Celebrating 10 WONDERful years in Alaska

rjiwedding

Earning My Ears
Hello! We recently sailed on the Disney Wonder to Alaska. We were on the August 26 sailing and had a fabulous time! This is my first trip report but our sixth cruise. While planning this trip, I got a lot of information from other people's trip reports. I am hoping this helps others plan a great cruise.

The report is on our blog, so I'll post a link here. Hopefully this will work! Enjoy!

Planning
https://indyirwins.blogspot.com/2017/09/planning-trip-of-lifetime.html

Travel Day
https://indyirwins.blogspot.com/2017/09/what-to-pack.html

Seattle
https://indyirwins.blogspot.com/2017/09/seattle.html

Enjoying ur report so far - looking forward to reading about your cruise - we are planning our next DCL to Alakska

Enjoying ur report so far - looking forward to reading about your cruise - we are planning our next DCL to Alakska

You will love Alaska! This was one of our favorite vacations and can't wait to take our kids back to Alaska. I'm hoping that I can start the part about the cruise tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Loving the report. Makes me remember our Alaskan cruise last May. Thanks for sharing.

We decided to head to Triton's for lunch. Triton's opened at 12 but we were there closer to 1. We were able to snag a table close to the window. It was beautiful outside! The scenery is amazing!

Before long, a server came to take our drink order and deliver a bread basket. The bread at lunch is usually white rolls but sometimes we would get a wheat roll. I don't remember what we all had for lunch but it was good. I do know I had a caramel sundae for dessert!

After lunch, the guys and I headed off to hear Doug Jones talk about Alaska's bears. Melanie went to take a quick nap. This was the only talk that we heard in person. During the other talks, we usually had something else planned. But we were able to watch them in the room. This was a great talk! Very informative! I learned a lot about bears but still don't want to encounter a bear. I highly recommend at least watching his talks on TV during your cruise.

After listening to Doug Jones, we headed down to Crown and Fin for Movie Quotes Trivia. This would become one of our favorite places to relax. We usually would sit in the big chairs by the port holes so we could watch the scenery. The theming in this bar is so well done! Ryan tried to teach me backgammon. That didn't go so well!

We didn't do as well as we had thought we would do! There were several movies that I hadn't even seen. But it was fun to play!

Here is the text for my report. The link has the post with the pictures. I hope everyone is still enjoying the trip report.

https://indyirwins.blogspot.com/2017/11/relaxing-day-at-sea.html

After trivia, we headed back to our room to sit on the balcony. And to order room service! We always ordered a cheese plate and cookies.

We have done several Caribbean cruises and love looking out and seeing just water! On this cruise, we would look out and see land and boats!

Before the cruise, I had bought The Alaska Cruise Handbook by Joe Upton. This book was great for today. It gave detailed information about the area that we were cruising through. Also, there was some history behind Alaska throughout the book. I highly recommend this book.

After relaxing for a bit, we wondered down to the atrium for the Captain's Reception. We grabbed a couple drinks to take back to our cabins. We decided to skip the show tonight, Golden Mickeys. We have seen it before, and it's not a favorite. We would rather watch the sunset from the balcony.

Before long, it was time to get ready for dinner. It was formal night. We didn't go all out but still enjoyed getting dressed up. After we were ready, we walked back to the atrium for the second Captain's Reception. We grabbed a drink and walked down to Tiana's Place.

Really enjoying your report so far! Looking forward to the rest as Alaska cruise on my bucket list.

I am enjoying reading your report! We hope to go on the Alaska cruise sometime soon, so it's nice to learn from your experiences. We are taking our first cruise ever on the Fantasy in April to the Eastern Caribbean just to see if we will like cruising before we book the Alaska itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!