park, while beloved by me and other folks in the greater Cleveland area who aren't afraid of the neighborhood, isn't even in the running to win anything. It is about the size of a gas station parking lot (actually a little bigger, but not even close to the size of a grocery store parking lot) and has about as much atmosphere. It is filled with carnival type rides for two year olds. We love it because you can take a 2 or 3 year old there and they have the time of their lives for about $10.00. Plus, they look so damn cute on those itty bitty rides. :)

Holy cr*p! Kiddie Park, the home of the "Little Dipper"?!?!?!? This CANNOT be on any front running list of "best of" anything nationwide. I haven't been past Kiddie Park in years, but if this is the same place that I am thinking of...:confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl2: :confused3 Granted, the Little Dipper was my first roller coaster ever, and I love it for that, but come on!

Cedar Point has a huge following. It is wildly popular with thrill ride junkies. There are a ton of thrill ride enthusiasts who travel to Sandusky, OH every year just to experience the coasters at Cedar Point. I could see how Cedar Point could beat Disney in a public poll which lumps them together in the same category.

Cedar Point; however, has no theme to it. It's a park for people's amusement. Disney parks have a theme. They are theme parks. The award for best amusement park should be broken up. Also, the way it is worded "best amusement park" kind of leads people to pick an amusement park instead of a theme park.

ok. ok. i have to come to cedar point's aid a little bit. first off, cedar point is absolutely THE BEST amusement park on the planet! we live about 25 miles from it and go all of the time. whoever lumped WDW into the same category with cedar point do not know anything about theme parks vs. amusement parks! i would rather go to wdw all of the time, but of course i live too far from orlando to do that :(
even though some crazy website voted cp and other amusement parks best at this and that, we all know that disney cannot be beaten! disney cannot be beaten in theme, service, magic, areas for kids, etc., etc, etc! cp may have some of the best roller coasters, but disney world has mickey mouse and cinderella! how can anyone else top that? :cheer2:

Holy cr*p! Kiddie Park, the home of the "Little Dipper"?!?!?!? This CANNOT be on any front running list of "best of" anything nationwide. I haven't been past Kiddie Park in years, but if this is the same place that I am thinking of...:confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl2: :confused3 Granted, the Little Dipper was my first roller coaster ever, and I love it for that, but come on!
Yup, that's the one. I guess the official name is Memphis Kiddie Park - I never knew that. I guess that's to distinguish it from the Kiddie Parks on all those other streets? ;)

The Little Dipper was my kids' first rollercoaster, too. :) By two years, everyone should have ridden a coaster, especially when they live around here!

I adore Kiddie Park - I really do. Where else can you take a teeny tiny kid and let them ride rides?! But, seriously, it is just not award-worthy by any stretch of the imagination. And the idea of it beating the Magic Kingdom is just as silly as silly can get.

I love Cedar Point, too. I'm not slamming it. Ditto Geauga Lake, though it has gone a bit downhill. Spent many, many hours of my youth (and more than a few as an adult) riding coasters.

I just don't think any of them beat Disney or Universal. And any outfit that gives CP the award year after year AND puts Kiddie Park ahead of...well, anything...is full of crap and not to be taken seriously, IMO. So, that's my $.02.

well, considering the Golden Ticket Awards are sponsored by a trade magazine and voted on by what they term "amusement park enthusiasts"; i'd consider the voting subjective @ best.;)

of course there is a distinction between mega theme parks & regional amusement parks; especially if they key on killer coasters (Cedar Point:thumbsup2 ). Bigger is not always better but; it is a different experience; usually more rounded as to types of attractions. At CP no true dark rides, unless you'd count the rather lame 3-D wheeled indoor coaster where you roll down a tube. IMO, every park needs dark rides, still it's a very cool park & we had a great time.

"my" local amusement park in Pittsburgh, Kennywood placed as follows this year:

#3 halloween event-Phantom Fright Nights (behind Universal Orlando & Knotts)

#7 best park on the planet (beating out MK:scared1: ).

While I cut my teeth on Kennywood's coasters (Phantom's revenge #7 steel coaster & Exterminator #5 indoor one) and still look forward to visiting at least once each year...trust me, it's not in the same league as WDW, Univeral or even Busch Gardens.:confused3

that's just ridiculous...CP and WDW don't belong in the same category..
actually WDW deserves its own category - nothing else comes close to WDW...it's a theme park, but even that isn't right....it's disney.....end of story...

as for amusement parks - CP definitely rules....we don't live in the states anymore, but whenever we're back in detroit to visit the family, we HAVE to head off to CP.....every minute of that 4 hour drive is worth it......
we usually go for two days and stay in one of the area motels (usually the courtyard)...
a great 2 day mini-vacation....

and did somebody mention the magnum?....i made about a zillion bargains with god as we headed up the first hill of that one when they first opened it...i haven't been on it since....:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter