Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

You've seen me after 3, or was it 4? This many would be cause for immediate pass out.

Yeah, you would have been going back to the room!

YAY for successful teamwork! I've not gotten past "Beaver" yet. Still working at it!

Ride with me and I'll tell you the secrets so we can unlock the extra point stuff.

Hmmm, I think I've seen that place before. ;)

::yes::

A place I could spend a lot of money very quickly!

I found that even though I wanted some of the dresses, they didn't end up looking good on me. A lot of the clothes are meant for more petit gals like you, so yeah, I guess you could spend a lot of money there. Me on the other hand, they don't make clothes for bodies like Ursula! :lmao:

Yeah, my week got away from me. I worked M-Th, went to Ground School, I spend ALL day Friday with Rebekah doing passport stuff and making appts, and today was pretty busy catching up around the house. So, finally here I am. I have a few days off before I do 2 night shifts in a row. So hopefully, I can catch up better over the next couple of days.

Sounds like you've been busy busy busy.

Yes... I noticed that.
Did I tell you how much I enjoyed chatting with her at lunch?

No you didn't. I didn't realize you two were chatting much. I guess Liesa and I were too busy drinking our wine and making each other laugh.

This year? At least two.

:lmao:

I've never traveled this much in one year in my life!

Sounds like us in 2014....When we moved we almost spent more time traveling than living in the new house!

Sounds like a good plan! We'll play everything else by ear depending on how you guys feel.

Cool! I did find a place in Estes park that had burgers of six different options for the patties, Colorado Beef, Elk, Bison, Turkey, Veggie....but I'm resisting the urge to plan things. Besides, I bet places like that are not uncommon in Colorado.

On April 10, we visited the California Science Center. The Science of Pixar Exhibit had been open since October and we had talked about seeing it the entire time. Finally once it had been extended for an extra week, we made it there!

x17DL0410SP01.jpg

It’s a traveling exhibit, and right now it’s in St. Paul, Minnesota. According to Pixar Wiki, the next stops are in Edmonton, Alberta, (yes that’s in Canada!) And Dearborn, Michigan, even Portland, Oregon, but no dates set as of yet. The tour is supposed to go for 10 years and it started in Boston about two years ago.

If you have the chance to see it, you should go! It’s a fascinating exhibit, there is a lot of hands on stuff, but it’s really technical. While they have lots of cartoons and other exhibits there, most of the concepts are well above the comprehension of young kids. They will enjoy pressing the buttons and stuff, but they may not really know exactly what they are accomplishing when the buttons are pressed.

This picture was taken at a “lighting” display. You could change the colors of the light on Dory and see how it changed the “mood” from scary to happy and other emotions.

x17DL0410SP02.jpg

There were other displays where you could change the texture on a character or object. Another display showed how camera angles can change your perspective on a scene. Just think about “A Bug’s Life” and how that perspective makes the movie.

I don't remember if Wall-E represented any special technique or if Fran just wanted a picture of him.

x17DL0410SP03.jpg

I snapped the remainder of these pics just in case I decided to do any sort of update on this little adventure.

x17DL0410SP04.jpg

x17DL0410SP05.jpg

x17DL0410SP06.jpg

These models are called maquettes and they are used to give Animators a feel for the character and how it exists in 3D.

x17DL0410SP07.jpg

x17DL0410SP08.jpg

x17DL0410SP09.jpg

Most of the exhibit was contained in one room, they covered things like Lighting, Rigging, Modeling, Surface, Sets & Cameras, Simulation, and Rendering in that portion of the exhibit, it was at least an hour or more before we even got to the actual Animation portion of the exhibit.

x17DL0410SP10.jpg

At the very end, they had a neat “stonehenge-esque” circle of video monitors. When you stood in the middle each one represented the various aspects that were covered in the previous room. Each monitor would light up and play a sequence to give you an idea of the order in which everything was done, and how much time things take. I believe it was the rendering process that takes hours and hours to get every pixel just right, and that’s only for one frame. I left the exhibit with a new level of respect for the tediousness that it takes to make a Pixar movie.

April 13

As if my life had not been inundated with Disney enough for the past couple months, this evening I had reserved us into a Winemaker dinner. This was no ordinary Winemaker Dinner, it had sold out very quickly when booking opened. This was the Disney Family of Wines dinner. We would be sampling the wines from four different Vineyards that were founded by Disney actors, producers, family members, whatever their relation the wineries all have Disney in common with their founders.

The event was held in a space that is not normally used for dining. Originally there was a great fancy restaurant up here, but I guess it just didn’t generate enough business to stay open as a full time restaurant, so now it is a special event space. It’s too bad because I love this space, it’s so nice with the breezes and the open air.

x17DL0413WMD01.jpg

x17DL0413WMD02.jpg

x17DL0413WMD03.jpg

Now in the last update I had mentioned that Jill and I went shopping for the special dresses that they released at Vault 28 and somewhere else in Disney Springs. I decided on the Haunted Mansion Dress.

x17DL0413WMD04.jpg

I wasn’t the only one. Remember I mentioned a friend that I struck up a conversation with before the wine tasting in the last update, and we ended up sitting with her? Well this is my friend Sandi and me….

x17DL0413WMD05.jpg

Here’s what’s on the menu.

x17DL0413WMD06.jpg

Then the BigWigs started to come out, this is Gary Magetti who is now Director, Parks Food & Beverage, he oversees all foodservice operations within the theme parks of the Disneyland Resort from outdoor vending kiosks and quick service food courts to fine dining table service.

x17DL0413WMD07.jpg

The lady on the left here, Julia Iantoasca, is the winemaker for Lasseter Family Winery, she has been the winemaker since 2005. The winery began growing grapes in 2000 after several years of amateur winemaking.

x17DL0413WMD08.jpg

Kurt Russell...I don’t think he needs any introduction.

x17DL0413WMD09.jpg

This was called “A Celebration of Spring” and it reads Asparagus and Beets. I don’t even remember what the thing in the spoon was, but I can’t imagine that it’s beets, my guess is the beets are smeared on the plate below the spoon. I know I ate it so it was certainly OK. I know that’s not a glowing recommendation, but I know that I enjoyed just about everything this night, so it must have been good!

x17DL0413WMD10.jpg

Every course was introduced by the Chef and the Winemaker (or representative), they told us about what to expect with the wine and the food we were about to receive.

This dish was called “Rabbit in the Garden” and it read Torchon, Celriac, Carrots, Snow Peas, Brussel Sprouts and Parsnip. If you can’t make it out, there is a small lump of rabbit meat in there and it was served with a Chardonnay from Silverado Vineyards. This Winery was founded by Diane Disney Miller and her husband. I liked the wine, this was the one dish that I sort of pushed around the plate and ate a little bit, but did not join the clean plate club. The word “Torchon” refers to the manner in which the Rabbit was cooked.

x17DL0413WMD11.jpg

The next dish was “Duck in a Pie”. It was served with Kurt Russel’s Gogi Winery “3 Bings” Pinot Noir. This had Morels, Leeks, Potatoes, Carrots and Duck in the pastry.

x17DL0413WMD12.jpg

This one was really good! There was a nice hearty broth inside and all the veggies were very yummy!

x17DL0413WMD13.jpg

This one was called “Beef on the Grill” and it was from the Chef John State, that we saw a few weeks earlier at the “Meet the Disneyland Chefs” Panel. Before the dinner started I went up and talked to him (he was standing in the hallway where all the BigWigs walked through) and asked him a couple details about the recipe that he made for us. My notes were a little cryptic and I didn’t quite understand exactly what I had taken down, so he clarified that for me and I was able to make the sausages with warm potato salad meal a couple days later. He was so nice and talked to me like someone who knew how to cook and not just a stupid fan girl.

Beef on the Grill was paired with the Lasseter Family Winery Amoureux, which is a Cabernet Blend and quite tasty! Of course the Beef was delicious too!

x17DL0413WMD14.jpg

Our Dessert course was Stone Fruit on Toast, Peach, Vanilla, Lemon and Melba Sauce. I ate up everything on the plate, and the gold little halo was very tasty as well! The toast was less toasty and more cakey, the whole thing went very well with the Festivity, Blanc de Noirs from Fess Parker Winery.

x17DL0413WMD15.jpg

Lastly we were served these little treats which were a perfect ending to the meal.

x17DL0413WMD16.jpg

By the time we left that evening, we had signed up for the Lasseter Wine Club and the Gogi wine club!

You got to see Kurt Russell again!!! :love: I don't think I could have eaten anything, I would have stared at him the whole time :laughing:

The Pixar exhibit looked like great fun. I'll have to see that if it comes anywhere near me. Loved all the full size characters. Edna Mode is one of our favorites, and Wall-e :)

You got to see Kurt Russell again!!! :love: I don't think I could have eaten anything, I would have stared at him the whole time :laughing:

I couldn't see him from where I was sitting, and this isn't the last of him yet!

The Pixar exhibit looked like great fun. I'll have to see that if it comes anywhere near me. Loved all the full size characters. Edna Mode is one of our favorites, and Walle. :)

So far it's not scheduled to be near you, but starting either later this year or next year there will be two of them running concurrently.

Last edited:

You saw my boyfriend Kurt Russell again! LOL

That dinner looked divine! Don't forget we need to do Napa and Sonoma some of these days. :)

Jill in CO

I couldn't see him fromantic where I was sitting,

:sad:

and this isn't the last of him yet!

WHEW!

So far it's not scheduled to be near you, but starting either later this year or next year there will be two of them running concurrently.

They must have a good turn out to have two of them. Very cool.

I was so distracted by Kurt I forgot to say I love your HM dress!

What flavor were those macarons? they look grey.

No you didn't. I didn't realize you two were chatting much. I guess Liesa and I were too busy drinking our wine and making each other laugh.

TBH, we didn't talk too much.
I'm not really all that comfortable in social situations with people I don't know. And I don't really know her (one brief lunch isn't enough.)
But at one point, I remember either she or I made a comment about some TV show (don't recall which now) and we found a common thread and.... :)
That's all it took.

The Science of Pixar Exhibit had been open since October and we had talked about seeing it the entire time.

Cool! We got to see that one when it was at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia.

I snapped the remainder of these pics just in case I decided to do any sort of update on this little adventure.

Good thing you got them, then!

At the very end, they had a neat “stonehenge-esque” circle of video monitors. When you stood in the middle each one represented the various aspects that were covered in the previous room. Each monitor would light up and play a sequence to give you an idea of the order in which everything was done, and how much time things take. I believe it was the rendering process that takes hours and hours to get every pixel just right, and that’s only for one frame. I left the exhibit with a new level of respect for the tediousness that it takes to make a Pixar movie.

I remember that one as well. It was incredible seeing how long it took to go through that process. I don't know how they get an eye for such detail to be able to say, "Ok, now we need to add this shade or light."

I wasn’t the only one. Remember I mentioned a friend that I struck up a conversation with before the wine tasting in the last update, and we ended up sitting with her? Well this is my friend Sandi and me….

Great minds!

You seem to run into him an awful lot.

This was called “A Celebration of Spring” and it reads Asparagus and Beets.

I can't think of any celebration that would involve asparagus and beets.

The word “Torchon” refers to the manner in which the Rabbit was cooked.

I can only assume this means they used a welder's torch. Cool!

On April 10, we visited the California Science Center.

Correction. According to the signage, it's either the California Science nter or the California Scien Center.

The Science of Pixar Exhibit had been open since October and we had talked about seeing it the entire time.

Sounds intriguing.

It’s a traveling exhibit, and right now it’s in St. Paul, Minnesota.

:headache: Of course it is. I was just there.... twice... and didn't know.

According to Pixar Wiki, the next stops are in Edmonton, Alberta, (yes that’s in Canada!)

That's actually farther for me than St. Paul.

The tour is supposed to go for 10 years

Wow! Really!

If you have the chance to see it, you should go! It’s a fascinating exhibit, there is a lot of hands on stuff, but it’s really technical. While they have lots of cartoons and other exhibits there, most of the concepts are well above the comprehension of young kids. They will enjoy pressing the buttons and stuff, but they may not really know exactly what they are accomplishing when the buttons are pressed.

Sounds like the kind of thing I'd be interested in.

You could change the colors of the light on Dory and see how it changed the “mood” from scary to happy and other emotions.

Cool! How obvious was it? Were you more like "I guess so?" or "Wow! What a difference!"

I don't remember if Wall-E represented any special technique or if Fran just wanted a picture of him.

I suspect the latter. :)

Love the little girl's expression.

These models are called maquettes and they are used to give Animators a feel for the character and how it exists in 3D.

Never knew they had a name. I just thought of them as "models".

it was at least an hour or more before we even got to the actual Animation portion of the exhibit.

That's a good sign! :)

I believe it was the rendering process that takes hours and hours to get every pixel just right, and that’s only for one frame.

::yes:: Take it from one who can easily spend several days working on getting just one photo right.
And there are typically anywhere from 12-24 frames... every second. In a 90 minute film, that's 64,800-129,600 frames!

We would be sampling the wines from four different Vineyards that were founded by Disney actors, producers, family members, whatever their relation the wineries all have Disney in common with their founders.

Cool!

The event was held in a space that is not normally used for dining. Originally there was a great fancy restaurant up here, but I guess it just didn’t generate enough business to stay open as a full time restaurant, so now it is a special event space. It’s too bad because I love this space, it’s so nice with the breezes and the open air.

I assume that's in Disneyland, yes?

Very pretty!
So's the dress.

(And really... you can't go wrong with a HM theme.)

Twins!

Then the BigWigs started to come out, this is Gary Magetti who is now Director, Parks Food & Beverage, he oversees all foodservice operations within the theme parks of the Disneyland Resort from outdoor vending kiosks and quick service food courts to fine dining table service.

So that's the dude I need to go see if my fries are underdone.

The lady on the left here, Julia Iantoasca, is the winemaker for Lasseter Family Winery,

Huh! (no really. impressed)

Oh, sure. The guy from Gilligan's Island.

Actually, I still think first of The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes

my guess is the beets are smeared on the plate below the spoon.

That's certainly what it looks like.

This dish was called “Rabbit in the Garden” and it read Torchon, Celriac, Carrots, Snow Peas, Brussel Sprouts and Parsnip.

Nope!
And I don't like parsnips either.

Double whammy.

The word “Torchon” refers to the manner in which the Rabbit was cooked.

Interesting. Googled.

This one was really good! There was a nice hearty broth inside and all the veggies were very yummy!

That looks really good!
My experience with that type of dish has always been.... less than stellar.

This one was called “Beef on the Grill”

Love the creativity behind the names!

:laughing:

My notes were a little cryptic and I didn’t quite understand exactly what I had taken down, so he clarified that for me

That's impressive. Often, when someone asks me for details of a recipe, I can't do it off the top of my head (unless I make it very often or it's simple)

He was so nice and talked to me like someone who knew how to cook and not just a stupid fan girl.

Nice. Seriously.

and the gold little halo was very tasty as well

I probably wouldn't have eaten it... because I would have assumed it wasn't edible!

Lastly we were served these little treats which were a perfect ending to the meal.

mmmmm.... macarons....

By the time we left that evening, we had signed up for the Lasseter Wine Club and the Gogi wine club!

What does that entail, Alison?
Do they send you a bottle a month? First bottles of a particular vintage?

I just feel like if I actually try and plan it (like researching restaurants and such like I often do) then I will not benefit from your expertise, and we will lose out on spur of the moment types of things. Here is the plan so far.

Wed - your fried chicken place
Thurs - Arvada, Car Museum, Del Frisco's
Fri - Estes Park (this is where I started to go crazy reading Yelp reviews and stuff and had to say, "Stawp!")
Sat - Colorado Springs, Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods
Sun - ???? Whatever Fran comes up with. She wanted me to ask you about turquoise shops, but then she found one in your town online.
Mon - we go home. :sad2:

You ladies are going to have a blast! I am expecting lots of pics.

Fun update and LOVE the HM dress! It fits really well.

Kurt Russel just gets better looking with age. he is so handsome.

Dinner looks fabulous, especially the duck pie. That crust looks perfect!

After being away for a long time with work, I am finally able to read some of your updates since May which was a long time ago.

I remember you talking about the PotC event and I now can understand that it was a special treat. It must be neat to be at the park that early.

So glad that you were able to do the Robert Irvine seminar again just like last year. It was neat to see that he did the same thing at the back of the kitchen like last years seminar. That is nice that you got a recipe card for the experience. I would have enjoyed that seminar over last years but last years was great.

I really want to do another F&W festival at DCA or Epcot but I might wait till next year at DCA.

Glad that you, @pkondz, his daughter and @Steppesister (Liesa) had a great time at the DLR and were able to do a lot of great things. It was nice to meet Liesa that night and see you as well. Thank you Alison for showing some of my pics from my April trip.

The Guy Fieri seminar looks good as well.

I will catch up on your latest and glad that I was able to read on the boards again. I am so far on others as well.

That Pixar exhibition looks really interesting. I hope that at some point it will make its way across to Europe.

The dinner looked amazing. I was wondering where the venue was or more to the point what it used to be and I could not figure it out. It looks like a really lovely space though. I love the Haunted Mansion dress.

Corinna

I think we stole the glasses from the empty seat next to us as well!
That's how you do a wine tasting!

When we sat down and took a look at the menus, I was somewhat afraid that what she would be serving was healthy.
I'd be scared by anything that puts the word sandwich in quotation marks...

Unfortunately they served this with beer and Fran is the only one of the three of us who likes beer.
Not unfortunate for Fran!

It was OK, but as I feared, it was too healthy and none of us felt really satisfied with the food.
That's the problem with healthy food...

I had received some tips earlier in the week and Jill and I worked together and for the first time we were no longer Beavers!
WHAT????? :faint: Congratulations on finally figuring it out! :rotfl2:

The Science of Pixar Exhibit had been open since October and we had talked about seeing it the entire time. Finally once it had been extended for an extra week, we made it there!
So you could say they extended it just for you!

Looks like a really interesting exhibit! I'm glad you finally managed to check it out before it left.

Well, you wrote about the evening so apparently she left? I mean I didn't think 2 women could wear the same dress to the same event so surely somebody had to leave?

This looks like an incredible evening. A lot of great things to try and I'm glad you were able to attend it.

Yeah, you would have been going back to the room!

In what condition is all that really mattered. ;)

Ride with me and I'll tell you the secrets so we can unlock the extra point stuff.

Yes! We must. I'm hoping to be back down again next Spring. But won't know for sure until it gets a lot closer. :)

I found that even though I wanted some of the dresses, they didn't end up looking good on me. A lot of the clothes are meant for more petit gals like you, so yeah, I guess you could spend a lot of money there. Me on the other hand, they don't make clothes for bodies like Ursula! :lmao:

Ursula? Hardly! You look fabulous in the HM one below.

Sounds like you've been busy busy busy.

It's a crazy time for me, but very rewarding!

I left the exhibit with a new level of respect for the tediousness that it takes to make a Pixar movie.

Then it sounds like they did their job of creating a very well done exhibit!

Now in the last update I had mentioned that Jill and I went shopping for the special dresses that they released at Vault 28 and somewhere else in Disney Springs. I decided on the Haunted Mansion Dress.

x17DL0413WMD04.jpg

Perfect choice! I love it, and it's perfect for you.
It’s too bad because I love this space, it’s so nice with the breezes and the open air.

I agree, a stunning venue!

Kurt Russel’s Gogi Winery “3 Bings” Pinot Noir.

Mmmm a well done Pinot... yum!

That is one gorgeous looking dessert. Stunning presentation!

Hi there, apologies I've been MIA from your reports! I've been back at work so things have been crazy! Going to catch up now!

TBH, we didn't talk too much.
I'm not really all that comfortable in social situations with people I don't know. And I don't really know her (one brief lunch isn't enough.)
But at one point, I remember either she or I made a comment about some TV show (don't recall which now) and we found a common thread and.... :)
That's all it took.

Possibly one of those car shows, like Counting Cars....

Cool! We got to see that one when it was at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia.

I'm so glad you guys saw this. I thought of your family specifically, when I thought about whom of my friends would enjoy this.

Good thing you got them, then!

I've learned that if I'm at all questioning whether or not to take a picture, do it, or I'll regret it later.

I remember that one as well. It was incredible seeing how long it took to go through that process. I don't know how they get an eye for such detail to be able to say, "Ok, now we need to add this shade or light."

I know. I barely know whether or not I should use the brightening effect on my pictures!

You seem to run into him an awful lot.

Yeah, I guess in the scheme of things, I do tend to cross paths with him more often than many people. It's just the wine, really. Every time he's selling his wine! :laughing:

I can't think of any celebration that would involve asparagus and beets.

I do have to agree with you there. I like asparagus but not enough to cause a celebration. Bacon maybe. Beets, blech!

I can only assume this means they used a welder's torch. Cool

It's been so long since I wrote that chapter that I forgot what it actually meant. I like yours better.

Correction. According to the signage, it's either the California Science nter or the California Scien Center.

Picky picky. :snooty: But then again it is the Science Center and not the English Center.

Sounds intriguing.

It was!

:headache: Of course it is. I was just there.... twice... and didn't know.

I only found out as I googled it for this update.

That's actually farther for me than St. Paul.

Interesting. I guess Tijuana is closer to me than San Francisco.

Sounds like the kind of thing I'd be interested in.

I bet you would!

Cool! How obvious was it? Were you more like "I guess so?" or "Wow! What a difference!"

Sort of inbetween. It was obvious that some colors could be more "happy" or "bright" and that others had a more "sad" or "foreboding" look to them. I can see how with music and other elements it all ties together to make a great picture.

Never knew they had a name. I just thought of them as "models".

I'm not sure where I learned the name, but when I had the opportunity to purchase one, it didn't take me long to make up my mind. Those things aren't supposed to leave Disney!

That's a good sign! :)

Yeah we tried to read and do every little station they had. Kids kept playing with them just turning the dials and hitting the buttons and I could tell they had no idea how they were changing the effect.

::yes:: Take it from one who can easily spend several days working on getting just one photo right.
And there are typically anywhere from 12-24 frames... every second. In a 90 minute film, that's 64,800-129,600 frames!

Wow! I don't even mess with much other than removing unwanted people from my pictures.

I assume that's in Disneyland, yes?

Actually it's in DCA. Upstairs at the Golden Vine Winery. The Trattoria downstairs is still a functioning restaurant but the upstairs is now only used seasonally or for special events.

Very pretty!
So's the dress.

(And really... you can't go wrong with a HM theme.)

Awwww shucks. :blush:

Which is why I have quite a few HM themed shirts, purses and an apron.

So that's the dude I need to go see if my fries are underdone.

I doubt it. I mostly only see him at high falutin sorts of events. Rarely do I spot him roaming in the parks, but I have....

Oh, sure. The guy from Gilligan's Island.

Actually, I still think first of The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes

I never really paid attention to "actors" until I got older. When I was young I got more caught up in their characters. Probably the first time I noticed him was when I watched Overboard on syndicated TV. I looked up his filmography today on IMDB, and really I haven't seen many of his pictures. Probably more of the one episode appearances on TV shows, like Gilligan's Island.

Huh! (no really, impressed)

She has quite a resume! Evidently she works with quite a few wineries in Sonoma. And she and her husband are the first couple whom both are acclaimed winemakers.

Nope!
And I don't like parsnips either.

Double whammy.

Yeah that was my least favorite of all the dishes they served that night.

Interesting. Googled.

That's what I did, and now I've forgotten what it meant. To lazy to google again on my phone. Replying to comments is hard enough!

That looks really good!
My experience with that type of dish has always been.... less than stellar.

It was great! The crust was nice and the filling was tasty too!

Love the creativity behind the names!

Well at least they stuck with a theme!

That's impressive. Often, when someone asks me for details of a recipe, I can't do it off the top of my head (unless I make it very often or it's simple).

I didn't even think about that. However I did figure if he did a demo on it, he would probably know it fairly well. Besides the way he talked about it, he was like, "It's just a simple vinaigrette..."

I probably wouldn't have eaten it... because I would have assumed it wasn't edible!

Back when the F&W Festival had a Napa Rose Cooking school, they let us get very "hands on" in the kitchen. We would make an appetizer, a salad or fish course, a main, and then watch a dessert demo. We got to eat all of it with wine pairings too. One year they showed us how to make the edible gold and we got to play around with it. I would post a picture, but since I'm boycotting Photobucket, I don't have one easily accessible, especially from my phone.

mmmmm.... macarons....

::yes::

What does that entail, Alison?
Do they send you a bottle a month? First bottles of a particular vintage?

It depends on the club. Currently I'm in seven wine clubs (after adding Lasseter and Gogi).
Ridge ships two bottles every month which are specially bottled for their ATP (Advance Tasting Program). Most of these bottles are limited production and only available to Club members.
Beaulieu ships quarterly and it's often four bottles. I'm in the Corps de Latour which means that they send me the higher end reds. I used to be in both their clubs where I also got the more mainstream every day wines, but it got to be too much cost and drinkwise.
Cakebread ships six times a year. They send me a magnet every November with next year's ship dates. They usually send four bottles, two of the same red and two of the same white. Sometimes its all red.
Zaca Mesa ships every two or three months. There's usually three bottles, and two are red and one white, but sometimes all red. They're a Rhone Varietal sort of Winery whereas the previous two are more traditional Burgundy or Bordeaux style wineries.
Sanford ships every six to eight weeks I think, and they do only Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Sauvignon Blanc.
Lasseter ships quarterly. I've already received two shipments from them. They are a very French Style Winery in that all their wines are blended and not named for their varietal.
Gogi ships one case every year, in the Fall after the harvest. I have yet to see what this brings.

More information than you wanted?

You ladies are going to have a blast! I am expecting lots of pics.

Well, I'm not sure how we did on that one. Most of the time we didn't have a signal.

Fun update and LOVE the HM dress! It fits really well.

I didn't even have to take it to the tailor! Now all I need is another event to wear it again....

Kurt Russel just gets better looking with age. he is so handsome.

I do have to say that I agree. He looks much better now than he did say 30 years ago.

Dinner looks fabulous, especially the duck pie. That crust looks perfect!

It was!

After being away for a long time with work, I am finally able to read some of your updates since May which was a long time ago.

Welcome back! I know you've been very busy.

I remember you talking about the PotC event and I now can understand that it was a special treat. It must be neat to be at the park that early.

So glad that you were able to do the Robert Irvine seminar again just like last year. It was neat to see that he did the same thing at the back of the kitchen like last years seminar. That is nice that you got a recipe card for the experience. I would have enjoyed that seminar over last years but last years was great.

Both of those events were a lit of fun. It was tiring though to have them both in the same day!

I really want to do another F&W festival at DCA or Epcot but I might wait till next year at DCA.

I lucked out getting an extra F&W trip this year, it wasn't supposed to be until 2019! I hope you can come to DCA next year.

Glad that you, @pkondz, his daughter and @Steppesister (Liesa) had a great time at the DLR and were able to do a lot of great things. It was nice to meet Liesa that night and see you as well. Thank you Alison for showing some of my pics from my April trip.

We did have a lot of fun. Thanks for taking so many great pics, I didn't bother that day. I am seeing it Thursday night before it goes away again.

The Guy Fieri seminar looks good as well.

I will catch up on your latest and glad that I was able to read on the boards again. I am so far on others as well.

I know how that feels, glad you stopped by!

That Pixar exhibition looks really interesting. I hope that at some point it will make its way across to Europe.

Right now there are only plans for the US and Canada, but you never know. 10 years is a long time!

The dinner looked amazing. I was wondering where the venue was or more to the point what it used to be and I could not figure it out. It looks like a really lovely space though. I love the Haunted Mansion dress.

It's above the Wine Country Trattoria. I don't even remember what the name of the original restaurant was.

So inbetween filings, cuticle trimming, etc, I googled to find the name of the old place. Then as I was sitting with my hands under the UV light I remembered! It was called The Vineyard Room! The downstairs was a Grab and Go if I remember correctly. They merged the two concepts with the Wine Country Trattoria. They kept the table service, and toned down the fine dining to something more appealing to the average guest.

That's how you do a wine tasting!

:thumbsup2

I'd be scared by anything that puts the word sandwich in quotation marks...

Very good point!

Not unfortunate for Fran!

That's the problem with healthy food...

Which is precisely why I am not skinny!

WHAT??? :faint: Congratulations on finally figuring it out! :rotfl2:

Well, let's just say a little birdie told me.

So you could say they extended it just for you!

Sure. Let's go with that one!

Looks like a really interesting exhibit! I'm glad you finally managed to check it out before it left

Me too!

Well, you wrote about the evening so apparently she left? I mean I didn't think 2 women could wear the same dress to the same event so surely somebody had to leave?

The rules are different at Disney! Whenever women have the same dress on, they take a group picture. Sand did it again with a Mary Blair inspired train dress and the reopening preview for the railroad.

This looks like an incredible evening. A lot of great things to try and I'm glad you were able to attend

I was too, and I got another opportunity to see Kurt Russell!

It was called The Vineyard Room! The downstairs was a Grab and Go if I remember correctly. They merged the two concepts with the Wine Country Trattoria. They kept the table service, and toned down the fine dining to something more appealing to the average guest.

I don't remember ever seeing this.

Corinna

In what condition is all that really mattered. ;)

Needing to be carried? At least your hair is short so no one would have to hold it! :lmao:

Yes! We must. I'm hoping to be back down again next Spring. But won't know for sure until it gets a lot closer. :)

Unless I have a conflict with a concert, Dr. Appt, or it's a Tuesday, I can be ready at the drop of mouse ears.

Ursula? Hardly! You look fabulous in the HM one below.

Well thanks, but I feel like Ursula when shopping for clothes. Unless I'm in one of my fat lady stores, and then I actually feel skinny by comparison.

It's a crazy time for me, but very rewarding!

Well I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Then it sounds like they did their job of creating a very well done exhibit!

Yes, and I think I saw Portland on the list of cities down the line.

Perfect choice! I love it, and it's perfect for you.

Thanks and I finally figured out when I can wear it again!

I agree, a stunning venue!

I wish it was used more often.

Mmmm a well done Pinot... yum!

Come visit. I have quite a few in my drink now section. I never put them down in the cellar. I have at least a case of them ready to drink!

That is one gorgeous looking dessert. Stunning presentation!

And tasty too!

Hi there, apologies I've been MIA from your reports! I've been back at work so things have been crazy! Going to catch up now!

Well I'm glad you're hanging in there. You have a perfect excuse! ;)

Congrats on 20 years!!!

Thank you!!!!

I don't remember ever seeing this.

Corinna

I found this story at Ultimate Roller coaster

August 12, 2008

The Vineyard Room Closing at Disney's California Adventure Park
Anaheim, CA -- While the announced departure of McDonald's from Disney's theme parks has made headlines a lesser known, but finer dining experience will also be leaving Disney's California Adventure.

The Vineyard Room, the last of three fine dining experiences at Disney's California Adventure park, will be closing at the end of this month.

The Vineyard Room is one of the lesser-known restaurants in Disney's California Adventure because of the upstairs location and limited operating days. The restaurant was originally sponsored and operated by Robert Mondavi Wines.

Located upstairs in the Golden Vine Winery the Vineyard Room serves pasta, seafood and gourmet salads paired with fine wine. An 18-foot California plein-air mural is part of the décor of this upscale restaurant.

While the current concept may be ending, sources sayt that Disney plans to continue to use the space for a restaurant. The plan calls for an expansion of the popular Wine Country Trattoria restaurant downstairs, into the space currently occupied by The Vineyard Room..

The Vineyard Room is the last of three fine-dining, full-service restaurants within the theme park. The other two, the ABC Soap Opera Bistro in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot closed and Avalon Cove by Wolfgang Puck in Paradise Pier has been converted into Disney Character Dining. The upstairs Avalon Cove bar however remains sans the Wolfgang Puck sponsorship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!