~Celebrating a "Sweet 16" September 2017~looking for tips and ideas~crowds in Sept?

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I am flying my daughters 5 best friends and our family to Disney for her Sweet 16 this September. We are Disney veterans but need some help planning. Has anyone used "Gifts of a Lifetime"? Who can I hire to decorate our rooms? We are celebrating 9/22 for 3 nights. Her actual birthday is September 24th-we will be in MK for The Princess Breakfast in the Castle-then I may use Gifts of a Lifetime for a scavenger hunt...looks well done.

We are staying at The Polynesian MK view-deluxe meal plan (figured paying for 10 people it was worth the money) Does Poly still have Cabanas to rent?

Is MNSSH worth the money? The day we fly into Orlando 9/22 looks like MK is only open till 7pm so is it safe to assume it's because of MNSSH?

Anyone utilize the Disney florist?? if so what did you use them for?

ANY input of tip then I can use to make this completely magical I would appreciate. Thanks in advance!

Below I posted pictures of her invitations for her friends that we just hand delivered-we did custom fanny packs for the girls, with Minnie Mouse headbands for the girls.

Your DD is very lucky! What a special experience for her!

As far as room decoration, I'd use Disney Florist. They're expensive but overall have decent reviews and their items are decent quality. I have no experience with Gifts of a Lifetime. However, not being too far away from age 16, a scavenger hunt wouldn't have been my thing at age. I would have rather just spent the time with my friends. But, that's just my preference, your DD may enjoy participating in those kinds of activities.

MK does close at 7:00 PM for MNSSHP. I'd highly recommend doing the party-one of the best Disney experiences out there and always worth the money.

We celebrated one of my girls 16th at the parks! Make sure to ask for a "Birthday Celebration" button for her either at the resort or Town Hall. CM's go out of there way to make it special for them. A Photo Scavenger Hunt at Disney Springs, where they can do their own thing, but yet still get have the excitement of the hunt. Order a Birthday Sweet 16 sash if she is a princess girl. WDW can also have a special Sweet 16 cake made (look for ideas on the Cake Chatter thread) and delivered either to your resort or a special TS meal (at a cost of course, but really cool). Spa time or pedicures at the Grand Floridian, Trail riding at Fort Wilderness, Birthday Illuminations cruise, Desserts around the World Showcase. Just think about the things your daughter likes the most and build on that. She may not need anything, other that "run around WDW with girlfriends" time.

We did a similar trip a year ago for my daughter's 16th. We did the Gifts of a Lifetime scavenger hunt. It was well done, but I felt like it had us all over MK and took more time than we want away from rides. This was not their fault, just not quite what the girls wanted. We ate the kitchen sink and spent a lot of nights out at the park. They liked the time to just sit and be goofy together. WCC was a last minute add on d/t a cancelled flight and was probably a highlight of the trip.

What a great idea! We use Disney florist once for my mom's birthday for flowers and it was great. Also left an autographed photo of Mickey and Minnie.

I would suggest the wishes cruise leaving out of Polynesian. We've done this twice and love it! I think the boats fit 10. Illuminations is another option.

I used Gifts of a Lifetime for a scavenger hunt for my kids a few years back. They were amazing, the scavenger hunt was awesome and so much fun, we were just talking about it just the other day. We did an alice in wonderland theme and it was amazing. Gifts of a lifetime made it so special. I have also used disney florst on a few occasions we have done the mickey welcome, mickey birthday, pirate and christmas packages . They decorate the room and leave gifts, you can add and personalize items also.

Another fun thing is the fireworks pirate cruise that leaves from the contemporary

My daughter and I flew to Disney for her 14th birthday (sans dad and brother) to celebrate her 14th. We couldn't afford to bring friends, but had a great time together. One thing that was really fun for her was that I went to Michaels (craft store that has a diy bridal area) and purchased a rhinestone crown- I also found a button that said Birthday Princess or something like that. She was a little reticent at first, but ended up loving all the attention on the way to Disney on ME, and even wore it to one of the parks. Lots of well wishes and smiles. Perhaps 16 is too old, maybe not.

I am flying my daughters 5 best friends and our family to Disney for her Sweet 16 this September. We are Disney veterans but need some help planning. Has anyone used "Gifts of a Lifetime"? Who can I hire to decorate our rooms? We are celebrating 9/22 for 3 nights. Her actual birthday is September 24th-we will be in MK for The Princess Breakfast in the Castle-then I may use Gifts of a Lifetime for a scavenger hunt...looks well done.

We are staying at The Polynesian MK view-deluxe meal plan (figured paying for 10 people it was worth the money) Does Poly still have Cabanas to rent?

Is MNSSH worth the money? The day we fly into Orlando 9/22 looks like MK is only open till 7pm so is it safe to assume it's because of MNSSH?

Anyone utilize the Disney florist?? if so what did you use them for?

ANY input of tip then I can use to make this completely magical I would appreciate. Thanks in advance!

Below I posted pictures of her invitations for her friends that we just hand delivered-we did custom fanny packs for the girls, with Minnie Mouse headbands for the girls.

This is awesome!!! We are inviting 3 of my daughters friends to to celebrate her sweet 16 in September. I wanted something exactly like this to send for invitations. Can you tell me where you got the invitations and fanny packs from??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!